Better Call Saul

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Philpenn on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Obviously it's the best thing ever.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Codeblue wrote:Luls. fudge was dark as fug and I was #multitasking.

P.S. Neva done heroin. How is it?

Scary good. It is something I would never do again for fear of getting hooked.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby jjbehren on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Codeblue wrote:Luls. fudge was dark as fug...

Maybe that was just your torrented copy...
jjbehren
Flipper

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby Codeblue on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:42 pm

Not really. #pays4cable #doesneedtorecalibratetvtho
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby pvecchi on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:44 pm

P.S. Neva done heroin. How is it?
Attachments
6EFD8A6B-6A76-4DA5-B731-DE2FB515BEC7.jpeg
6EFD8A6B-6A76-4DA5-B731-DE2FB515BEC7.jpeg (41.79 KiB) Viewed 380 times
ED7D283D-50A8-4542-85CA-49F0D8713ED0.jpeg
ED7D283D-50A8-4542-85CA-49F0D8713ED0.jpeg (15.86 KiB) Viewed 380 times
pvecchi
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:56 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:That reveal to Kim was as almost good as the one in Primal Fear.

Yeah, Kim's character arc has been fascinating this season. She seemed to be growing cold to Jimmy's scheming, and when she saw the lack of human emotion from Jimmy when he first read Chuck's letter. It was almost like she seemed to realize she was seeing a different side of him that she didn't necessarily like. She approached that in a somewhat guarded way, but over time they seemed to grow apart after that. So you thought she just didn't like his rather flexible moral fabric. But then she got a taste of it herself with the shenanigans that they ran together, and wanted more. Then in the finale, she was really affected by how genuine Jimmy was about the letter (was it because it put to rest her original fears about him having this other somewhat sociopathic side?), only to have that completely stripped away when Jimmy showed it was all a facade.
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby edgar on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:02 pm

As if it all wasn’t smart enough for us...that finale’s title was “Winner”.
edgar
Art Expert

Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!

Postby mtarail on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:19 pm

mfaith wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:That reveal to Kim was as almost good as the one in Primal Fear.

Yeah, Kim's character arc has been fascinating this season. She seemed to be growing cold to Jimmy's scheming, and when she saw the lack of human emotion from Jimmy when he first read Chuck's letter. It was almost like she seemed to realize she was seeing a different side of him that she didn't necessarily like. She approached that in a somewhat guarded way, but over time they seemed to grow apart after that. So you thought she just didn't like his rather flexible moral fabric. But then she got a taste of it herself with the shenanigans that they ran together, and wanted more. Then in the finale, she was really affected by how genuine Jimmy was about the letter (was it because it put to rest her original fears about him having this other somewhat sociopathic side?), only to have that completely stripped away when Jimmy showed it was all a facade.

Great season. I was surprised that Kim didn't assume that Jimmy's statement to the judges was BS, after all of the BS machinations that went into laying the groundwork for that appeal. Kim is so smart, and the only explanation I can come up with for Kim mis-judging Jimmy's true state of mind at that time is the false or blind hope that we hold out for loved ones that they will "see the light".

Jimmy is a pure sociopath. No "somewhat" about it. The only person that he seems to genuinely care fore is Kim. That relationship looks about over, and god knows what will happen to her by the end of the show. Jimmy currently has enough dirt on her to make her life hell, if he wanted to.
mtarail
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:34 pm

I always just assumed she dies, which really sets him off into Saul mode.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby mfaith on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:38 pm

Yeah i don't see him turning against her. I could see her leaving him. Almost went that way this season. But I couldn't see him acting against her.
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby noeldaddy on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:33 am

Gotta admit, I had tears when he gave that speech to the board. He totally fooled me too. I felt Kim's horror. I don't see Jimmy as a sociopath though. I see him as a guy who's been manipulated by his brother for decades. He's jaded. And he needs to move past the hold Chuck had over him. Kim might see him as cold and unfeeling, dare I say "insincere", but really it's not that hard to believe that he would turn out that way. His mistake was in not keeping the charade going to Kim. But he trusts her. Little does he know it'll come back to bite him later.
As Mike's arc goes, he's starting to see Gustavo as the real sociopath. There was no reason to kill Ziegler. But he did what he had to do. That was a powerful, powerful scene.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby noeldaddy on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:36 am

There are very few shows where I'm not multitasking. This is one of them. I put everything down to watch Saul.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby iambillyg on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:42 am

Mike had to kill him to clean up the mess that he was responsible for. I believe Mike would have been able to let him go, had he not walked in on him speaking about the lab on the phone but, after that, the only person able to be saved was his wife.

Jimmy (Saul) got me with his final speech. Even with the cemetery ruse and the benefit, I really thought he had a realization after his breakdown with his car not starting. Like Kim, I was taken completely off guard.

Not really sure how the decision committee would react to him requesting a name change form immediately after making a speech about carrying on the name McGill though?
iambillyg
Art Freak

Postby matowest on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am

I honestly thought she was in on the whole thing and that her reactions were just part of the "show" since people obviously know they're together. Fine with how it turned out, though
matowest
Art Expert

Postby Darkknight37 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:17 pm

It's fascinating how they were able to make a damn good subplot out of the superlab. When I watched Breaking Bad I was never once like "Hmm, I wonder how they built that?"
Darkknight37
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV