Westworld on HBO

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby jkw3000 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:46 am

-why would Ford have Bernard (potentially) kill Elsie? wasn't she helping Bernard to stop their data from being taken out of the park? (which is what theresa and charlotte were trying to do)

Don't think she's killed yet, and think she was taking her out primarily because Ford had some sort of inkling as to what was happening with the data transfers and didn't want a wrench thrown into his plans, even if that monkey wrench was to stop the espionage.

-was the scene where delores kills bernard simply bernard going mad because of his ability to remember past experiences?

She didn't kill Bernard, she killed Arnold, and only at his behest as he thought the massacre would only stop the park's opening if a real person died as well.

-is the generally accepted theory that Ford's (actual) new storyline was to recode Delores, Maive, Bernard, etc to take over the park?

Sort of? He has a "storyline" to present to the board (as seen with all the guests at the end) but yeah, his end game was finishing the Reverie programming that Arnold started and which would've given the hosts sentiency.

-maybe i missed what Billy said to Logan before sending him on the horse at the end, but did he end up taking control of Logan's family's company and bought majority of WestWorld?

Yep. It was vague how he wrested control out of Logan's hands, but assumedly sending him off naked on a horse played a factor - either in proving Logan to be unstable or possibly even killing him.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby Solar on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:57 am

shannk47 wrote:i know im behind, but i just watched the whole first season over the last 5 or 6 days.

simply amazing. Armistice may have been my favorite host. i'll have to rewatch the season to pick up on things im sure i've missed.

-why would Ford have Bernard (potentially) kill Elsie? wasn't she helping Bernard to stop their data from being taken out of the park? (which is what theresa and charlotte were trying to do)
-was the scene where delores kills bernard simply bernard going mad because of his ability to remember past experiences?
-is the generally accepted theory that Ford's (actual) new storyline was to recode Delores, Maive, Bernard, etc to take over the park?
-maybe i missed what Billy said to Logan before sending him on the horse at the end, but did he end up taking control of Logan's family's company and bought majority of WestWorld?

ton of other questions that will probably be answered by simply rewatching the season

1) Don't know. Pretty sure Elsie is alive.
2) Delores didn't kill Bernard in the past, she killed Arnold. Bernard is an android recreation of Arnold.
3) Ford set everything in motion
4) Yeah, young William aged into Man in Black William who is on the board of Delos, the company that owns the majority of Westworld

Edit: Too slow
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Postby shannk47 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:00 am

jkw3000 wrote:

Don't think she's killed yet, and think she was taking her out primarily because Ford had some sort of inkling as to what was happening with the data transfers and didn't want a wrench thrown into his plans, even if that monkey wrench was to stop the espionage.

She didn't kill Bernard, she killed Arnold, and only at his behest as he thought the massacre would only stop the park's opening if a real person died as well.

Sort of? He has a "storyline" to present to the board (as seen with all the guests at the end) but yeah, his end game was finishing the Reverie programming that Arnold started and which would've given the hosts sentiency.

Yep. It was vague how he wrested control out of Logan's hands, but assumedly sending him off naked on a horse played a factor - either in proving Logan to be unstable or possibly even killing him.

thanks for your responses. here comes my dumb question, so Bernard was created in Arnold's image completely? i believe in a flashback he was teaching bernard how to wear his glasses like Arnold. so then, current employees must not have known Arnold. and Bernard was programmed to continue Arnold's Reverie programming? since once or twice the show said codes had been altered by Arnold
shannk47
Art Connoisseur

Eat. Pray. Queef.

Postby jkw3000 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:03 am

Yeah, Bernard's in Arnold's image. Think the show hasn't quite addressed how nobody's noticed they look the same, however the (1) secretive nature of the hosts being made back in the early stages and (2) the show taking place decades after that incident are worth noting. I think there's an explanation that's at least decent, but may not get that until the next season.

And I don't think it was Bernard, it was Ford all along. Bernard (and everybody else who stumbled on the code) thinks it was Arnold, but the reveal showed that it was Ford just hiding his tracks after coming around to his old friend's way of thinking with regard to the hosts.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby mattkardish on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:13 am

You think the androids dream of electric sheep? I marathoned the season last weekend and think it's one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Helped to understand all that was going on due to being back to back. Just surprised that Blade Runner's influence has only been mentioned like once in this thread.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby inkedup on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:08 am

This show was a decent watch but honestly I had higher expectations after reading all the hype.
inkedup
Art Expert

Postby hunterjax on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:05 pm

mattkardish wrote:You think the androids dream of electric sheep? I marathoned the season last weekend and think it's one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Helped to understand all that was going on due to being back to back. Just surprised that Blade Runner's influence has only been mentioned like once in this thread.

I need to do this - watch it all in a short time frame, think I will pick up a lot more connections.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:20 pm

jkw3000 wrote:

I wonder if the horse had the explosive vertebrae...
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby duckyhoward on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:22 pm

duckyhoward
Art Expert

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.

Postby duckyhoward on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:39 pm

duckyhoward
Art Expert

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.

Previous

Return to Cinema/TV