Comedy/Comics/Comedians Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:16 am

Louis CK last night was great!! Super happy I was able to lock down the mother in law with babysitting duties and head up there to see it
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby wottagunn on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Anybody want to do me a solid here?
I have an offer to make. If somebody could please purchase David Cross’ new special (https://officialdavidcross.com/collections/america-great/products/america-great-cd) on CD, id throw in half of that cost for the instant mp3 download. I’m just not interested in the shipping just for a CD.

If you haven’t heard his material you are missing out. Very funny comic. PM me if you’re keen or want to discuss details!

edit: sorted, thanks!
wottagunn
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby SPAC04 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:53 am

jools wrote:just watched Call Me Lucky...wow. What a truly truly incredible man Crimmins is :notworthy:

Barry Crimmins and Kurt Metzger are preforming at a bar where local open mic is hosted, should be awesome
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:53 pm

It took me until two weeks ago to learn about Bert Kreischer's the Machine
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby schmoff on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:41 pm

got tix today for the
Here Comes The Funny Tour
Adam Sandler
David Spade
Nick Swardson
Rob Schneider
& others
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Finally finding this thread. Love standup, but I don't get to see it live all that often.
Really enjoyed Neil Brennan's new Netflix special. Enjoyed Jen Kirkman's newest special quite a bit as well.
Got to see Bill Burr and Tig Notaro last year. Girlfriend bought me Birbiglia tickets for Valentine's Day.
Would love to see Patton, Kinane, Bamford, or David Cross one of these days, and it looks like Donald Glover will be too busy to return to standup any time soon.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby RadRacing on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:30 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:Would love to see Patton, Kinane, Bamford, or David Cross one of these days, and it looks like Donald Glover will be too busy to return to standup any time soon.

I had the pleasure of seeing Maria Bamford in Toronto this past September. Good times! Pretty 'off the wall' as expected. She warned the crowd at the start of the show that some of the audience would hate it, especially if they weren't familiar with her work. Couple of super douches sitting in front of me left halfway through. But I dug it.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Postby artberry on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:42 pm

picked up some cheap tix for gaffigan in april. always a good time.
artberry
Art Connoisseur

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:14 pm

RadRacing wrote:
bmerwinsuwc wrote:Would love to see Patton, Kinane, Bamford, or David Cross one of these days, and it looks like Donald Glover will be too busy to return to standup any time soon.

I had the pleasure of seeing Maria Bamford in Toronto this past September. Good times! Pretty 'off the wall' as expected. She warned the crowd at the start of the show that some of the audience would hate it, especially if they weren't familiar with her work. Couple of super douches sitting in front of me left halfway through. But I dug it.

I know Maria Bamford is weird, but that's why I love her so much… even when certain bits don't quite land, she's unique. I also loved part of "Lady Dynamite," even when the show's flaws were on full display. Hoping for a second season.
I don't think comedians should try to appeal to everyone, lest we get Jeff Dunham and Dane Cook.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby RadRacing on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:22 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:I know Maria Bamford is weird, but that's why I love her so much… even when certain bits don't quite land, she's unique. I also loved part of "Lady Dynamite," even when the show's flaws were on full display. Hoping for a second season.
I don't think comedians should try to appeal to everyone, lest we get Jeff Dunham and Dane Cook.

100%. I love the weirdness too. She puts herself out there. The people who left the show clearly had no idea who they were seeing, someone must have gifted them the tickets. They were on their phones 5 minutes into the show.

And yes, would love to see a 2nd season of Lady Dynamite. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Bruce Ben-Bacharach allll day ! :D
RadRacing
Art Expert

Postby soam24 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:23 pm

schmoff wrote:got tix today for the
Here Comes The Funny Tour
Adam Sandler
David Spade
Nick Swardson
Rob Schneider
& others

Saw spade a month back here in Denver trying out material. Some great, some ok, but I like all comedians so he had my attention and overall liked it.

That lineup that you posted though is sure to be a great time. Nick Swardson is phenomenal.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby willair on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:46 pm

willair
Art Connoisseur

Postby john38103 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Jerrod Carmichael's special 8 is spectacular.
john38103
Art Expert

Postby beetlejuice on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:41 pm

anyone else really underwhelmed by the Chappelle specials on netflix? The texas one felt pretty lazy. I enjoyed moments of the Hollywood one but still wanted to like it to more. It at least felt like a real thought out special unlike the texas one.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Go ahead, make my millennium.

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:45 pm

beetlejuice wrote:anyone else really underwhelmed by the Chappelle specials on netflix? The texas one felt pretty lazy. I enjoyed moments of the Hollywood one but still wanted to like it to more. It at least felt like a real thought out special unlike the texas one.

I thought both were fire. Texas I liked a little better.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV