Better Call Saul

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby matowest on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:54 am

noeldaddy wrote:Worst episode of the season. I hate Chuck episodes. And that ending was way too predictable. But really, all this time have they been establishing Chuck to be the "villain" of the series? All that said, it's been an excellent season prior to that point. Really liked the shot of Kim enamored by the commercial.
I'm gonna need a Gimme Jimmy t-shirt

I don't necessarily see it as Chuck is the villain. His belief system is just diametrically opposed to Jimmy's. So, it's a matter of perspective. Same reason we saw the opening scene where the dying mother basically says "Gimme Jimmy" when Chuck is at her side. Sure, Chuck is a dick, but he has his reasons, which makes him more than just a straight-up villain and makes his interactions with Jimmy all the more interesting to watch play out. From Chuck's perspective, Jimmy is the villain.

Of course, as we've seen, Chuck is willing to go pretty low. Despite his high opinion of himself, he's capable of doing the same things Jimmy does. It's a matter of rationalization by both of them.
matowest
Art Expert

Postby noeldaddy on Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:51 am

matowest wrote:Of course, as we've seen, Chuck is willing to go pretty low. Despite his high opinion of himself, he's capable of doing the same things Jimmy does. It's a matter of rationalization by both of them.

Indeed-- never looked at it that way
noeldaddy
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby ChefFerrari on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:01 pm

Brilliant season again.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Postby veltri on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:41 am

I just discovered Chuck was Lenny in Laverne & Shirley - I knew he looked familiar!

veltri
Art Expert

strongstuff wrote:i want to watch those fools squirm.

Image Image Image Image Image

Postby Kramerica on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:49 am

Don't forget about Spinal Tap
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby noeldaddy on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:08 pm

aaaaaand i'll never be able to watch this show the same ever again.
for the better
noeldaddy
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby statik on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:19 pm

Would anyone mind if I gave my thoughts on how this will wrap up?
statik
Art Expert

drymount your sig!

Postby carljwiii on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:11 pm

statik wrote:Would anyone mind if I gave my thoughts on how this will wrap up?

I double dog dare you
carljwiii
Art Expert

I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick

Postby lujborg on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:20 pm

statik wrote:Would anyone mind if I gave my thoughts on how this will wrap up?

we all do
lujborg
Art Expert

I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)

Postby statik on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:08 pm

First off I think we can all agree Chuck is a piece of fudge. I know he's jealous as all hell that their mom had Jimmy as the favorite. Pretty cold to not tell him about her last words. To hold on to that grudge for how as long as he has though is unbelievable, especially when you consider all that Jimmy has done to take care of him.

That out of the way. The recording will go to court but it will not hold up. I think Ernesto is going to continue to defend Jimmy. Even though they have recorded evidence it will be chalked up to the fact that Jimmy was just telling his brother what he needed to hear to chill the drymount out. I think Jimmy will finally realize his brother could care less about him when he's willing to take him to court which could very well put him in jail. Fortunately for Jimmy, I think people will side with him because Chuck is a bit crazy.

Losing the case will be that final driving point that gives Chuck a heart attack. Ernesto will become someone Jimmy can trust which will eventually tie into him being apart of what Hector's business making him the future Gus. As for Mike, well he's been warned and I think they will realize they need someone like Mike to protect them. One big corrupted family. Jimmy will continue to protect their asses in criminal law because he can't be the good guy he tries to be living with the guilt of everything that happened to Chuck.
statik
Art Expert

drymount your sig!

Postby PrintNoob87 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:45 pm

I think it was heavily implied to people that watched Breaking Bad that Gus (or someone that works for Gus) was responsible for stopping Mike from icing Hector.

Also, I agree with the theory from the last page of Ernesto being related in some way to Gus. I don't think it's an accident that they cast someone that looks a lot like him, and that they have character dress like him and share all of the same mannerisms. Unless he's just a big ole red herring driving around a spiffy little whip.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby mahilgen on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:34 pm

I wonder when the temporary guardianship expires? Jimmy said "just to get you home," but if its officially still in effect when the recording is introduced...
mahilgen
Art Connoisseur

Postby matowest on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:36 pm

mahilgen wrote:I wonder when the temporary guardianship expires? Jimmy said "just to get you home," but if its officially still in effect when the recording is introduced...

Ahhhh, now that's something
matowest
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:59 pm

What are the odds we get another mostly turrible poster series to go along with this show?
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby partpat on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:00 pm

Codeblue wrote:What are the odds we get another mostly turrible poster series to go along with this show?

Yikes! Lets hope not!
partpat
Art Expert

Image ImageImage
alittle wrote:WILL SUCK DICK FOR DAL PRINTS.

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV