Mr. Robot

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby IWish on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:31 pm

:D Hey all!

Is anyone good at puzzles? The composition notebook that Elliot used as his journal has been published...inside are inserts with codes to decipher, etc.

One of the inserts is a page from Leo Tolstoy's book 'Resurrection'; which we see Mr. Robot reading in the show.

The assumption is the tictactoe grids are in some way a decipherable code leading to letters or words contained in the two Tolstoy book pages.

Here is the image of the two pages from the book. Pages 461-462. http://i.imgur.com/CWh56wA.png (The other inserted puzzles have been solved, but not the tictactoe puzzle.)

Just to provide more info-here are images of the notebook with inserts.
Front image of book and inserts. http://i.imgur.com/GBxwjxL.jpg
Back image of book and inserts. http://i.imgur.com/neHw6KJ.jpg

If you're good at such things and like puzzles - you might want to give it a look. I've looked at it and can't seem to find any sort of logical sequence to find words/letters using info in the grids. Again, it's an assumption that what is contained in the grids leads to deciphering a message from the Tolstoy book pages. Seems a logical assumption since the grids are written on the pages.

As a rule, these gimmicks outside of the show usually don't provide info that will make or break the show...just provides some background info usually. I keep trying to figure it out when I have time - thought someone here might like puzzles and the show and is willing to give it a try.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby fallstaff on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:56 pm

It seems I'm always running behind and catching up on great TV, generally due to waiting on the DVD release at our local video [sic] store, surviving now unfortunately on life support.

I was really drawn into this series and especially Elliot who I quickly likened to the hacker Case in William Gibson's Neuromancer. Each character, tormented by psychic pain, has an astonishing mastery of a virtual codified space and operate in the "bodiless exultation of cyberspace" seeking that illusive permanent adrenaline high. For Case however he jacks his disembodied consciousness into the matrix but, in either case, both Case and Elliot undertake the programmatic expression of their wills against monolithic trans-national corporations.

Another striking issue was highlighted by Angela's desperate pursuit of the circumstances behind E-Corp's coverup of intentional toxic contamination that killed her mother and others. She is obsessed to know the details and thinking behind someone who could execute the decision to contaminate a town knowing the predictable consequences of their actions.

Angela learns the chilling conclusions which are the conclusions of Hannah Arrendt in Eichmann in Jerusalem in which Arrendt covers the 1961 trial of Nazi collaborator Adolf Eichmann. She describes a new type of criminal who are "neither perverted nor sadistic, that they were, and still are, terribly and terrifyingly normal." More often than not they are functionaries devoted to family working in bureaucracies who, in voluntary compliance, thoughtlessness and a remoteness from reality, exhibit a "banality of evil."

Of course It is a society that echoes our own in which all the hallmarks of an emergent US-style Fascism are in place. Seems nothing will ever be learned from history but lets hope Arrendt's "new criminal" in society at large wakes the drymount up otherwise we're all doomed.
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Postby IWish on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Ack! I just found out that Season 3 starts tonight. :D

I kinda' regret watching this preview. Decide for yourself if you want to watch or not.
http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/video ... 30-preview
IWish
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:07 pm

Dear Miss E Bee,

Finished and dug S1, but am wary that the rest might be a letdown- ala Transparent and Luther, where solid narratives (d)evolved into semi-situational or more diffuse storlines. Is this the case for Mr. Robot? Should I accept his family for what they are? Or am I being bipolar again, you godawful hag?

-- Chuffed in Christchurch
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby Codeblue on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Just watch it ya pretentious fug.

P.S. S1 > S2
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby IWish on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Wut? Just watch the damn show. Image

:P
You won't regret it.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Knowing him, he prolly will.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby fredo on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 pm

I always do.

ps that wasn't aimed at you, Sue. You godawful hag <<eemogee>>
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby IWish on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:09 pm

Good premiere episode. Can't really discuss much until we get more information.

I hope they get rid of Darlene.

It was good to finally get a tease of Whiterose's project at the power station. I wasn't surprised...I'm sure that I wasn't the only one who saw that coming.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby IronBott on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:04 am

Solid first episode indeed. Really dig the intro visually speaking and the new character with the mustache felt like a guy from a tarantino.

Wonder if the story is taking a sci fi turn tough. What was Angela talking about ? Time travel ? :shock:
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Postby hunterjax on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:18 am

IronBott wrote:Wonder if the story is taking a sci fi turn tough. What was Angela talking about ? Time travel ? :shock:

That was the only part of the episode that sort of took me out of it. I really hope that's not where they are going and it was more just the first hint of Angela completely losing her mind.

Otherwise, thought it was a really solid first episode and tied things up from last season without having it linger for 3-4 episodes; reset the board nicely.

And yeah, Bobby Carnivale was a great addition.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby IWish on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:31 am

I'm leaning towards the idea that Whiterose has discovered the key to unlocking some form of entanglement Image "spooky action" in manipulating neurons - brain/senses/human consciousness. Mind/consciousness travel - not physical time travel.

We've seen two instances with fish in tanks. Querty's fish bowl and the fish in the tank during Angela's weird scene with WR. Use of Deprivation tanks? I recall that during that particular scene with Angela and WR there was audio added in the background that sounded like water splashing that I found curious. I will have to re-watch. Also, in the recent S3 ep there seems to be a similar sound this time with what might be a visual effect of fluid/water/bubbles when the particle accelerator transitions into Elliot's retina/eye.

The particle accelerator can explain cause of death due to exposure to radiation. Whether exposure was purposeful for experiments or accidental. Dunno'.

I don't have enough knowledge to get into in-depth discussions. I'm game for some fun, (but casual), discussion though. I'm a nerd that finds the subject fascinating. I defer to those with more knowledge for a better explanation of what I getting at with this.

http://www.intelligentanswers.co.uk/ind ... pic=3867.0

http://knowingneurons.com/2017/02/27/he ... celerator/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QlcKuxDGrs
IWish
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:02 am

Highlighted text for emphasis. The 'key' is some form of consciousness-entanglement quantum binary code. IMO.

A fundamental particle such as a photon, (which is what light is made of), can be described with something called a state. A state is a set of properties that include information about the way the particle is moving and behaving, The state or description of one particle can be linked to another particle in a special way. The state of one particle influences the state of the other particle - this is called quantum entanglement. Consider two particles that are made to interact with each other so now their properties are now connected. These two entangled particles are kind of like twins now each of the individual particles can only be measured in two states. Technically, the states are called 'spin' and the particles can only exist as spin up or spin down. It's easier to think of the states as binary (one or zero) much like quantum computer qubits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWc6Goy6cRk
IWish
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:04 am

Stayed tuned...BRB. I have to run... gotta' go and buy some more tin foil. :lol:
IWish
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:19 am

One more thing...I believe this explains how Elliot's dad 'overrides' his consciousness.

Memory genetics...
Memories can be passed down to later generations through genetic switches that allow offspring to inherit the experience of their ancestors, according to new research that may explain how phobias can develop.

I also suspect that genetic memory is a possible explanation for savants, (seemingly inherent), special abilities.
IWish
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV