Westworld on HBO

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Codeblue on Mon May 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Meh. I'm waiting for Tokyo Disneyland World.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby cotis on Tue May 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Codeblue wrote:Meh. I'm waiting for Tokyo Disneyland World.

fug that, bring on Dismalworld.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Tue May 08, 2018 3:14 pm

I dug Ep. 2
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby IWish on Tue May 08, 2018 4:55 pm

Ep 3 = pretty good.

I need to pay more attention. I just learned that Arnold merged the 'Wyatt' personality with Dolores. Somehow I missed that. That sure explains my 'disconnect' w/her character.

Ep 3 Spoiler and a Question: What is the significance of Bernard's exclamation, "Oh, my god." and the 'One Time Use Key' that he saw on the computer?
IWish
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue May 08, 2018 5:28 pm

IWish wrote:Ep 3 = pretty good.

I need to pay more attention. I just learned that [s]Arnold[/s]FORD merged the 'Wyatt' personality with Dolores. Somehow I missed that. That sure explains my 'disconnect' w/her character.

Ep 3 Spoiler and a Question: What is the significance of Bernard's exclamation, "Oh, my god." and the 'One Time Use Key' that he saw on the computer?

my thought on Bernard is that his one-time use was to access himself, store all the info that Delos was trying to sneak out through Abernathy. now he is unable to be disposed of.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby bryndavies on Tue May 08, 2018 5:38 pm

These two new characters from India world are robots, right? The guy and gal?
bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

Postby earlgreytoast on Tue May 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Nope, humans. The man got shot and the woman escaped and was found by the ghost nation dudes.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby bryndavies on Tue May 08, 2018 6:21 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Nope, humans. The man got shot and the woman escaped and was found by the ghost nation dudes.

I was confused by that because when she shot the guy, it looked like the bullet bounced off his chest. Then I thought they ran off together.
bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

Postby earlgreytoast on Tue May 08, 2018 7:00 pm

bryndavies wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Nope, humans. The man got shot and the woman escaped and was found by the ghost nation dudes.

I was confused by that because when she shot the guy, it looked like the bullet bounced off his chest. Then I thought they ran off together.

Right, she was testing him to see if he was indeed human. She clearly only gets off on hooking up with other humans in the park. And she got clued in to something being wrong earlier than him because she said the guys who were dead in the tent were on the train with her on the way in.

That’s the thing about most humans who come into the park. There are exceptions of course but they are mostly super rich assholes.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 pm

Well, that's one way to get me to read your posts.

cotis wrote:[s]Arnold[/s] FORD

Thanks and...

my thought on Bernard is that his one-time use was to access himself, store all the info that Delos was trying to sneak out through Abernathy. now he is unable to be disposed of.

...thanks. Makes sense.

----------------------------------------------

Poor Bernard - that shaky hand - he's in need of some maintenance. :lol: I used to get the shaky hand when I was a noob...after scoring on an important print/drop. I'm singing the blues now... "the thrill is gone".
IWish
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue May 08, 2018 7:37 pm

bernard needs brain juice, stat.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby bryndavies on Tue May 08, 2018 7:37 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
bryndavies wrote:

Right, she was testing him to see if he was indeed human. She clearly only gets off on hooking up with other humans in the park. And she got clued in to something being wrong earlier than him because she said the guys who were dead in the tent were on the train with her on the way in.

That’s the thing about most humans who come into the park. There are exceptions of course but they are mostly super rich assholes.

drymountin A. I need to rewatch episode 3.
bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

Postby mike123230 on Tue May 08, 2018 8:41 pm

bryndavies wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:
bryndavies wrote:

drymountin A. I need to rewatch episode 3.

I was expecting that this was going to coincide with whatever happened to allow the guns to kill humans and she'd actually kill him on accident.
mike123230
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Tue May 08, 2018 8:46 pm

I enjoyed this episode. The first episode of the season left me feeling a bit cold, but last episode and this one have warmed me back up. Delores is coldblooded :shock:
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby cotis on Thu May 10, 2018 2:09 pm

can't help but think the Delos army were hosts. drymount it wouldn't surprise me if the only human person in this whole damn thing is Sizemore and the Delos chick.

also curious to see where the Prometheus-bot host creatures will be implemented. when you have something like that, my mind believes surely Delos will use them for more than just walking DNA samples back and forth from the labs.

another thing I was thinking, with all the "dead hosts" floating face down in the lake. the hosts's brains don't work on oxygen. so that's hundreds (thousands?) of hosts at your disposal once you re-activate them. whether it be Wyatt/Dolores or Maeve. :twisted:
cotis
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV