A Wretched Hive - The Star Wars Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby schmoff on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:18 am

TKuczynski wrote:So, probably exclusive to Disney's upcoming streaming service right?

yes correct
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:17 am

So they're gonna "re-imagine" The Lion King? Laying even odds an ewok's involved.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby schmoff on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:36 am

Live action like they have been doing for alot of the Disney cartoons,
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:28 pm

Is it true that Meryl Streep is gonna play Leia? :rolling:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby SPAC04 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:26 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:RIP SW
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby peacedog on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:19 pm

I will admit, I'm very concerned about Chewie's well-being.
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby earlgreytoast on Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Caught last hour of Force Awakens last night and man oh man, what a load of fudge that RJ drymounted with Abrams like that. If you actually watch the 2 movies back to back now Last Jedi is literally like a parody. Force Awakens Solo death and Ren/Rey battle had some great tension and darkness. Last Jedi dashes that against a rock and goes for cheap laugh after cheap laugh. Lame.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby Devours on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:03 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Caught last hour of Force Awakens last night and man oh man, what a load of fudge that RJ drymounted with Abrams like that. If you actually watch the 2 movies back to back now Last Jedi is literally like a parody. Force Awakens Solo death and Ren/Rey battle had some great tension and darkness. Last Jedi dashes that against a rock and goes for cheap laugh after cheap laugh. Lame.

Very true. Last Jedi was an awful Star Wars film. Lacked cohesion and pulverized any kind of charisma from left over characters of AFA. JJ will have to erase the disrespectful and ridiculous storyline that RJ left smugly.

I really enjoyed the latest Solo trailer. Looks dirty and tactile like Rogue One, which I love.
Devours
Art Connoisseur

Postby hunterjax on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 am

Devours wrote:I really enjoyed the latest Solo trailer. Looks dirty and tactile like Rogue One, which I love.

Yeah, I liked the one before this too, because I thought it was a really well done trailer, but still wasn't sure I was sold on the movie. This was a good trailer and made me really excited for the movie. Still not quite sold on the kid playing Solo, but really, there was never going to be anyone able to fully pull off young Ford.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby rubberneck on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Sad Keanu and Sad Affleck get a new addition to the club...
rubberneck
Art God

Postby rubberneck on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Get our yer translators...

"Je me sens prisonnier"

http://www.lepoint.fr/pop-culture/cinem ... 6_2923.php

Rough translation:

It’s not just me. The fans would have wanted Luke’s fate to take another direction. I like being out of my comfort zone, but that was pretty extreme.“

Hamill admits that it was difficult to respect Johnson’s wishes because he feels, in a way, a “feeling of ownership” for Luke. “It’s hard. Fans have had such diverse reactions ranging from Star Wars 8 to being the best Star Wars of all time to ruining my childhood. But understand that I am only the assistant cook. The director creates the recipe, and I just run it as best I can so everyone thinks it’s the best thing you’ve ever had. The current trilogy is about the new generation” he says. “It always reflects an era. The movies say it: we must forget the past, kill it if you must.” You do not have to be an expert psychologist to understand that the actor does not really adhere to this vision of things.

Mark Hamill liked Rogue One but has one advice for Disney: they should slow down on the release schedule for the movies or else they might oversaturate the fans.

And finally Mark Hamill reveals that he still speaks regularlay to George Lucas:

“It will never be the same again without him. When I have George on the phone, we are talking about the 7th and the 8th movie. But I will not betray his trust and I will keep what he tells me confidential. I’m sure it was very hard for him to let go of his creation, just as it is for me to be part of something when he is no longer our guide. But you have to roll with the punches and hope for the best. Hope for the best, but expect the worst.“
rubberneck
Art God

Postby rubberneck on Thu May 03, 2018 7:56 am

Reminds me of why I loved AD (for the first 3 seasons anyway).
rubberneck
Art God

Postby RottenAtom on Thu May 03, 2018 8:37 am

Having a hard time mustering up any enthusiasm for Solo...
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Philpenn on Thu May 03, 2018 8:43 am

I'd be down if it was 150 minutes of a gigantic dirtbag in space, but I doubt The Mouse would go that route.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby rubberneck on Thu May 03, 2018 8:56 am

Kathleen Kennedy and the Mouse influence means rough gruff playboy Solo becomes more of a quirky misunderstood teen type with little or no sexual overtures.

Lando will be smooth/charming but not too dangerous or offensive either. This time round it appears her strong female character is personified in a new droid who works with Lando it appears.

No doubt Solos character arc will be influenced by the other two female characters who eventually teach him the 'error' of his ways, despite him having to be still rough around the edges in episode IV.
rubberneck
Art God

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV