Best/Worst Movies of 2016

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby lilorphanFunkhouser on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:00 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Here's the first part of my post-Fantastic Fest coverage. Short reviews for The Handmaiden, Arrival, The High Frontier, and Popoz. Follow @saltywinters on twitter for a chance to win a one-sheet from the documentary. 24x36: A Movie About Movie Posters.

http://www.nerdlocker.com/movies/ff-201 ... cap-part-1

Is this documentary streaming/available for purchase anywhere?
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

ImageアキラImageImageImageImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.

Postby RadRacing on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:34 pm

Watched 'The Wailing' a couple of nights ago. I normally enjoy South Korean films. Funny enough, in this instance all the actual 'wailing' and crying the main character did annoyed the fudge out of me lol. 2.5/5
RadRacing
Art Expert

Postby Bikejoh on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:11 pm

That movie was great, puke scene looked so real... how?!
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Postby RadRacing on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:39 am

The Handmaiden was killer! I know it's been mentioned several times in this thread. But damn, that was great.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Postby fallstaff on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:35 pm

Finally watched and enjoyed Arrival (2016). A couple of observations: the alien species highlighted the fact that our language constrains and circumscribes our way of thought. Their advanced conception of physics, Time in particular, derives from their innate language which provides a way of understanding reality.

By happenstance I encountered a similar argument in Eric Kandel’s Reductionism In Art and Brain Science. As a neuroscientist he delves into the biological underpinnings of aesthetic experience with an emphasis on abstract art - a visual language he argues that demands a greater challenge to the viewer’s eye and mind and deforms our normal habits of perception. Hence Abstraction can provoke a new way of understanding reality.
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Previous

Return to Cinema/TV