Westworld on HBO

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby fredo on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:28 am

- Shitshowy-est finale since Sherlock and every half season of TWalkingD

- Felt like James Caan wrote it between hobblings.

- I hope S3 consists entirely of the hosts being stalked in iHeaven by a T-Rex.

- Bernard's character? Sucks. Badly. You know it and I know it. He is the worst most useless bag of confused ever written. I couldn't be less excited at the prospect of him and Dolores duking it out in S3 over whateverthefuck that speech she gave at the end was supposed to mean

- Still don't care about droid feelings

- S3 = that's a negatory good buddy
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby mfaith on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:37 am

Pfft crazy
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby cotis on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:41 am

been waiting for this to end up as a prequel to Blazing Saddles, where BS is just set in the park.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:13 pm

Actually didn't hate the Ep- it just wasn't coherent and the notion of a blurry-sweet afterlife makes me ill generally. Also Bernard sucks.

ps I did think "somebody's gonna have to go back and get a SHITload of dimes!" as they passed into Jurassic Heaven.
fredo
Art God

Postby Codeblue on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:26 pm

You'll def be back for next season. Who are ya kiddin. fudge ain't nearly as tardy as Walking Dead (which I quit cold turkey before last season started), yet.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby mfaith on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Codeblue wrote:Walking Dead (which I quit cold turkey before last season started)

mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby Codeblue on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Luls. #truestory
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby finneganm on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Same here. Not enough time to waste on fudge like that.

<looks at post count, notices irony, stands by statement >
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby fredo on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:43 pm

Codeblue wrote:You'll def be back for next season. Who are ya kiddin. fudge ain't nearly as tardy as Walking Dead (which I quit cold turkey before last season started), yet.

If it gets some interesting reviews maybe. But as of now I got exactly zero interest in seeing how droids do in RealWorld, much less with this contrived (overtly contrived - they told it to our faces! ) rivalry between D'lores and #bernardwhosucks going on. And if they start resurrecting the dead...well there's your TWD right there, pardner.

And I'd like to state that the foundational logic of most of the show - that humans don't/can't change because they can't delete the bad code- is straight false.

Also what's with bringing people back? Wasn't the entire droid mantra that "it only matters if you can die IRL"?

Also the writers cut n' pasted and/or unfolded their way through about every obstacle in the storyline.
Dolores is dead!?!?!? No she isn't!
Maeve has superpowers!?!?!? Not at the mo'!
Ford is or isn't dead!?!?!? Kinda! Also #suckybernard remembered him after deleting him in BetaWorld or whatever!
Droids are like humans?!?? Nope, they can fix themselves whenever they want! Except when they can't!!

Which may all be internally consistent, but at that level of complexity who gives a fudge? It's just a game of trying to keep up.

Also anything that happens post-credits doesn't count in fredOworld
fredo
Art God

Postby IWish on Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:02 am

The finale was okay. It certainly left a lot of things open for speculation. I believe they have a contract for five seasons, so that's probably why there weren't answers to so many questions. It's somewhat hard to follow with the multiple timelines and now we have hosts in other host bodies. Yeesh.

It's gonna' be a long while for S3. I heard it will be 2+ years wait.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby simianfever on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:03 am

I'm definitely in the meh camp on this season. It was not as consistently interesting or smart as I found the first season (which I didnt think needed any continuation). A few episodes and ideas hit on that level for me, but it seemed a bit contrived at times, or just introducing new levels and functionality to explain ish. Anyways... I quit the TWD halfway through the third season. :pint:
simianfever
Art Expert

Postby bethemonkey on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:26 am

Also why include real Nitro Glycerin into the park, seems really dangerous for the real humans.
Deloris is also an old model (until the end) you think she would be way behind the others, as well as break down since she is more robotic.

Just my two cents.
bethemonkey
Art Expert

http://www.legendaryframes.com

I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.

Postby iambillyg on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:39 am

- Why did they show Teddy dead in the water in S2E1? While the mesa flooded (somehow?) Teddy suicided way far away from that.

- How did Akecheta's wife end up in the Valley? She was in cold storage and didn't run through "the door"? Seems more like the writers just wanted a nice scene.

- Dolores stole 5 "pearls" during her escape. They were: Bernard and... who? Probably her dad, but not Teddy because he's in the Valley. Who is in Hale now?

- Dolores's plan is to..what? Are we supposed to be rooting for her?

- Dolores brings back Bernard (Arnold?) even though they are enemies...because?

- The Valley only opened for Westworld? So the other hosts in Shogun World, Raj World, and the other 3 worlds we haven't seen are just drymounted?

- The Forge is dead and gone, but hybrid-MIB is running his fidelity test there for...who? Emily is a hybrid, but who made her? Why is the test still running with him? Who is in control?

- Why don't bullets hurt Dolores at all? She had already been shot twice, then MIB shoots her like 3 more times. If the answer is, "She's the oldest host in the park" drymount you.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Postby Darkknight37 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:53 am

I'm not quite sure if one of the orbs was Bernard, it was my understanding that she could rebuild him entirely from memory. So when she killed him, she essentially started over again from scratch and built a new one.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby SPAC04 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:11 pm

thought season two was mostly stupid, lazy writing.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Cinema/TV