Marvel Cinematic Universe

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby agr719 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Yeah, it looked like he disintegrated, but a space portal did seem to open up in the ship. I'm holding out hope that he was teleported somewhere and we'll see him again soon...
agr719
Art Expert

Image Image ImageImage
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.

Postby Mapman on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 pm

The bigger question would be if Hugo Weaving would come back or not? If he's not under contract still I suspect he's done with Marvel!
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby peacedog on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:27 pm

You turned my lemonade right back into a lemon. :?
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:34 pm

Mapman wrote:The bigger question would be if Hugo Weaving would come back or not? If he's not under contract still I suspect he's done with Marvel!

He's not under contract I think, but he's changed his tune from not being interested a couple years back to not closing the door.

"With Marvel, it’s pretty basic stuff: accept the deal and enjoy the ride. It’s not a major stretch for an actor, but on the other hand the difficulty with the Marvel universe is maintaining a link to a human dimension within such an extraordinary, technological CGI universe. In terms of me going back and doing another one, I don’t know. I’m not sure what they’re up to with the Red Skull."
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby Mapman on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:38 am

SOOOOO I know this isn't Marvel related, but what is up with DC changing the actors up for different movies now, and making them non canon to each other? That seems like a really odd decision seeing as how DC films have struggled and it is a path that has worked really well for Marvel so far.
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby matowest on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:46 am

Mapman wrote:SOOOOO I know this isn't Marvel related, but what is up with DC changing the actors up for different movies now, and making them non canon to each other? That seems like a really odd decision seeing as how DC films have struggled and it is a path that has worked really well for Marvel so far.

DCEU: "Overthinking It Since 2013"
matowest
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Mapman wrote:SOOOOO I know this isn't Marvel related, but what is up with DC changing the actors up for different movies now, and making them non canon to each other? That seems like a really odd decision seeing as how DC films have struggled and it is a path that has worked really well for Marvel so far.

My running theory is that the Justice League movie must be pretty bad, even to the WB execs, if they're trying to establish big superhero movie stuff that's not connected, directly or indirectly, to the DCEU. Oof.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby pjsteelerfan on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Think they are trying so hard not to be like Marvel, they are only hurting themselves. And they thought they could remake the Nolan movies for every character.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Postby Mapman on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Guess I was hoping for something similar to Marvel happening with DC, same actors across multiple films and keeping the larger story lines and themes consistent. :roll:
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby matowest on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:39 pm

The fact that they never wanted to incorporate their existing TV series' worlds into their movie world always seemed odd to me anyway.
matowest
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:44 pm

matowest wrote:The fact that they never wanted to incorporate their existing TV series' worlds into their movie world always seemed odd to me anyway.

Nah, it cuts for both Marvel and DC in that incorporating TV into the movie storylines is just really hard beyond Easter eggs. Even stuff that functioned in its own inherent universe like Star Wars, you'll get very little in the way of fully incorporating non-movie canon stuff like the comics of cartoons. Mainstream audiences that keep up with films don't necessarily keep up with ALL the stuff happening in tv, to say nothing of scheduling being a whole other thing.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby matowest on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:51 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
matowest wrote:The fact that they never wanted to incorporate their existing TV series' worlds into their movie world always seemed odd to me anyway.

Nah, it cuts for both Marvel and DC in that incorporating TV into the movie storylines is just really hard beyond Easter eggs. Even stuff that functioned in its own inherent universe like Star Wars, you'll get very little in the way of fully incorporating non-movie canon stuff like the comics of cartoons. Mainstream audiences that keep up with films don't necessarily keep up with ALL the stuff happening in tv, to say nothing of scheduling being a whole other thing.

True. Just seemed to me that something like The Flash was so well-received that it was odd to not lean on it when doing the JL. What world needs 2 Flashes?
matowest
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:54 pm

matowest wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:

True. Just seemed to me that something like The Flash was so well-received that it was odd to not lean on it when doing the JL. What world needs 2 Flashes?

Agreed.

What the world needs is 2 Jokers. Duh.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby matowest on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:55 pm

jkw3000 wrote:What the world needs is 2 Jokers. Duh.

This
matowest
Art Expert

Postby Mapman on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:03 pm

I get not mixing the TV and Cinematic worlds, but I think that they should keep the actors consistent within each.
Mapman
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV