Westworld on HBO

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby cotis on Tue May 15, 2018 2:34 pm

not mine, so there might be errors.

but it may help some of ya that are lost in the timelines.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue May 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Possibly the best episode of the series. Fantastic acting by McPoyle... it's crazy how similar he begins to act to Ed Harris' character throughout the timelines. He picks up little tendencies that resemble him along the way.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby IWish on Tue May 15, 2018 4:22 pm

I rarely rewatch tv show episodes...usually one watch is enough. But, this show...I've found myself watching episodes twice. Good show...good start of this season, fer sure.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby jjbehren on Tue May 15, 2018 11:51 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote:Now that was a solid episode. Raj World reveal, and Shogun World coming up, good stuff.

Yup. That was a good one.

Getting more of a Lost vibe weekly, lol.

Are you saying that's a good thing? These new worlds feel like a storytelling crutch to me. This season has been a letdown so far. It's still fun, but it's lost its tone, IMO. This last episode was good, but still didn't feel like the same show as Season 1.

Also, I bet Ford is still alive. He's perfected this reincarnation/downloaded consciousness thing that Delos couldn't nail down. It might have even been a robot version of him that Delores shot. Just my prediction, based on nothing.
jjbehren
Flipper

Postby IWish on Wed May 16, 2018 12:52 am

jjbehren wrote:Are you saying that's a good thing? These new worlds feel like a storytelling crutch to me.

I'm glad they brought-in the other parks.

I actually thought that a similar show would be cool, but with a different spin. The spin I'd like to see is, instead of varying geographical locations...a show with alternate worlds. Such as, one world where neanderthals survived to live in the modern world. Or, something wild...like...the island of Atlantis was real and never destroyed. I can't think of anymore scenarios, off-hand. You get the idea...
IWish
Art Expert

Postby earlgreytoast on Sun May 20, 2018 10:04 pm

Oof.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby finneganm on Sun May 20, 2018 10:18 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Oof.

Falls off from last week, but last week was the best episode of television I’ve seen since The Leftovers finale.
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby Codeblue on Mon May 21, 2018 2:02 am

Yer obvs not watching enough television.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby fredo on Mon May 21, 2018 4:32 am

I feel like The Leftovers is a litmus test for at least two fundamentally different mentalities. Or personalities. Mental persons?
I dunno, Babs.
But I do know this - you're letting your uvula go to the dogs. Also The Leftovers got pretty wack and ep 4 here was wicked good.

Ps not so much, ep5. Pretty sloppy direction and I guess Maeve has Bluetooth now?
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby finneganm on Mon May 21, 2018 9:22 am

She’s Neo, her programming got jumbled with her counterpart from MatrixWorld.
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby jjbehren on Mon May 21, 2018 11:35 am

Man, that was a horseshit episode of television, given the high expectations I have for this show. I wish they would have just called it a series after Season 1. Even if they connect the timelines in some objectively "awesome" way, this season is an absolute miss when compared to what Season 1 was able to accomplish. This season is just a story. It almost feels numb. I can throw away these episodes like I can with TWD. Last season was complex and desperate with great character development, unique in that much of the development was robots discovering they are robots. That fudge's all played out now, for the most part. Sure, William/The Man in Black is now sympathizing with robots, and Delores is screwing Teddy and then taking him out, but they've figured out a way to make it so that I don't care.
jjbehren
Flipper

Postby cotis on Mon May 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Maeve tappin into those unsecure wifi networks like it's her damn job.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Mon May 21, 2018 4:05 pm

I've enjoyed the season so far. Like they say about movies/books - it's easier to build worlds than to create stories within them. S1 felt more like a slow reveal of the situation to me than a dynamic story. Kinda tantric compared to S2.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby earlgreytoast on Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Overall I’m loving S2, but with a show like this I think you need to reserve judgement until you see the entire arc. Last night was bad because it was lazy writing. Lee said Shogun was created for guests that wanted to take the next step beyond Westworkd, but we’re supposed to believe those guests, ostensibly the richest people going to Westworld, would be ok with almost exact replicas of characters they had already met who say the same lines? And that Delos would employ just one guy to write “300 stories in 3 weeks”? Hogwash. They leaned heavily on violence as the hook and I’d much rather they used good writing and storytelling to give me my fix. Crazy that maybe the best episode of the entire series was followed by easily the worst. Hoping for the best moving forward. How many epis is this season?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 pm

I found it to be bordering on campy.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV