Better Call Saul

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby canuck on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Yeah! Strip her of them best supporting actress awards!

And the dozens of awards and nominations BCS has earned as well while we are at it.

Don't be such a hater bra. This is some good television.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby earlgreytoast on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:07 pm

Overall, yeah, I will concede that it is "good." She just annoys me no end. Cartel and Mike fudge keeps me coming back though.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:This thread is boring. I'm going to go jerk off.

http://artsy.bigcartel.com/

Postby canuck on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:54 am

I like her. Easy on the eyes, blonde, smart. I can keep going if ya want. :D

Really enjoy the cartel timeline myself as well. Now we know why Hector and Gus hate each other so much. Didn't dawn on me until this week but we also found how Hector had his stroke. Kinda bummed Tuco has been locked up this whole time.

Numbers have been plummeting though for the show. No word yet if they are going to cancel or renew as of right now. You kinda gotta think they just go with it. Breaking Bad wasn't even huge until the later half of the series. Fingers crossed.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby mobius006 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Wouldn't call it much of a drop off. shows preforming same numbers as most of breaking bad. trending down, but still.
mobius006
Art Freak

Liberal Democratic - Print Conservative: Pro Government Regulations, Anti Reprints and Timed Editions.

Postby golobulus on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:39 pm

I thought Kim stood her ground to Hamblin pretty well. Watching slippin Jimmy take revenge on the music store guys was classic. Playing the old ladies against each other was cringe worthy and Jimmy's genius scamming. Mike's character is just awesome... he is so fun to watch. Don Salamanca is a bad dude.
golobulus
Art Expert

Postby jjbehren on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:59 am

golobulus wrote:Watching slippin Jimmy take revenge on the music store guys was classic.

Fun to see how Saul hurt his back.
jjbehren
Flipper

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby duckyhoward on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:14 am

Season 3 was pretty solid overall. I was hoping Hector might have dinged the bell on the counter at Nacho's Dad upholstery shop. Gus clearly saw that something was in play when Nacho was picking up the pills too.
And Chuck's line to Jimmy was harsh - “The truth is, you’ve never mattered that much to me.” But is a lie. Already looking forward to Season 4 and to see how the Saul Goodman character continues to evolve.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.

Postby mfaith on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:38 am

Oh man, just finished last night's ep. What an eventful finale. Mike was conspicuously missing. But what it lacked in Mike, it definitely made up for in other areas. As much as I want to feel bad for Chuck and his deteriorating mental state, you just can't, since he's such a complete asshole and terrible human being. The worst part about the fire, is that it's ultimately going to make Jimmy feel even worse about himself. Glad that Irene's friendships have all been restored, though it was at a great personal expense to Jimmy. Both short-term (not getting the Sandpiper money yet), and longterm (no more clients to welcome him back from hiatus). The way Kim sticks by Jimmy through thick and through thin, and continues to believe in him is charming and sweet. I fear what's going to happen to that relationship in the end. :( And yeah, 100% Gus knew something went down, and that there's a weakness to exploit. One of his greatest strengths has always been his ability to read people and situations. Seems to be a fairly clean slate for Jimmy and Kim going into Season 4. Curious to see where they go next.
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby jamel-d on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:11 am

I think Kim is who puts the final nail in Jimmy's coffin. HHM will make her an offer to return as partner, which will drive a stake thru his heart.
Not sure that Chuck will die, Jimmy's guilt will force him to be Chuck's "nurse."
As for Gus, he sees everything.
Depending on how long everyone involved wants to keep this show going will determine how quickly Jimmy is completely "reborn."
jamel-d
Art Expert

THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16 Image

Postby mfaith on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 am

jamel-d wrote: HHM will make her an offer to return as partner, which will drive a stake thru his heart.

I don't know if that would have as big an impact on Jimmy with Chuck having been ousted from the firm.
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby ZoSoTim on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:20 am

duckyhoward wrote:I was hoping Hector might have dinged the bell on the counter at Nacho's Dad upholstery shop.

Me too.
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Postby jamel-d on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:22 am

mfaith wrote:
jamel-d wrote: HHM will make her an offer to return as partner, which will drive a stake thru his heart.

I don't know if that would have as big an impact on Jimmy with Chuck having been ousted from the firm.

He still envisions a partnership with her. That would kill all hope. She's the last bit of happiness for him before he goes completely to the dark side.
jamel-d
Art Expert

THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16 Image

Postby mfaith on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:36 am

jamel-d wrote:
mfaith wrote:

He still envisions a partnership with her. That would kill all hope. She's the last bit of happiness for him before he goes completely to the dark side.

That's true. It would kill that dream.
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby partpat on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:38 am

The show is great so far.
partpat
Art Expert

Postby matowest on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 am

A day or so late, but man what a finale. I think Chuck is one of the best written (and best acted) antagonists on TV right now, so I was appropriately shook
matowest
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV