Comedy/Comics/Comedians Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby PrintNoob87 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Not sure if one exists (couldn't find one), but thought it might be cool to have a stand-up thread. Always interested in finding out about new comics, or just shooting the fudge on the greats. Was watching Killing Em' Softly for the 17th time last night and just appreciating how great Chappelle was.

Last edited by PrintNoob87 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:44 pm

Great idea for a thread. Killing em softly and Raw are my favorite stand up shows of all time. They still crack me up every single time. :clap: :clap:
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby schmoff on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:47 pm

next week going to see Sara Silverman and Friends friday night and then Judd Apatow and Friends saturday night, all part of NY Comedy Fest, should be a good time can't wait
Last edited by schmoff on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schmoff
Art Expert

Image T.K.C.

Postby schmoff on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:48 pm

double post :oops:
schmoff
Art Expert

Image T.K.C.

Postby willair on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Stoked to see Ole Billy Redface (Burr) at MSG on the 14th. Bobby Kelly's special is on Netflix now and that is a great one. Ari Shaffir did a great special this year (or maybe last year) I'm also really excited for the Big Jay Oakerson CC special.
willair
Art Connoisseur

Postby schmoff on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:55 pm

willair wrote:Stoked to see Ole Billy Redface (Burr) at MSG on the 14th. Bobby Kelly's special is on Netflix now and that is a great one. Ari Shaffir did a great special this year (or maybe last year) I'm also really excited for the Big Jay Oakerson CC special.

saw Bill Burr this summer part of oddball comedy fest which has been excellent the past two years, if you ever get a chance to see it I highly recommend
schmoff
Art Expert

Image T.K.C.

Postby willair on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:56 pm

willair
Art Connoisseur

Postby jools on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:58 pm

willair wrote:Stoked to see Ole Billy Redface (Burr) at MSG on the 14th. Bobby Kelly's special is on Netflix now and that is a great one. Ari Shaffir did a great special this year (or maybe last year) I'm also really excited for the Big Jay Oakerson CC special.

i like your style :clap: Big Jay is a funny fecker
Sam Morril's half hour special was pretty good.
Saw Kyle Kinane at the edinburgh fest this year, Kyle is awesome, probably my favourite "new"-ish standup, dude's a storytellin maestro.
Saw Stanhope a few weeks ago and he's still got it.
jools
Art Expert

"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/posters/151641-fro-design-saul-bass-inspired-star-wars-poster.html

Postby willair on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:00 pm

jools wrote:

i like your style :clap: Big Jay is a funny fecker
Sam Morril's half hour special was pretty good.
Saw Kyle Kinane at the edinburgh fest this year, Kyle is awesome, probably my favourite "new"-ish standup, dude's a storytellin maestro.
Saw Stanhope a few weeks ago and he's still got it.

can't wait for kinane's story on This Is Not Happening. He's on my list to see live for sure.
willair
Art Connoisseur

Postby jools on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:06 pm

just watched Call Me Lucky...wow. What a truly truly incredible man Crimmins is :notworthy:
jools
Art Expert

http://www.gigposters.com/forums/posters/151641-fro-design-saul-bass-inspired-star-wars-poster.html

Postby beetlejuice on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:10 pm

I thought Jeselnik's netflix special was enjoyable as was Demetri Martin's that he did for them.

I listen to a ton of comedy podcast's so I'm familiar with a lot more comedians than I used to be but Pryor's stuff is still my favorite. David Cross' Shut Up You drymounting Baby also makes me laugh hard still.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Go ahead, make my millennium.

Postby PrintNoob87 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:28 pm

I really enjoyed Demetri Martin's as well. A lot of Mitch Hedberg influence in his stuff.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby john38103 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:30 pm

I caught a Jim Jefferies show on Saturday night and he was spectacular.
john38103
Art Expert

Postby jools on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:33 pm

beetlejuice wrote:I thought Jeselnik's netflix special was enjoyable as was Demetri Martin's that he did for them.

I listen to a ton of comedy podcast's so I'm familiar with a lot more comedians than I used to be but Pryor's stuff is still my favorite. David Cross' Shut Up You drymounting Baby also makes me laugh hard still.

Each to their own i guess, i can't stand Jeselnik, tried watching that special and got about 20 mins in...i usually have to find the comedian likeable to actually find them funny, and there's something about his delivery that just gets on my tits, and thats not to mention his material, which is (for me) absoultely atrocious...if it was 10 years ago the whole dead babies, drymounting, holocaust material mighta been oh so edgy, but it's been done ad nauseum and i dont get why he gets so much love. But like i say, each to their own i guess.
Lookin forward to Big Jay and Uncle Joey's specials when they finally surface...of the recent specials i've seen, i keep going back to Kinane's and Kurt Metzger's White Precious. Of the podcasts i enjoy Tom Rhodes, Stanhope, Brendon Burns, Race Wars, the Church of What's Happening, and of course Ari's and Bertcast
jools
Art Expert

Postby PrintNoob87 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Totally agree on Jeselnik - not a fan of his at all.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Next

Return to Cinema/TV