Marvel Cinematic Universe

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby 35mmpaul on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:08 am

schmoff wrote:it also lists Yondu who is dead?

they did that in an effort to throw people off of guardians vol 2
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby pittidesart on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:22 am

schmoff wrote:so where/when can we talk spoilers?

You can now just start a thread and write SPOILERS in the title.
pittidesart
Art Expert

Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?

Postby cotis on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:26 pm

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... -3-1128786

James Gunn Fired as Director of 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'

James Gunn is exiting Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

The move comes after conservative personalities resurfaced old tweets in which the filmmaker joked about controversial topics such as pedophelia and rape. Gunn, who has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump, has since deleted his Twitter account.

"The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him," said Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn in a statement.

Before deleting his account, Gunn tweeted, "Many people who have followed my career know when I started, I viewed myself as a provocateur, making movies and telling jokes that were outrageous and taboo. As I have discussed publicly many times, as I’ve developed as a person, so has my work and my humor."

Gunn has been writing the script for Guardians 3, and the movie was expected to begin shooting in Atlanta in the fall for an expected 2020 release date, though Marvel Studios had never officially announced the date. The Guardians movies have been a massive success for Disney and Marvel. The first movie made more than $773 million worldwide while the second made $863 million. The films stood out from other Marvel movies as they were infused with Gunn's off-kilter filmmaking sensibilities that owed more to indie genre movies than slicker cookie cutter studio fare. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige had previously indicated that Gunn would continue to work with Marvel after Guardians 3 helping shepherd the cosmic side of the studio's universe.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:55 pm

cotis wrote:https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-exits-guardians-galaxy-vol-3-1128786

James Gunn Fired as Director of 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'

James Gunn is exiting Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

The move comes after conservative personalities resurfaced old tweets in which the filmmaker joked about controversial topics such as pedophelia and rape. Gunn, who has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump, has since deleted his Twitter account.

"The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him," said Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn in a statement.

Before deleting his account, Gunn tweeted, "Many people who have followed my career know when I started, I viewed myself as a provocateur, making movies and telling jokes that were outrageous and taboo. As I have discussed publicly many times, as I’ve developed as a person, so has my work and my humor."

Gunn has been writing the script for Guardians 3, and the movie was expected to begin shooting in Atlanta in the fall for an expected 2020 release date, though Marvel Studios had never officially announced the date. The Guardians movies have been a massive success for Disney and Marvel. The first movie made more than $773 million worldwide while the second made $863 million. The films stood out from other Marvel movies as they were infused with Gunn's off-kilter filmmaking sensibilities that owed more to indie genre movies than slicker cookie cutter studio fare. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige had previously indicated that Gunn would continue to work with Marvel after Guardians 3 helping shepherd the cosmic side of the studio's universe.

Wow! I'm shocked and saddened by this. The GUARDIANS franchise has really blown me away as I wasn't familiar at all with these characters prior to the films :o
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Stingers on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:17 pm

Good riddance imo. You can't say absolutely unfunny paedophilic comments when you're in a industry riddled with it, and expect it to not come back to bite you.
Stingers
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Stingers wrote:Good riddance imo. You can't say absolutely unfunny paedophilic comments when you're in a industry riddled with it, and expect it to not come back to bite you.

I'm not defending Gunn or his comments here at all but where is the statute of limitations? These tweets were 9/10 years ago. The same thing happened during the MLB All-Star game where reliever Josh Hader had made insensitive remarks in 2011 while he was still in high school. Now again, I'm not defending nor condoning what he tweeted, but how far back are we going to go with these things? Surely we've all said things we wish we could take back in our lives and I, like many people on here, would never be stupid enough to post them on social media (whether jokingly or not). But it seems like any sin one has committed in the past, no matter how long ago it was, could still be a punishable offense today. Can people not change/mature/grow up?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby binky79 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Disney wanted to fire him and the Tweets (that they definitely already knew about) were the best bullshit excuse they had. I assume he was really fired for being extremely politically outspoken on Twitter, because its the only reason that makes sense. You cant have your blockbuster producer/director face-of-your-franchise tweeting 30+ times a day about politics left/right/whatever. At some point you have to worry about the massive chunk of ticket buyers being alienated and weigh your options.
binky79
Art Expert

Postby Stingers on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
Stingers wrote:Good riddance imo. You can't say absolutely unfunny paedophilic comments when you're in a industry riddled with it, and expect it to not come back to bite you.

I'm not defending Gunn or his comments here at all but where is the statute of limitations? These tweets were 9/10 years ago. The same thing happened during the MLB All-Star game where reliever Josh Hader had made insensitive remarks in 2011 while he was still in high school. Now again, I'm not defending nor condoning what he tweeted, but how far back are we going to go with these things? Surely we've all said things we wish we could take back in our lives and I, like many people on here, would never be stupid enough to post them on social media (whether jokingly or not). But it seems like any sin one has committed in the past, no matter how long ago it was, could still be a punishable offense today. Can people not change/mature/grow up?

Of course we have all said things we would take back but we aren't all Directors of blockbusters either. There's no time limit on that fudge as far as I am concerned and anyone with half a brain knows digital lasts now. He's not a comedian making astute observations, he should have known better.
Stingers
Art Expert

Postby schmoff on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:27 pm

didn't disney make really really racist cartoons in the past?
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby Stingers on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:51 pm

They are far far from innocent. I don't like them either, but that's not the point.
Stingers
Art Expert

Postby finneganm on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:50 pm

This is dumb
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby dryerase on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:38 pm

dryerase
Art Connoisseur

Postby glenn1 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:54 pm

binky79 wrote:Disney wanted to fire him and the Tweets (that they definitely already knew about) were the best bullshit excuse they had. I assume he was really fired for being extremely politically outspoken on Twitter, because its the only reason that makes sense. You cant have your blockbuster producer/director face-of-your-franchise tweeting 30+ times a day about politics left/right/whatever. At some point you have to worry about the massive chunk of ticket buyers being alienated and weigh your options.

Have you checked Captain America's twitter feed?
glenn1
Art Expert

Postby chevyav53 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:37 am

some of you might enjoy WheresChappell's work work. Most recent is spidey. Great resins, hand painted.... gained some attention for his Childish Gambino piece but still under the radar and great prices for the work.
https://crackedhatchet.bigcartel.com/
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby schmoff on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:00 pm

SKRULLS finally in the MCU, can't wait for captain marvel!

fingers crossed for an eventual super skrull vs FF in the MCU
schmoff
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Cinema/TV