Westworld on HBO

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby IWish on Sun May 13, 2018 8:32 pm

After the last episode, (which was very good), I'm looking forward to watching tonight.

HBO’s official synopsis of the episode is:

“Is this now? If you’re looking forward, you’re looking in the wrong direction.”
IWish
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Sun May 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Safe mode? SAFE MODE? drymount you microsoft...

Edit:I had figured WW had been renewed for multiple seasons, but just saw it only just now got picked up for a third...
Last edited by ToolFanFromWayBack on Sun May 13, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Darkknight37 on Sun May 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Another solid ep.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby earlgreytoast on Mon May 14, 2018 9:23 am

Best episode of the season for sure imo. I was actually a tiny bit ahead of the curve on this one...noticed William’s hair was more gray in the second meeting with Delos and put together what was happening before the reveal. Also immediately clicked that Emily was the girl from the previous episode when William described her to Delos, and knew their meeting would end the episode.

And huge props to the acting by Peter Mullan as Delos. :clap: Also glad to have Elsie back even though she not acta so good.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Mon May 14, 2018 10:58 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Best episode of the season for sure imo. I was actually a tiny bit ahead of the curve on this one...noticed William’s hair was more gray in the second meeting with Delos and put together what was happening before the reveal. Also immediately clicked that Emily was the girl from the previous episode when William described her to Delos, and knew their meeting would end the episode.

And huge props to the acting by Peter Mullan as Delos. :clap: Also glad to have Elsie back even though she not acta so good.

mentioned that to the lady, she said "no it's just a coincidence". :lol:
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Darkknight37 on Mon May 14, 2018 11:41 am

I'm guessing Ford's consciousness is in the little orb that Bernard grabbed?
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Tue May 15, 2018 7:43 am

Damn, that was definitely a return to form. What a well crafted episode. I'm really digging how they're handling the fluidity of time. And I liked how Elsie explained that sensation to Bernard. That his memories are just floating around. Also wondering if Bernard might be an evolution of what they tried with Delos, with his occasional "cognitive plateauing". Is his mind a copy of the original, rather than him being a host? And yeah, I'm thinking the same thing Tony, about that being Ford in that orb...

The William daughter reveal took me by surprise. I hadn't connected those dots yet. Oh and I love how Ford's sprinkled clues throughout the consciousnesses of the hosts for William to encounter on his journey (e.g. the little girl)
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby earlgreytoast on Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 am

mfaith wrote:fluidity

Big theme of the season and especially this last episode. Liquor and blood are ever-present but the nitroglycerin, cortical fluid, appearing seas, etc... really took it to the next level.

And yes, they definitely drew a parallel between Bernard and Delos with the twitching hand.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby peacedog on Tue May 15, 2018 11:32 am

Terrific episode, love the crisscrossing memories of Bernard. The man in black reasserts himself. And who doesn't like seeing a guy blow up with a belly full of nitro. And Delos being stuck in a circle, everything circles. The last time he steps off the exercise bike gave me a chill.

I've been thinking Ford is already cognitive, able to express himself at anytime throughout the host network. He is the park.

I'm going to be waiting for the host with the mutton chops (ep.3) to come riding back in to save the day at some point. He's been one of my favorite supporting characters.

Question: Why would Clementine drag Bernard to the cave? She's been reconditioned by Delores, I would think she's free of Ford's control.

Also, what's the deal with Stubb's, the security guy? He's got a side story going that is off the radar, not sure how all the indians and people vanished. It would seem to me we're dealing with another host coming to terms with it's existence vs. narrative.
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby earlgreytoast on Tue May 15, 2018 11:48 am

Muttonchops gets offed in the first episode of this season during the scene when the new head of operations guy is showing a woozy Bernard around and they are killing hosts in the background. Doesn’t necessarily mean he won’t come back but doubtful.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby matowest on Tue May 15, 2018 11:54 am

peacedog wrote:Question: Why would Clementine drag Bernard to the cave? She's been reconditioned by Delores, I would think she's free of Ford's control.

My read on this is that all of this -- the robot uprising, the "freedom" -- is all just another element in Ford's big storyline. It's the illusion of freedom to further whatever the ends turn out to be. So she would deliver him there because it's necessary to forward the storyline, regardless of her reconditioning. But, then again, I have no idea haha.
matowest
Art Expert

Postby pjsteelerfan on Tue May 15, 2018 11:56 am

matowest wrote:
peacedog wrote:Question: Why would Clementine drag Bernard to the cave? She's been reconditioned by Delores, I would think she's free of Ford's control.

My read on this is that all of this -- the robot uprising, the "freedom" -- is all just another element in Ford's big storyline. It's the illusion of freedom to further whatever the ends turn out to be. So she would deliver him there because it's necessary to forward the storyline, regardless of her reconditioning. But, then again, I have no idea haha.

Or despite their free will, Ford still has control over them. Almost God like.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Tue May 15, 2018 11:56 am

peacedog wrote:I've been thinking Ford is already cognitive, able to express himself at anytime throughout the host network. He is the park.

Yes. This crossed my mind, too.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby peacedog on Tue May 15, 2018 12:12 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Muttonchops gets offed in the first episode of this season during the scene when the new head of operations guy is showing a woozy Bernard around and they are killing hosts in the background. Doesn’t necessarily mean he won’t come back but doubtful.

Bernard just reprogrammed him to be valiant above all, didn't he? Is that in an earlier timeline?
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby earlgreytoast on Tue May 15, 2018 12:23 pm

I believe so because he yells Over my dead body! And jumps in front of a female host they are about to kill and then gets shot. So it is Valiant Muttonchops who gets shot. Which, incidentally, was the name of my high school band.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV