The Leftovers

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby middayshadows on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:39 pm

middayshadows
Art Expert

Image Image Image Image

Postby mfaith on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:03 am

Nice discussion with Lindelof about making the decision to go another season, and how it'll be a whole other thing. http://www.slashfilm.com/the-leftovers-season-three/
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image Image ImageImage

Postby PLUSH on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:26 am

This show to me is the best on TV right now. Something about the emotional connection.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Postby srdzevon on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:47 am

Binge watched both seasons a couple weeks ago. Didn't realize there was a thread for it. Freakin great show.
The soundtrack is perfect. The Iris DeMent song at the beginning of S2 is one of the few show opening credits I didn't skip a single time.
srdzevon
Art Expert

ImageX5 Hodor Image

Postby MonteAlderaan on Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:33 pm

srdzevon wrote:Binge watched both seasons a couple weeks ago. Didn't realize there was a thread for it. Freakin great show.
The soundtrack is perfect. The Iris DeMent song at the beginning of S2 is one of the few show opening credits I didn't skip a single time.

Man, my wife and I are on the total opposite end of the spectrum. We disliked the title sequence from the first season but the song used in s2 was like nails on chalkboard to us. The visuals were cool so we tended to just put the TV on mute. :)

The last show I never skipped the titles to (besides Better Call Saul but it's a short one and changes each episode) was True Detective s2. That Cohen song was killer.
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Postby 63schoeffling on Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm he only one of my friends who made it through the second season. I'm indifferent if they ever come out with another season but the music they used during the show was world class.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby IWish on Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:45 pm

MonteAlderaan wrote: the song used in s2 was like nails on chalkboard to us.

:lol: I feel the same way.

I'm just along for the ride with this show. Reason being, we really won't get any answers as to what caused the disappearances. It's a good enough watch to follow the character's stories and how they deal with everything.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby srdzevon on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:18 pm

I loooooooove Iris DeMent!
srdzevon
Art Expert

ImageX5 Hodor Image

Postby afrosteeziac on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:50 pm

63schoeffling wrote:I'm he only one of my friends who made it through the second season. I'm indifferent if they ever come out with another season but the music they used during the show was world class.

Pretty sure I read awhile ago that S3 was confirmed.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:56 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:I'm he only one of my friends who made it through the second season. I'm indifferent if they ever come out with another season but the music they used during the show was world class.

Yes. Third and final.
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image Image ImageImage

Postby srdzevon on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:56 pm

MonteAlderaan wrote:
srdzevon wrote:Binge watched both seasons a couple weeks ago. Didn't realize there was a thread for it. Freakin great show.

Man, my wife and I are on the total opposite end of the spectrum. We disliked the title sequence from the first season but the song used in s2 was like nails on chalkboard to us. The visuals were cool so we tended to just put the TV on mute. :)

The last show I never skipped the titles to (besides Better Call Saul but it's a short one and changes each episode) was True Detective s2. That Cohen song was killer.

Yeah it was. Nice surprise when that one first came on.

I can't listen to the Game Of Thrones title sequence anymore because of this. :lol:

srdzevon
Art Expert

ImageX5 Hodor Image

Postby middayshadows on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:24 am

afrosteeziac wrote:

Yeah, linked the info on the S3 renewal, top of this page.

srdzevon wrote:I can't listen to the Game Of Thrones title sequence anymore because of this....(Game of drymounting Thrones)

Took me ages to get that out of my head , after hearing it a while ago. Cant. listen. again. :twisted:

I liked the S2 title theme too. Not my usual cup of tea, musically, but I think the soundtrack overall is phenomenal. Perfectly supports the mood and unpredictable nature of the show.

Amazing use in particular of The Pixies' "Where's My Mind" throughout the season. Much more effective/original than Mr Robot's use of the song, for very specific (but Mr Robot Spoiler-y so I will avoid saying) reasons. Liked Mr R a lot though.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Image Image Image Image

Postby 63schoeffling on Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:05 am

^ Mr. Robot I think is one of the best shows on Tv already. Hoping and expecting it to keep going strong. Honestly, I can't believe how good it is for being on USA, too.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:46 am

Best of 2015 for me was The Leftovers then just barely behind that Mr Robot. But if I compared first season to first season....Mr Robot may win.
BENYOUNG20
Art Connoisseur

Postby trarex on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:19 am

Both are winners :pint:
trarex
Art Expert

"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV