Westworld on HBO

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:38 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Think it was mentioned on the show that it's actually the hosts' skin - that their skin is weaker so the bullets would only hurt or bruise people but would pierce host skin.

With regards to the abandoned hosts showing up with guns though, the actual oversight facility seemed to be armed with plenty of guns that could hurt people, and assumedly they may have procured some on their way to the park. And Ford left Dolores that specific gun for a reason.

The gun was the one Arnold gave her to kill him, so it will harm humans.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby jkw3000 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:43 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Think it was mentioned on the show that it's actually the hosts' skin - that their skin is weaker so the bullets would only hurt or bruise people but would pierce host skin.

With regards to the abandoned hosts showing up with guns though, the actual oversight facility seemed to be armed with plenty of guns that could hurt people, and assumedly they may have procured some on their way to the park. And Ford left Dolores that specific gun for a reason.

The gun was the one Arnold gave her to kill him, so it will harm humans.

Yep. And Ford was well aware of that. One would've assumed it wasn't loaded after all this time (or at least would've been out of ammo after the first Wyatt slaughter), so...
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby mike123230 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:20 pm

cotis wrote:http://www.businessinsider.com/westworld-season-one-finale-ratings-records-for-hbo-2016-12

lol. no love for ed harris, apparently.
mike123230
Art Expert

Postby earlgreytoast on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:10 am

Excellent finale. Tied things up while leaving them loose...perfect. I'm fine with a long wait; I want to rewatch the whole season 1 anyway so it'll give me a good excuse to in winter 2017. :D

Hopkins is gonzo. His trail of tears was going to be discovered and this was an incredible way to go out. Pretty drymounted up that he scheduled a massacre after his suicide. Homie makes Hannibal Lecter seem respectable and sane.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:This thread is boring. I'm going to go jerk off.

http://artsy.bigcartel.com/

Postby pjsteelerfan on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:13 am

Hopefully when they say 2018 for season 2 it is more Januray/February than September/October
pjsteelerfan
Art Connoisseur

Postby noeldaddy on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:56 am

Was 2018 ever confirmed? I wouldn't be surprised if HBO puts a rush on things to get it ready in time for October Sweeps next year (is that even a thing anymore?)
noeldaddy
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby Darkknight37 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby Diabolos80 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:22 pm

noeldaddy wrote:Was 2018 ever confirmed? I wouldn't be surprised if HBO puts a rush on things to get it ready in time for October Sweeps next year (is that even a thing anymore?)

Confirmed by Nolan in an interview I read somewhere. He said something along the lines of, well movie sequels are usually two to three years apart, so we're ahead of the curve! Blargh.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:35 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Score is on Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/album/2poAUFGkHetMzM4xzLBVhY

love it.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Mapman on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Finally watched the finale. I think Ed will be back. He wasn't gonna just wait to get killed now that the park is the way he wanted it. And as for Sir Anthony, I think he's hiding away somewhere and he either put out a host version of himself to get shot. Or possibly he's got a host version hiding away to cause more problems.
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby bryndavies on Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:28 pm

bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

Postby RadRacing on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:55 pm

jkw3000 wrote:And McPoyle's not a surprise pick for a role, Jonathan Nolan had him as a guest character on Person of Interest, makes sense he tapped him again for a role here. TV's a weirdly small circle.

He also did well in a dramatic role in House of Cards. Took a minute to not see McPoyle, but he can hold his own IMO.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:08 pm

cotis
Art Expert

Postby duckyhoward on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:46 am

duckyhoward
Art Expert

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
Image T.K.C.

Postby shannk47 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:16 am

i know im behind, but i just watched the whole first season over the last 5 or 6 days.

simply amazing. Armistice may have been my favorite host. i'll have to rewatch the season to pick up on things im sure i've missed.

-why would Ford have Bernard (potentially) kill Elsie? wasn't she helping Bernard to stop their data from being taken out of the park? (which is what theresa and charlotte were trying to do)
-was the scene where delores kills bernard simply bernard going mad because of his ability to remember past experiences?
-is the generally accepted theory that Ford's (actual) new storyline was to recode Delores, Maive, Bernard, etc to take over the park?
-maybe i missed what Billy said to Logan before sending him on the horse at the end, but did he end up taking control of Logan's family's company and bought majority of WestWorld?

ton of other questions that will probably be answered by simply rewatching the season
shannk47
Art Connoisseur

Eat. Pray. Queef.

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV