Stranger Things - Netflix

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby wonkabars7 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:08 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:duffer bros said they want to explore a 2nd season. everyone is just waiting on netflix to announce

Considering its pulling higher numbers/views than House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, etc and is generating GOT level buzz on data compiling websites...yes, seems like a no brainer.

Question isn't if they renew its how soon they can get the next 5-8 seasons fast-tracked, especially before the kids all grow up and turn into the next generation adult Macaulay Culkins.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Postby Prisco077 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:02 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
GiantBoyDective wrote:duffer bros said they want to explore a 2nd season. everyone is just waiting on netflix to announce

Considering its pulling higher numbers/views than House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, etc and is generating GOT level buzz on data compiling websites...yes, seems like a no brainer.

Question isn't if they renew its how soon they can get the next 5-8 seasons fast-tracked, especially before the kids all grow up and turn into the next generation adult Macaulay Culkins.

Not sure how they're going to pull it off. I read somewhere that they envision the series to move along like Harry Potter, with the cast being one year older each season.
Prisco077
Art Connoisseur

Postby Codeblue on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:00 am

I'd rather see a new cast/story each season.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby Bikejoh on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:06 am

Only characters I gave a fudge about were Hopper and El tbh
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Postby willg on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:41 am

Codeblue wrote:I'd rather see a new cast/story each season.

My thoughts also.
willg
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:56 am

RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby LeeKaye on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:08 am

It was great. Semi-predictable, and yes we've seen it all before. But, if it's good enough, then it really doesn't matter.

Just hope they don't balls up Series 2. Seen it far too many times. Where a 1 series run is still spoken about with reverence as opposed those that carry on and become 'meh, was OK to begin, turned to fudge though'.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Postby finneganm on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:11 am

Agreed, but would love to see intertwined story lines. Perhaps in Stephen King fashion, brief mention of a character or incident, Modine is always somehow the bad guy, etc.
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby fredo on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:50 am

No worries- netflix is crowdsourcing it. You won't ever have to watch something original/un-pre-vetted again.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby rubberneck on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:05 am

finneganm wrote:

Agreed, but would love to see intertwined story lines. Perhaps in Stephen King fashion, brief mention of a character or incident, Modine is always somehow the bad guy, etc.

Agreed
rubberneck
Art God

Postby matowest on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:18 am

LeeKaye wrote:Just hope they don't balls up Series 2. Seen it far too many times. Where a 1 series run is still spoken about with reverence as opposed those that carry on and become 'meh, was OK to begin, turned to fudge though'.

Sophomore seasons are notoriously difficult. A delicate balance of giving people more of what they loved the first time without being perceived as "stale" or "rehashing," as well as allowing the writers/showrunners to flex their creative abilities once again, all while making plans to carry the show on for a few more years. Tricky business. Especially in this genre.
matowest
Art Expert

Postby wottagunn on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:31 am

Finished it tonight. Great show all round but certainly not the best. Still better than most fudge out there.
Eleven was fantastic.

Did I miss something in the final ep... She killed the monster, but what happened to the "world" and gate/portal? Did they go too?
Felt like they rushed the last episode. Couldn't believe there was only the 1 ep left after episode seven at the time.

Also Curb is the greatest show of all time. Settled.
wottagunn
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby willg on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:55 pm

finneganm wrote:

Guess they could do it like Fargo and go back a few decades and explore the origins of the lab.
willg
Art Expert

Postby LeeKaye on Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:56 am

I only just found out Eleven is English.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Postby scobro13 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:54 pm

scobro13
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV