Legion on FX

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby FlapJack on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:08 am

FlapJack wrote:This thing is teetering on just being a gimmick.

... and then it pulls me back in.

Quite the horror show this week.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Postby Darkknight37 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:16 am

And he's adopted... I hope this is going where I think it's going ;)
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby Nicodemus317 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:17 pm

This isn't a spoiler since no one knows what's going to happen, but as an X-men fan from way back I have a pretty strong guess who the yellow-eyed demon is.

http://marvel.com/universe/Shadow_King
Nicodemus317
Art Connoisseur

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Wow. That season finally was excellent. I have no idea what is going on for the most part (don't know any of the backstory), but that was some awesome TV right there. Last 20-30 minutes were epic and Aubrey Plaza has been amazing in this. Was never really a fan of her in the other shows she has been in, but love her in this.

Usually not a fan of stuff that is as schizophrenic as this, with all the jumping around timelines, astral planes, etc., but this I have really enjoyed. I am really glad they pulled everything back together in the end and were able to setup for next season.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby maddoghoek100 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:13 pm

i liked the nice little professor x easter egg in there and the segment where it went to silent film style was cool. If nothing else the show is very stylish
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Image T.K.C.

Postby Codeblue on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:55 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Wow. That season finally was excellent. I have no idea what is going on for the most part (don't know any of the backstory), but that was some awesome TV right there. Last 20-30 minutes were epic and Aubrey Plaza has been amazing in this. Was never really a fan of her in the other shows she has been in, but love her in this.

Usually not a fan of stuff that is as schizophrenic as this, with all the jumping around timelines, astral planes, etc., but this I have really enjoyed. I am really glad they pulled everything back together in the end and were able to setup for next season.

That wasn't the finale. At least I assume that's what that fuggin typo is.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:12 am

Codeblue wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Wow. That season finally was excellent. I have no idea what is going on for the most part (don't know any of the backstory), but that was some awesome TV right there. Last 20-30 minutes were epic and Aubrey Plaza has been amazing in this. Was never really a fan of her in the other shows she has been in, but love her in this.

That wasn't the finale. At least I assume that's what that fuggin typo is.

Yes it was a typo and you are correct, that was not the season FINALE. You are a little grumpy today.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK

Postby willg on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Enjoyed that last episode.
willg
Art Expert

Postby alteridiom on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:43 pm

What a finale! Setting up next season nicely.
alteridiom
Art Expert

I will retire from this hobby when I have a Stout Jurassic Park
ImageImage T.K.C.Image
Small town pizza lawyer

Postby peacedog on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:29 pm

I very much enjoyed the first season, looking forward to where it's headed.
Last edited by peacedog on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:25 pm

Glad to see they will still use Aubrey Plaza next season (at least the end seemed indicate that). I liked the use of Pink Floyd during the exorcism scene.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Postby DidYouSeeMeEscaping on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:41 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Glad to see they will still use Aubrey Plaza next season (at least the end seemed indicate that). I liked the use of Pink Floyd during the exorcism scene.

Their music choice has been on point all season long, as well as whoever is scoring the thing (loved the music during Oliver's conducting scene last week(pretty sure that's vague enough to not spoil anything)). They kind of had me from the get go by opening with the Who.

Looking forward to next Feb
DidYouSeeMeEscaping
Art Connoisseur

Postby southerngarden on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:52 pm

DidYouSeeMeEscaping wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Glad to see they will still use Aubrey Plaza next season (at least the end seemed indicate that). I liked the use of Pink Floyd during the exorcism scene.

Their music choice has been on point all season long, as well as whoever is scoring the thing (loved the music during Oliver's conducting scene last week(pretty sure that's vague enough to not spoil anything)). They kind of had me from the get go by opening with the Who.

Looking forward to next Feb

the music and the VISUALS really made this series. along with Aubrey Plaza, of course. she was entertaining as hell. Flight of the Conchords' Jermaine Clement was awesome too.

I grew up reading parts of the original X-Men comics around the era of the Legion storyline. I remember the character being really insane and the comics having lots of layers upon layers of telepathic fudge. I began leaning more towards X-Force/New Mutants around that time i think... regardless, for the creators to dig deep into the X-Men world and choose this character, of the thousands possible, for a TV show, was pretty ballsy. I think they pulled it off pretty well.
southerngarden
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Previous

Return to Cinema/TV