Stranger Things - Netflix

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Philpenn on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:06 pm

Did it in 3 servings of 3. Liked it a lot, probably more than the first season.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby bryndavies on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:11 pm

Good to hear. I'm only two episodes in. Been hard to find a good stretch and blast a few episodes out. Kinda forgot how season 1 ended specially as well. Anyhow, digging that vintage vibe once again. Rudy got fat.
bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

Postby fredo on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Is WyRyde in S2? If so, iis she...is she cray?
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby jkw3000 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:19 pm

Finished it, not as cohesive as the first season but still pretty strong, entertaining television. Past the early episodes and all the "it's the 80s!" stuff it's pretty solid.

fredo wrote:Is WyRyde in S2? If so, iis she...is she cray?

Not nearly as much, since at this point anything she's freaking out over is legitimized by the stakes.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby earlgreytoast on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:26 pm

Are we staying spoiler free up in hur? 3 episodes in and digging it for the most part. Can’t stand Samwise, but I think you’re supposed to not be able to stand him . :lol:
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:This thread is boring. I'm going to go jerk off.

http://artsy.bigcartel.com/

Postby mobius006 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Really enjoyed a lot of the character development this season.
mobius006
Art Freak

Liberal Democratic - Print Conservative: Pro Government Regulations, Anti Reprints and Timed Editions.

Postby BB8 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Finished the Season.

I just don't personally get it. While entertaining at times, the show is not much more than a contrived monster flick. E.T. meets Silent Hill. Really thought we'd dig a little deeper this season and start to learn more about why we should care, but we basically got the same thing we got the first season. The show seems to be built on the cool music and this appeal that we're getting all this nostalgia from the 80's... okay cool... but that wears thin quick. I really felt like it was time for the audience to learn WTF the Upside Down actually is. Or, at the very least, what connection it has to the fact that there are basically X-men out there now because of that lab. --- BTW - the introduction of that other punk kid crew really brought the season down a few notches for me. Totally unnecessary.

Billy's character is the definition of a pointless character.

Glad to see Winona Ryder's character a lot stronger this season.

Jonathan Sucks. Team Steve all the way.

AND SPOILER ALERT:
Really wish they would have came up with something a little better for an ending than Jane coming in at the 11th our and just closing a drymounting hole up. WTF was that lazy horseshit?
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Postby mobius006 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Spoliers
Punk crew is interesting to me. Think it really shows the people around you help define who you are. You see the difference in 11 vs 8.

You can break anything down to this + that. For me what really makes the show is how well defines the kids are and seeing them all grow. Its what makes the Goonies work so well. Then you ad on just how drymounting spot on the show gets how things were in the 80's plus the rose color glasses of nostalgia.

Going into season 2, my question was how long do they keep 11 trapped in upside down. Because once she's around, the game changes since she had more control at the end of season 1. They did it by changing who kept her 'trapped'. really surprised the path they went down.

The Alien to Aliens way of the show is my only real issue, but they don't make that twist for hours, which is nice.

mobius006
Art Freak

Liberal Democratic - Print Conservative: Pro Government Regulations, Anti Reprints and Timed Editions.

Postby SPAC04 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Really enjoyed it, watched in one sitting. Great Score, acting was spectacular all around. Liked the Cthulhu beast idea. Bravo Netflix :clap:

I'd imagine that was the final season, unless Eleven and company spin off to git Modine

Had a lot of debate with some folks about the influence of Akira (which I believe to be undeniable) on ST for some reason...prob latent racism.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby afrosteeziac on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:49 pm

SPAC04 wrote:Really enjoyed it, watched in one sitting. Great Score, acting was spectacular all around. Liked the Cthulhu beast idea. Bravo Netflix :clap:

I'd imagine that was the final season, unless Eleven and company spin off to git Modine

Had a lot of debate with some folks about the influence of Akira (which I believe to be undeniable) on ST for some reason...prob latent racism.

Hah, I'd like to know about this debate, sounds like an interesting conversation because it seem like much of a debate to me. I can see the connection pretty easily.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby BB8 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:58 pm

The Superpower is similar to Akira but Akira is something way different. The use of Telekinetic powers is not that original.

The creators have credited the video games Dark Souls and Silent Hill as their major influences.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Postby ToonKiller on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:16 am

I thought for sure Bob was a spy for the scientists sent to watch Will.

80's nostalgia with the attention to detail like this never wears thin. Love how they went from Dungeons and Dragons to Dragons Lair. Total flashback to the crowd around that machine when it first hit the arcade. :ziggi:

More please!
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Postby SPAC04 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:52 am

ToonKiller wrote:I thought for sure Bob was a spy for the scientists sent to watch Will.

I thought that was his deal for the first 6 episodes, esp with his whole "turn and face it" bit of advice.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby Philpenn on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:37 am

BB8 wrote:Billy's character is the definition of a pointless character.

Was this Max's brother? If so, other than to remind us people were less accepting three decades ago, I concur.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby BB8 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:06 am

BB8
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV