Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Danno1 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:14 pm

As a kid Carrie freaked me the f out.

As an adult Blair Witch had me completely freaked out about walkin past the basement to pee in the middle of the night.
User avatar
Danno1
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:04 pm
Location: Dayton, OH
stay thirsty my friends

Postby bmd1191 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:06 pm

I was 11 when The Ring came out and was the scariest movie I had ever seen. Neither me or any of my friends could watch the whole thing without covering our eyes. Nightmares for days. Also (I know I'll get fudge for this lol) when I was in High School the original Paranormal Activity scared the fudge out of me. This was before all the hype set in for it though.

Some films that have giving me real chills in recent years are Insidious and The Strangers.
User avatar
bmd1191
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:35 am
Location: NJ
Image

Postby meskell on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:17 pm

I was around 8 when I saw Matango/Attack of the Mushroom People. Couldn't eat a mushroom until my middle teens. :)
Also, When a Stranger Calls (1979) freaked the fudge out of me as a kid.
User avatar
meskell
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:41 pm
Wanda: I can't stand people, I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.

Postby whiskaz on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:00 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Under the shadow isn't just one of the best horror flicks of the year. It's also one of the best movies of the year. It's an Iranian flick so it might not be everyone's bag but it's drymounting excellent. Also horror is completely subjective. Just because it isn't scary to you doesn't mean it isn't scary to someone else.


Woah, look at that... we agreed, again.
User avatar
whiskaz
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Postby Thronk on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:08 pm

Jaws (the original). Was nine when I first saw it, couldn't go in the water for years.
User avatar
Thronk
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:43 am
Location: The Beach
Image

Postby rubberneck on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Brutal, cold and unflinching.
Rooker was so dead eyed and cold. The home invasion scene is pretty unsettling on a first watch. He always remains as Henry to me no matter the role.

The Descent has some great jump scares and the claustrophobic first half is scarier than the reveal.

Exorcist as seen as a teen used sound and editing to unnerving effect. Part 3 jump moment remains a classic.

Nowadays, reality crime shows show the true horror of man and as a parent it's those child abduction crimes that really freak me out.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23427
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:42 pm

rubberneck wrote:Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Brutal, cold and unflinching.
Rooker was so dead eyed and cold. The home invasion scene is pretty unsettling on a first watch. He always remains as Henry to me no matter the role.


Playing 10/26 at Alamo
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 13564
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX
Image

Postby rubberneck on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:52 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Brutal, cold and unflinching.
Rooker was so dead eyed and cold. The home invasion scene is pretty unsettling on a first watch. He always remains as Henry to me no matter the role.


Playing 10/26 at Alamo


Saw that. Unfortunately way out at Vintage Park only.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23427
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby LifTid on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Not really a horror movie but I saw Starship Troopers when I was 7 or 8, scarred me for awhile.
User avatar
LifTid
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:24 pm

Postby rubberneck on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:56 pm

LifTid wrote:Not really a horror movie but I saw Starship Troopers when I was 7 or 8, scarred me for awhile.


Dina's titties?
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23427
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby whiskaz on Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:10 pm

rubberneck wrote:Nowadays, reality crime shows show the true horror of man and as a parent it's those child abduction crimes that really freak me out.


When I was a kid, my mom made me watch the Adam Walsh movie. That was all the education I needed on stranger danger. I remember getting turned around, probably for a brief second (but felt like forever), in a Hills store and then flipping the drymount out. MOMMMMM!!!!
User avatar
whiskaz
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Postby meskell on Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:25 pm

rubberneck wrote: Exorcist... Part 3

Such an underrated movie.

p.s I loved every movie in the Paranormal Activity series.
User avatar
meskell
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:41 pm
Wanda: I can't stand people, I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.

Postby NEWPORTS69 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:46 pm

saw Amityville 4 real young and was scared of lamps for long time
User avatar
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 948
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Postby v1101011 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:52 pm

Thronk wrote:Jaws (the original). Was nine when I first saw it, couldn't go in the water for years.


Jaws is the reason I absolutely refuse to go beyond ankle deep water at the beach and why I also have an irrational fear of deep water in swimming pools. The biggest difference between Jaws and most horror movies is that there are some big damn sharks in the ocean so I'll be damned if I get bitten by one. I'm aware that most people survive shark attacks but the thought of a Mack truck with teeth slamming into me while all I can think of is Quint gurgling up blood just doesn't appeal to me.
v1101011
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:40 pm

Postby whiskaz on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:19 am

v1101011 wrote:
Thronk wrote:Jaws (the original). Was nine when I first saw it, couldn't go in the water for years.


Jaws is the reason I absolutely refuse to go beyond ankle deep water at the beach and why I also have an irrational fear of deep water in swimming pools. The biggest difference between Jaws and most horror movies is that there are some big damn sharks in the ocean so I'll be damned if I get bitten by one. I'm aware that most people survive shark attacks but the thought of a Mack truck with teeth slamming into me while all I can think of is Quint gurgling up blood just doesn't appeal to me.


The whole psychology behind movies and what scares who and why is fascinating. My son is 8 and has been watching Jaws for a couple of years now. No fear of the ocean (or at least of getting bit by a shark), etc. He watched both that and the Shallows on our way to the Outer Banks this year and had no issues whatsoever going well into the water. My daughter is older and wants absolutely nothing to do with anything scary (she's never watched Jaws, etc). She's far more timid about getting in the water. My wife...forget about it. You won't get her passed ankle deep haha...
User avatar
whiskaz
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 1:15 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests