The Leftovers

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby afrosteeziac on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:52 pm

Didn't see an existing thread so figured I'd start one...
Found myself really glued to last nights premiere. Everything was so well done and intriguing. Lot's a little things throughout the whole episode which was filled with great writing and acting. So many questions. And judging by the preview it looks like quite a bit happened to the Garvey's before they met the Murphy's. And is it just me or did the woman who picked up the baby in the beginning look strangly like Nora? interesting parallels being made there.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby TheBeard on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:44 pm

dropdoctor wrote:I love this drymounting show. Thank you beard for reminding me it was on with your post

I can't take the credit as someone else mentioned it in the thread, but I sure as hell was gonna talk about it.

Question, do you think any of the characters from season 1 will be in it still? The opening credits had a lot of names from the season and I remember a teaser for the second season having Patti in it. I hope it's not just a bunch of hallucinations.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c

Postby sidewaysscott on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:45 pm

Last nights episode was tense. Nice start to the season, i hope.
sidewaysscott
Art God

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.

Postby afrosteeziac on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:33 pm

TheBeard wrote:
dropdoctor wrote:I love this drymounting show. Thank you beard for reminding me it was on with your post

I can't take the credit as someone else mentioned it in the thread, but I sure as hell was gonna talk about it.

Question, do you think any of the characters from season 1 will be in it still? The opening credits had a lot of names from the season and I remember a teaser for the second season having Patti in it. I hope it's not just a bunch of hallucinations.

I'm almost certain Patti is dead. I think there will be some flashbacks though. Didn't they bury her? Plus in the preview for ep2 he says he has a body in his car, which i assume is Patti's.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby TheBeard on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:41 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:
TheBeard wrote:

I'm almost certain Patti is dead. I think there will be some flashbacks though. Didn't they bury her? Plus in the preview for ep2 he says he has a body in his car, which i assume is Patti's.

Patti killed herself and yes they buried her.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Postby jettad on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:46 pm

Is it worth watching this show?

From the promo's for season 1, I got a religious vibe, and to be honest I am not bothered with that kind of show so didn't watch it.
jettad
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:49 pm

I wasn't crazy about S1...skipped a bunch and then watched the finale. Good enough. S2 had an interesting start...I'll give it a few more episodes before I decide if I like it.
IWish
Art Expert

Image Post Halloween SALE 10% OFF on select items.

I'm out of foil - my hat can't get any bigger.

#metoo

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:22 pm

IWish wrote:I wasn't crazy about S1...skipped a bunch and then watched the finale. Good enough. S2 had an interesting start...I'll give it a few more episodes before I decide if I like it.

Once again, I have no idea what is going on.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby PLUSH on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:54 pm

Really, they had to change the intro and music?! :( I thought it was perfect.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Postby afrosteeziac on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:17 pm

PLUSH wrote:Really, they had to change the intro and music?! :( I thought it was perfect.

at first i was also caught off guard by the intro(loved S1's) but this description of it shed a different light on it for me...
"...the toe-tapping Iris DeMent track, "Let the Mystery Be," that now stands as the new opening song was chosen for a reason. Not only does it warn us not to get sucked into the vague mystical elements, but it laces this season with a touch of ironic juxtaposition. Whereas the first season may have been very heavy and on-the-nose with its towering, booming title music, this one undercuts the depression in a tongue-in-cheek manner."

I can see how this show would grate on certain viewers. I personally don't need an explanation for the vanishing, and kind of hope we never get one.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby ricv64 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:25 am

I liked the show and decided to check out the book version . The book I didn't care for . They improved it with season 1 version
ricv64
Art Expert

shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila

Postby Philpenn on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:07 am

I'm not very wild about where this show seems to be heading. New town, and bad guy neighbor just seem too Walking Dead to me.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:40 am

First season was amazing. But I have no idea how one of you skipped episodes and then watched the finale....that would seem SUPER confusing.
I was worried about the new season having to take a new course, especially with the production delays...and then the first 10 minutes of cavewoman...
But after that I thought it was a great introduction to new characters. I can not wait to see where this all goes.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Postby Cragars on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:15 pm

Need to go back and watch last season's finale. Season premier was nice but it needs to get back into the swing of things, I didn't feel that AF. Granted it was kind of depressive but I'm looking for that depressed AF feeling that I came to love with season one.
Cragars
Art Expert

Postby TheBeard on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:53 am

The second episode was also really really good. I don't remember being this intrigued for the next episode as much as I have been the last couple of weeks.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Next

Return to Cinema/TV