Project Fi, anyone?

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby howdyall on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Since there isn't a technology sub forum, I'll just ask here - anyone on project fi? Opinions on the Pixel? I'm done with Verizon, bleh.
howdyall
Art Connoisseur

Postby jsadowski on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:54 pm

Been on Fi for about a year now. I was fed up with Verizon and my girl with ATT. We're using the Nexus 6p on Fi and we'll never look back. If you're mostly on wifi, then I say go for it. I'm connected at home and work, so the only time I use data is when I stream on my commute. My bill ends up being $30 a month. Not to mention the 6p is the best phone I've owned. From what I hear, the pixel is better. However if you were to get the pixel, do not get it through Verizon. Go through fi or Google so it's pure Android without all of the bloatware and governed features.
jsadowski
Art Enthusiast

Postby howdyall on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:00 pm

jsadowski wrote:Been on Fi for about a year now. I was fed up with Verizon and my girl with ATT. We're using the Nexus 6p on Fi and we'll never look back. If you're mostly on wifi, then I say go for it. I'm connected at home and work, so the only time I use data is when I stream on my commute. My bill ends up being $30 a month. Not to mention the 6p is the best phone I've owned. From what I hear, the pixel is better. However if you were to get the pixel, do not get it through Verizon. Go through fi or Google so it's pure Android without all of the bloatware and governed features.

That is the plan, absolutely - going through Verizon for anything is out of the question. Thanks for the input.
howdyall
Art Connoisseur

Postby theperfecttree on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:15 pm

signed up today and went with a 2GB plan at $40/month. using a Google Pixel and so far so good
theperfecttree
EB Team

Postby ehaslund on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:29 pm

I used it from May 2016 to the end of the year. I liked it for the most part, but when I went on trips, I ended up using a lot of data. I just switched over to Cricket and I pay a flat $35 a month for 2.5 GB (compared to paying 45-50 using Fi) of 4G and after that is used up it drops to 2G. I normally don't use more than 2 GB a month so it works for me. The service in my area is as good as Verizon was for the past few years.
ehaslund
Art Connoisseur

Postby howdyall on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:37 pm

I wonder if I can use a Verizon iPhone on a cricket plan...
howdyall
Art Connoisseur

Postby ehaslund on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:59 pm

howdyall wrote:I wonder if I can use a Verizon iPhone on a cricket plan...

Just go on the cricket website and you should be able to figure that out.
ehaslund
Art Connoisseur

Postby howdyall on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:34 am

Just looked...looks like I can bring my phone. So done with verizon, blah. I have credit to cover me with them til april, then I'm out.
howdyall
Art Connoisseur

Postby ehaslund on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:16 pm

I'd check your coverage first. My dad lives in upstate NY and there are many places that have bad coverage.
ehaslund
Art Connoisseur

Return to Cinema/TV