Ash vs. Evil Dead

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby peacedog on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:19 pm

I didn't get it either. The wooden hand should have fallen away, as well he used the cuffs to lock up the cop.
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby whiskaz on Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:51 pm

Yea. Rewatched that scene. Doesn't make much sense but oh well. Maybe it fell off and rolled in behind some stuff? Or broke when it bounced off the floor. :pint:
whiskaz
Art Expert

Postby Philpenn on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:13 am

I stopped thinking about it as soon as I remembered it was just wood. No points of articulation or anything. Being that it didn't do anything, it won't be missed.
Philpenn
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C. Image

Postby elduderino619 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:44 pm

Philpenn wrote:I stopped thinking about it as soon as I remembered it was just wood. No points of articulation or anything. Being that it didn't do anything, it won't be missed.

plus who needs a wooden hand when you have a just as useful chainsaw?
elduderino619
Art Connoisseur

Postby punch on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:53 pm

This show is so fun. I'm so happy it's a thing AND we get another season.
punch
Art Expert

Postby Gandhi on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:25 pm

whiskaz wrote:Yea. Rewatched that scene. Doesn't make much sense but oh well. Maybe it fell off and rolled in behind some stuff? Or broke when it bounced off the floor. :pint:

The cop still had a hold of the hand because they were shaking when she cuffed him and he twisted his arm to leave the hand in her grasp. Right?
Gandhi
Art Connoisseur

Postby punch on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:35 pm

Speaking of the hand, in the pilot Ash clearly wears a wood-looking-glove in some stunt scenes and actually uses that hand to do things. He shuts his car door with his "wooden hand" when he arrives at the bar.

Bruce did his own stunt driving on that scene (he talks about stealing Shatners TJ Hooker move in the Nerdist podcast), so I can see why he just had a glove on.. but he totally forgot to use the "real hand" in that take.

Rewatch that scene and watch the hand, it's kinda funny. His car slide was so good they must have said F it, lets use it.
punch
Art Expert

Postby whiskaz on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Gandhi wrote:
whiskaz wrote:Yea. Rewatched that scene. Doesn't make much sense but oh well. Maybe it fell off and rolled in behind some stuff? Or broke when it bounced off the floor. :pint:

The cop still had a hold of the hand because they were shaking when she cuffed him and he twisted his arm to leave the hand in her grasp. Right?

Indeed. I guess she didn't want to let it go :pint: Mystery solved!
whiskaz
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:43 am

Just watched E3 and dug it!

Quick question (spoilers?): How does Amanda know Ash is cause of all the problems in the beginning? I understand her and her partner raided the house of that girl who was smoking with Ash and read from the book, but I seemed to have missed how she put that together and ended up at his trailer park? I could go back and re-watch the other episodes, but gonna go Halo 5 it up.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby matowest on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:47 am

dweebofthedead wrote:Just watched E3 and dug it!

Quick question (spoilers?): How does Amanda know Ash is cause of all the problems in the beginning? I understand her and her partner raided the house of that girl who was smoking with Ash and read from the book, but I seemed to have missed how she put that together and ended up at his trailer park? I could go back and re-watch the other episodes, but gonna go Halo 5 it up.

I know she got the artist's sketch of him from the trailer park. I think she was called there because the incident in Ash's trailer in the pilot was similar to the one she was in with her partner in the pilot. Though, why she assumes Ash is the cause...I dunno...because TV, I guess.
matowest
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:04 am

Turns out I can't watch another ep until it hits amazon. As if I won't set myself on fire to cure the hunger before then.
fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Postby punch on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:43 am

fredo wrote:Turns out I can't watch another ep until it hits amazon. As if I won't set myself on fire to cure the hunger before then.

Download it from any number of pirate sites?
punch
Art Expert

Postby Gandhi on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:19 am

punch wrote:
fredo wrote:Turns out I can't watch another ep until it hits amazon. As if I won't set myself on fire to cure the hunger before then.

Download it from any number of pirate sites?

That's the attitude that gets good shows cancelled.
Gandhi
Art Connoisseur

Postby dweebofthedead on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:38 am

matowest wrote:

I know she got the artist's sketch of him from the trailer park. I think she was called there because the incident in Ash's trailer in the pilot was similar to the one she was in with her partner in the pilot. Though, why she assumes Ash is the cause...I dunno...because TV, I guess.

But what lead her to his trailer park in the first place? Also, it looks like she was put on leave of absence (coffee shop scene) pending an internal investigation to figure out why she shot her partner. So I don't think she was working then.

Because once she gets there, she then sees the sketch and then finds the business card for the book store, which leads her to Ash.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby matowest on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:59 am

dweebofthedead wrote:
matowest wrote:

But what lead her to his trailer park in the first place? Also, it looks like she was put on leave of absence (coffee shop scene) pending an internal investigation to figure out why she shot her partner. So I don't think she was working then.

Because once she gets there, she then sees the sketch and then finds the business card for the book store, which leads her to Ash.

Yeah, that's where I think she just heard it on the police scanner or something. Or someone called her. I remember her supervisor/boss sort of suggesting that she wasn't supposed to be there because she's on leave. Sorry, I'm no help at all :D
matowest
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV