Marvel Cinematic Universe

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:16 pm

My TL;dr is that WB/DC always needed to cede creative control to one guy who has knowledge/love for the source material - they sorta did this with Snyder but he's no Kevin Feige (whose notes on Amazing Spider-Man 2 pretty much showed that he knew his comic book stuff), but otherwise everything they've done has screamed of executive meddling/too many cooks, including this "let's do multiple Joker movies because Scorsese is in on it" idea.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby 35mmpaul on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:18 pm

too many cooks....too many cooks...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby pjsteelerfan on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:19 pm

jkw3000 wrote:My TL;dr is that WB/DC always needed to cede creative control to one guy who has knowledge/love for the source material - they sorta did this with Snyder but he's no Kevin Feige (whose notes on Amazing Spider-Man 2 pretty much showed that he knew his comic book stuff), but otherwise everything they've done has screamed of executive meddling/too many cooks, including this "let's do multiple Joker movies because Scorsese is in on it" idea.

It seemed like WB/DC may have fixed this when they put Geoff Johns in charge. He is basically the Feige of DC. But I guess not.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Postby matowest on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Unless this is all some elaborate plot to have multiple versions of characters square off in some future Crisis movie...
matowest
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:30 pm

pjsteelerfan wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:My TL;dr is that WB/DC always needed to cede creative control to one guy who has knowledge/love for the source material - they sorta did this with Snyder but he's no Kevin Feige (whose notes on Amazing Spider-Man 2 pretty much showed that he knew his comic book stuff), but otherwise everything they've done has screamed of executive meddling/too many cooks, including this "let's do multiple Joker movies because Scorsese is in on it" idea.

It seemed like WB/DC may have fixed this when they put Geoff Johns in charge. He is basically the Feige of DC. But I guess not.

I thought the same too and hoped that was the case, but we haven't heard anything from him during this crazy cycle of new Joker movies and Affleck-leaving-Batman possibilities. Here we are, feeling like DC's a chicken with its head cut off...
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby Mapman on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:18 pm

I'm not even sure why I care that much since I'm mainly a marvel fan, but I liked where they were going with WW and Suicide Squad, even though I know most hated the Bat v Supes, I thought it was entertaining from a non DC fan POV. I guess I see it all already faltering before they even got the chance with JL and the recent Batman and Joker actor change news....
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:40 pm

I never want movies to be bad (unless they're entertaining bad, but that's a whole other reason) since it's gonna be a time and money investment. For however much I may end up looking like an MCU fanboy, TDK is still one of my favorite movies ever and I'd argue still the best superhero movie out there.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby Mapman on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:52 am

Ok, getting back to Marvel, anyone think after the last FF debacle it'll go back to Marvel, or they will let Marvel take the reins? Gawd I really just want some Silver Surfer & Galactus within the MCU!
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:56 am

Mapman wrote:Ok, getting back to Marvel, anyone think after the last FF debacle it'll go back to Marvel, or they will let Marvel take the reins? Gawd I really just want some Silver Surfer & Galactus within the MCU!

Nah, Fox would keep it just to handicap Disney. Shame since I'd agree with Galactus alone being worth it - only way you top Infinity War/Thanos is with the big guy.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby pjsteelerfan on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:02 am

Wish they would find a way to get the Fantastic Four back in the MCU. Fox could keep the mutants all to themselves.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Postby hunterjax on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:07 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
pjsteelerfan wrote:

I thought the same too and hoped that was the case, but we haven't heard anything from him during this crazy cycle of new Joker movies and Affleck-leaving-Batman possibilities. Here we are, feeling like DC's a chicken with its head cut off...

all of this.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby hunterjax on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:10 pm

pjsteelerfan wrote:Wish they would find a way to get the Fantastic Four back in the MCU. Fox could keep the mutants all to themselves.

it's also disappointing because Marvel, to spite Fox, has all but abandoned the FF in the comics. Maybe . . . maybe . . . they will have them come back in this Legacy thing they are doing, but I tend to doubt it.

Amazing that in a year celebrating Kirby's 100th birthday, Marvel doesn't have an FF book out.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby KSUvet on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:45 am

KSUvet
Art Expert

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi

Postby Mapman on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Anyone else excited about the prospect of the characters Fox owns reverting back to the MCU if they are bought out by Disney. Yea it would be cool to get the X-world and the FF back, but I just really want to see Galactus and Silver Surfer out in Marvels version of the cosmos! :shock:
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby pjsteelerfan on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:27 am

Mapman wrote:Anyone else excited about the prospect of the characters Fox owns reverting back to the MCU if they are bought out by Disney. Yea it would be cool to get the X-world and the FF back, but I just really want to see Galactus and Silver Surfer out in Marvels version of the cosmos! :shock:

Think Fox has done OK with the mutants for the most part. Would much rather see what Marvel could do with the Fantastic Four and the full range of the cosmos characters in the MCU.

Think this would be a long ways off either way should it happen.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV