A Wretched Hive - The Star Wars Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Darkknight37 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:57 am

So I don't know about you guys, but the original Star Wars trilogy had a huge impact on me as a kid, and still does to this day! And with the new movies on the way I figured we might as well have a dedicated Star Wars movie thread.

OG trilogy, prequels :vomit: , or upcoming sequels, if it's about Star Wars it goes here. With that, welcome to the Wretched Hive!

Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby Darkknight37 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:01 am

So I'll start by saying that I am cautiously optimistic about the sequels. I think they have a lot of great talent involved and could turn out really cool. I do feel though that they might have been better off just doing completely new stories with only mentions or callbacks to the OG trilogy. It's a GALAXY, use it.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby schmoff on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:15 am

i'm psyched
schmoff
Art Expert

Image T.K.C.

Postby fanboy on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:19 am

Cautiously optimistic is also how I'm approaching the new films. I think it's a good chance that Disney and Abrams will have a much better set of films than the prequel garbage.
fanboy
Art Expert

ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.

Postby dasponyboy on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:22 pm

fanboy wrote:Cautiously optimistic is also how I'm approaching the new films. I think it's a good chance that Disney and Abrams will have a much better set of films than the prequel garbage.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Postby Celsius on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:33 pm

When you think about it, the prequels might be one the of the worst things to happen to mankind.
Celsius
Flipper

"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

Cyclops Print Works
http://www.cyclopsprintworks.com
http://www.twitter.com/cyclopsprints

Postby rmoore on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:37 pm

fanboy wrote:Cautiously optimistic is also how I'm approaching the new films. I think it's a good chance that Disney and Abrams will have a much better set of films than the prequel garbage.

I'm excited, but not following any of the details like I did with the prequels. That may change, however.

As for Abrams directing, I'll just say that if Star Trek was as good as these last two movies have been when I was a kid , I'd probably be a Star Trek fan right now.
rmoore
Art Expert

Postby captainhavoc on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:41 pm

I have no expectations.
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.

Postby jlabbate on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:57 pm

star wars junkie since I was 3...obviously excited for the new SW films..I like Abrams as the director for the first one, and I'm glad they brought in Lawrence Kasden to handle writing/rewrites :clap:
my one fear is Disney execs doing eveything they can to ensure this comes out in 2015..i'd rather they take thier time, make sure the script is solid and give Abrams the space he needs to make this a great film..last thing I want to see is a rushed SW film
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby rubberneck on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:37 pm

You already did...
rubberneck
Art God

Postby FreeTheWestMemphis3 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Celsius wrote:When you think about it, the prequels might be one the of the worst things to happen to mankind.

AIDS brother, AIDS then the Star Wars prequels.
FreeTheWestMemphis3
Art Expert

ErocAfellar wrote:Repubs don't want to cut government spending. They just want to cut government spending on things they don't agree with.

Postby Celsius on Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:03 pm

FreeTheWestMemphis3 wrote:
Celsius wrote:When you think about it, the prequels might be one the of the worst things to happen to mankind.

AIDS brother, AIDS then the Star Wars prequels.

Yeah, but not by a lot.
Celsius
Flipper

"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

Cyclops Print Works
http://www.cyclopsprintworks.com
http://www.twitter.com/cyclopsprints

Postby roydamnit on Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Happy Wookie Life Day to you all.
roydamnit
Art Connoisseur

Postby Darkknight37 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Getting away from the sequels, what was your first exposure to Star Wars?

Mine was when they had the release of the Special Editions starting back in '97 (I was 10). I'm sure I'd seen bits and pieces of the trilogy before that, but my folks taking me to see A New Hope in theaters definitely stands out the most. I remember the line for the screening we went to was out the doors.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:27 pm

I watched Star Wars iv last night for only the 2nd time in my life. It's the only SW I've seen. Watching Star Wars V tonight for the first time ever!
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Next

Return to Cinema/TV