Westworld on HBO

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Darkknight37 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:23 am

Codeblue wrote:
Codeblue wrote:The real question is how long is Hopkins signed on. I can't imagine him going on past this season or the next at most.

Called that fudge. With the best actor in the series gone, hopefully Harris can carry it in the next one.

Hot take, Jeffrey Wright is the best actor in the series.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby dskdaniel on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:25 am

It's not like there isn't a canyon sized door open for Hopkins to come back. I don't see why he wouldn't want to. He just does shitty movies these days (and the occasional okay Marvel movie). This fudge may get him an Emmy.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:35 am

Darkknight37 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
Codeblue wrote:The real question is how long is Hopkins signed on. I can't imagine him going on past this season or the next at most.

Called that fudge. With the best actor in the series gone, hopefully Harris can carry it in the next one.

Hot take, Jeffrey Wright is the best actor in the series.

He's good, but I'm still getting over his annoying character from Boardwalk Empire.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby tourist504 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:55 am

The multiple themed worlds was a bigger part of the original movie. Glad to see they at least touched on that.

And how 'bout dat Radiohead?
tourist504
Art Expert

maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.

BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.

jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.

Imagex5

Postby cotis on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:16 am

cotis
Art Expert

Postby anonymouse on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:27 pm

tourist504 wrote:And how 'bout dat Radiohead?

:notworthy:
anonymouse
Art Connoisseur

Postby simianfever on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:42 pm

dskdaniel wrote:It's not like there isn't a canyon sized door open for Hopkins to come back. I don't see why he wouldn't want to. He just does shitty movies these days (and the occasional okay Marvel movie). This fudge may get him an Emmy.

As much as Hopkins killed it on this show, I'm actually now hoping he doesn't come back. It would feel a little forced. The finale was solid and Ford basically unleashing his creations on the world with a healthy distaste and distrust for humans was a solid arc that doesn't need him to continue. Even Harris' character basically got what he wanted and if he died smiling in the massacre that would be fine as well.
simianfever
Art Expert

Imagex4

Postby jjttdw on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:16 pm

simianfever wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:It's not like there isn't a canyon sized door open for Hopkins to come back. I don't see why he wouldn't want to. He just does shitty movies these days (and the occasional okay Marvel movie). This fudge may get him an Emmy.

As much as Hopkins killed it on this show, I'm actually now hoping he doesn't come back. It would feel a little forced. The finale was solid and Ford basically unleashing his creations on the world with a healthy distaste and distrust for humans was a solid arc that doesn't need him to continue. Even Harris' character basically got what he wanted and if he died smiling in the massacre that would be fine as well.

I disagree. What is a puppet show without a puppetmaster. I think without Ford or MIB there is nothing to tie the story together. Bernard isn't sinister enough.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby Codeblue on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:25 pm

True dat. It's not like the old fart has anything better to do. This show is breaking records set by GOT.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby simianfever on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:29 pm

Harris (William) could continue as someone that grounds season two to the first season and it would work (though I dont think necessary, I like him getting his wish after years of searching through the park, that smile was on point), but Ford basically groomed his puppets to walk on their own and cut the strings, no need for him aside for the fact that Hopkins is awesome.
simianfever
Art Expert

Imagex4

Postby jkw3000 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Eh, I think there's a difference between Hopkins coming back in flashback form (as in, he looms large over it all) vs still being alive. I'm opting for the former.

Harris though, there's still some arc left in him - either in hosts getting retribution on him or him getting redemption. Don't care either way but think there's more to be done with ol' Billy.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Its going to take a while for all the hosts to become sentient. Plus, I am assuming there are still hundreds, if not thousands of people still in the park that they need to deal with. I can see the second season being the hosts journey to consciousness and fighting a rag tag band of humans still living in the park. Third season the hosts build Skynet and I think you know the rest of that story.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby dskdaniel on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:58 pm

It's all well and good that hosts can go around firing guns at guests now, but aren't they smart bullets, programmed to not hurt the guests? I guess their code was rewritten too?
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Postby squalie on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:59 pm

dskdaniel wrote:It's all well and good that hosts can go around firing guns at guests now, but aren't they smart bullets, programmed to not hurt the guests? I guess their code was rewritten too?

Good point.
squalie
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Think it was mentioned on the show that it's actually the hosts' skin - that their skin is weaker so the bullets would only hurt or bruise people but would pierce host skin.

With regards to the abandoned hosts showing up with guns though, the actual oversight facility seemed to be armed with plenty of guns that could hurt people, and assumedly they may have procured some on their way to the park. And Ford left Dolores that specific gun for a reason.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV