The Leftovers

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby tenaciousjack on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:15 am

I love this show... can't wait to see what the opening credits will look like this season.
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Tonight!!!

mfaith
EB Team

Image Image Image ImageImage

Postby 63schoeffling on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:32 pm

Haven't seen one commercial for this. Had no idea this was coming back already. Hopefully something actually happens this year but I have a bad feeling it will be more of just Nothing. A Shame because the acting and soundtrack is amazing but just no direction.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby mfaith on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Codeblue wrote:With all the praise this show is getting in here I might start watching before it ends.

Did you?

63schoeffling wrote:Hopefully something actually happens this year but I have a bad feeling it will be more of just Nothing. A Shame because the acting and soundtrack is amazing but just no direction.

Couldn't disagree about the lack of direction more. Awesome show all around.
Really glad they've been given the chance to close things out proper. :pint:
mfaith
EB Team

Postby Codeblue on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Might start today/tonight.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby BB8 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Just a guess--> It takes a very religious turn and Justin Theroux is either Jesus or a Jesus equivalent.

I have no actual idea what happens its just a guess.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Postby Codeblue on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:59 pm

In that case, I might not start today/tonight.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby 63schoeffling on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:15 pm

It's like an abbreviated poor man's LOST. They just don't bother trying to explain most things and leave it up to the viewer under the guise of "ohh this is sooo heavy, we want to leave it up to the viewer to decide what it means". Which is another way of saying hey, there's this book that we stretched out into three seasons and has no ending, so we will make some stuff up and leave it up to you as opposed to making another season or two trying to explain.

But again.... world class acting and soundtrack.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Pfft. Obviously too heavy for you. :roll:
mfaith
EB Team

Postby 63schoeffling on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:37 pm

mfaith wrote:Pfft. Obviously too heavy for you. :roll:

Ha, no way I love heavy. They just try and make it so heavy and not actually answer any of it or go anywhere with it. I am just going to watch it because there's nothing else going on on Sunday nights. Everyone I know that watched it bailed during season 2 so it's just this thread I have left.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby BB8 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:45 pm

Solid First Episode.

I understand people's issues with the show and not much happening. I am not sure if it is an objectively "good" show but it calls to me, I like it, the characters are good, the performances are top notch and I do not find myself getting bored. A lot of shows these days I find to be very predictable and one reason why I like Game of Thrones so much is because, with very few exceptions, I can never predict what is going to happen. Leftovers shares that.

With that said, I do think I am right about the Jesus thing. Anyone else catch that crown moment? (When he is talking to his daughter and is still wearing the crown?) and then they flat out say, "I know you're not Jesus but the beard looks good on you".

I had originally said what I said because I had thought it a bit last season with the whole "resurrection" and then they premiere the show on Easter.... it felt like it was going there. Now they're writing a Gospel about him. Also.... the entire length of the show there seems to be various groups in search of some kind of cause or answer or... savior (remember the hugging?).

I feel like the third act of the series is Kevin being this savior.... but the real deal this time. I think it will end with something symbolic to his torture and crucifixion, which ultimately saves everyone - possibly but not necessarily brings the departed back - that bit might be a stretch though - at the very least he'll self sacrifice to save the world.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:17 am

That was quite an opening act.

So is Kevin's bird now a dog in human form? The lady collecting the doves appeared to be the same woman only rougher around the edges.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby elduderino619 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:09 am

BB8 wrote:Just a guess--> It takes a very religious turn and Justin Theroux is either Jesus or a Jesus equivalent.

I have no actual idea what happens its just a guess.

Definitely suited Easter as a good premiere date.
elduderino619
Art Connoisseur

Postby mfaith on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:56 am

Loved it. So glad this is back on. Anybody know what that revival-type song was?
mfaith
EB Team

Postby matowest on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:03 am

mfaith wrote:Loved it. So glad this is back on. Anybody know what that revival-type song was?

This one?
matowest
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV