Mr. Robot

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:22 pm

hunterjax wrote:
BENYOUNG20 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
BENYOUNG20 wrote:I've assumed (hoped) the time travel allusions are just a red herring.

I thought the same in the beginning of the season, but by the end seemed like they were really trying to lay out for the audience - the unlock for 5/9 was in the BTTF Halloween pic? seemed like they were trying to hammer it home.

My thoughts on the photo was that it was like going back in time to fix their mistake....not actually going back in time.

yeah, I thought that's what Elliot was thinking (also referencing seeing the move with Trenton's brother -- if that actually happened at all -- and how the two fans in line have the argument about the moral of the movie) but I also think that on the more real/less symbolic level, they are making it known that WR's project is time travel.

That Large Hadron collider looking machine from the first episode definitely has some Jules Vern time machine possibilities...
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:23 pm

It's possible....I just hope not. Everything else they have done is just so grounded in actual real world tech that I hope they don't make that turn.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:34 pm

I thought I'd check here, first, before ebay-ing these. Is anyone interested in buying the hat or hoodie? Can provide pics or any other info you might want. PM me, if interested. Thanks.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby Mapman on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:42 am

Just started watching the second season, I'm finding it hard to get into, is it gonna get better?
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby iambillyg on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:54 am

Mapman wrote:Just started watching the second season, I'm finding it hard to get into, is it gonna get better?

2nd season is rough. Stick through it, though. It helps world-build a bit.

If it helps, Season 3 packs a hell of a punch and really seemed to "make up" for what Season 2 seemed to be lacking.
iambillyg
Art Freak

KingOfNothing wrote:It's not Mondo it's more like Mondone.

Postby greenhorn1 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:46 pm

iambillyg wrote:
Mapman wrote:Just started watching the second season, I'm finding it hard to get into, is it gonna get better?

2nd season is rough. Stick through it, though. It helps world-build a bit.

If it helps, Season 3 packs a hell of a punch and really seemed to "make up" for what Season 2 seemed to be lacking.

Good to hear. I've got season 3 on the DVR but have kept putting it off because I really didn't care for S2 that much. I'll start in on it as soon as I finish S2 of Preacher.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:34 pm

Season 3 is SO good.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Cinema/TV