Comedy/Comics/Comedians Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby jools on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:56 pm

y'all been watching Horace and Pete? lovin it so far, so many strong performances.

As for the whole schumer theft thing i am soooo far from actually giving a flyingfuck :lol: i've never liked her stand-up and don't watch her show(although i love Metzger/Dunnigan/Nanglish so feel like i'd probably enjoy some of it...but cant abide the ole cabbagepatchcunt so shall move on regardless) - i dont buy into the whole thing about her stealing Patrice's Montreal stuff, i mean, that wasn't even Patrice's material in the first place. The one thing about the joketheft stuff is that it conveniently meant her cnuty reaction to that kid movie reviewer's tweet was swept under the carpet, and she really did deserve to get hauled over the coals for that one. (cliffs: http://news.yahoo.com/amy-schumer-shames-17-year-old-critic-who-tweeted-102311940.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw)
Interested to see if Racewars ever manage to get Russell Peters on to defend his thefts from Gina Yashere

Weird that Burr didnt make the Patrice benefit eh? I mean after he had Ant banned :roll: (j/k obvs)

Hadn't listened to Bertcast for ages and i have to say the LJ Gomez and Jessimae Peluso eps were great - also jessi's podcast with Stanhope was awesome
jools
Art Expert

"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/posters/151641-fro-design-saul-bass-inspired-star-wars-poster.html

Postby beetlejuice on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:53 pm

wottagunn wrote:david cross just announced a bunch of shows across America for 2016. It's been 6 years since he last did stand up.
For anyone near any of the venues he's showing, I highly recommend going along. great comic

Got tickets to a show. Can't wait. Love his stuff.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Go ahead, make my millennium.

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:43 pm

jools wrote:y'all been watching Horace and Pete? lovin it so far, so many strong performances.

As for the whole schumer theft thing i am soooo far from actually giving a flyingfuck :lol: i've never liked her stand-up and don't watch her show(although i love Metzger/Dunnigan/Nanglish so feel like i'd probably enjoy some of it...but cant abide the ole cabbagepatchcunt so shall move on regardless) - i dont buy into the whole thing about her stealing Patrice's Montreal stuff, i mean, that wasn't even Patrice's material in the first place. The one thing about the joketheft stuff is that it conveniently meant her cnuty reaction to that kid movie reviewer's tweet was swept under the carpet, and she really did deserve to get hauled over the coals for that one. (cliffs: http://news.yahoo.com/amy-schumer-shames-17-year-old-critic-who-tweeted-102311940.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw)
Interested to see if Racewars ever manage to get Russell Peters on to defend his thefts from Gina Yashere

Weird that Burr didnt make the Patrice benefit eh? I mean after he had Ant banned :roll: (j/k obvs)

Hadn't listened to Bertcast for ages and i have to say the LJ Gomez and Jessimae Peluso eps were great - also jessi's podcast with Stanhope was awesome

I don't know what's sarcasm and what's not here (although knowing Jools much probably is :wink: ) but I think Bill Burr said on his podcast he got screwed over on his flights and wouldn't have made it in time for the patrice thing.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby jools on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:12 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
jools wrote:y'all been watching Horace and Pete? lovin it so far, so many strong performances.

I don't know what's sarcasm and what's not here (although knowing Jools much probably is :wink: ) but I think Bill Burr said on his podcast he got screwed over on his flights and wouldn't have made it in time for the patrice thing.

yay someone can read my sarcastic font (although the roll eyes and j/k part shoulda made it obvious)
it was a reference to all the basement dwelling Cumia fans who were trying to start shite about Ant's non-invitation to the benefit.
jools
Art Expert

http://www.gigposters.com/forums/posters/151641-fro-design-saul-bass-inspired-star-wars-poster.html

Postby willair on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:16 am

Bertcast with LJG was hilarious. Loved when the gardener came in, they should give that dude his own podcast. Bert's laugh cracks me up.
willair
Art Connoisseur

Postby jools on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:22 am

totally, he was hilarious scammin Bert outta 60 bucks on air - LJG is growin on me, the Skanks ep with Hinchliffe had me in stitches :lol:
watched Segura's Mostly Stories last night, thought it was great.
You goin to Big Jay's special taping will?
jools
Art Expert

Postby willair on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:35 am

Not going to be able to make it unfortunately.

speaking of Anthony, he had a pretty great interview with Neil deGrasse Tyson on Thursday:

willair
Art Connoisseur

Postby jools on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:45 am

aw bummer, cant wait to see how Jay's thing turns out
did you see jimmy's animated short? not very good imo, he just so desperate it's cringeworthy now - would be better if he just got c0kel0gic to do more animations of bits
i didnt get the chance to see the "The Alliance of Really Really Good People" and now it shows as private on youtube :?
jools
Art Expert

Postby willair on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:47 am

to address some of your other points jools,

I generally agree with you on Schumer about the Patrice jokes, but it's at the very least unfortunate for her that she picked two jokes with essentially the exact same concepts as the one's Patrice picked

my guess is no Russell Peters/Gina Yashere battle on Race Wars, but we can hope.

not to defend Ant too much, but it was an un-invitation not a non-invitation. Not that maybe he shoulda just taken the hit and not stirred up the fans (HA)

Loved mostly stories, also Hannibal Burress's new special is great too.
willair
Art Connoisseur

Postby willair on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:51 am

jools wrote:aw bummer, cant wait to see how Jay's thing turns out
did you see jimmy's animated short? not very good imo, he just so desperate it's cringeworthy now - would be better if he just got c0kel0gic to do more animations of bits
i didnt get the chance to see the "The Alliance of Really Really Good People" and now it shows as private on youtube :?

yea man... i've read nothing but good things from people seeing his warm up shows.

The Chippa show... I donno... I want to support it because I love Jim and I love the characters on the radio... but from what I saw there, I really don't know if it can work as a show.

Alliance of Really Really Good People needs some production help but I love everyone involved. Soder is so damn good with voices.
willair
Art Connoisseur

Postby jools on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:33 pm

yeah Soder is great on the radio, i really need to check out more of the Bonfire, i guess the only way for me to hear them over here is on youtube as there doesnt seem to be a podcast option
jools
Art Expert

Postby glenn1 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:35 pm

jools wrote:The one thing about the joketheft stuff is that it conveniently meant her cnuty reaction to that kid movie reviewer's tweet was swept under the carpet, and she really did deserve to get hauled over the coals for that one. (cliffs: http://news.yahoo.com/amy-schumer-shames-17-year-old-critic-who-tweeted-102311940.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw)

The kid made a gross joke, got appropriately called out, and probably learned a lesson. Don't see a problem. Not sure anyone was going to "haul her over the coals" other than the creeps that already have it out for her.
glenn1
Art Expert

Postby jools on Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:22 pm

oh dont get me wrong, it was a shite joke and i actually feel worse for knowing that odious little turd exists - but given her schtick, it struck me as super hypocritical to react like she did
jools
Art Expert

Postby toobs on Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:01 pm

mr_rugby wrote:The Fighter and The Kid podcast with Bryan Callen is pretty funny.

for sure those to clowns, I've cried laughing at work listening to them . . . - Joe Rogan, so many good stand up specials but Podcast is amazing / Joey CoCo Diaz great story teller really super crude guy tells it how it is
toobs
Art Expert

RottenAtom wrote:This is the hookup thread, not the beg for sloppy seconds thread.

Postby ChristopherDunn on Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:48 pm

My favorite comedian is Ralphie May. I can't help but laugh at almost all of his work.
"Smokin' with Jesus"
https://youtu.be/GGzQpy3lTxA

Jeselnik cracks me up, because I have the same sick sense of humor.
https://youtu.be/1FLGEr1zJYo

And Iliza Schlerginzer, or however you spell her last name. I'm a fan of hers too.
ChristopherDunn
Art Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV