Ray Donovan - Showtime

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby mfaith on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:02 pm

Official Trailer!
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby technique on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:14 pm

Can't wait
technique
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:19 pm

mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby mfaith on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:44 pm

Tonight! :pint:
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:06 pm

I am very happy this is back tonight! Previews of this season look excellent.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby mfaith on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Hah! I've been spinning Elton's Madman Across the Water record all week, and lo and behold, we got a Donovanified version of that album's title track in the closing credits last night. :D
Interesting to open the season with this sort of mystery around Abby.
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby mfaith on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:02 pm

The cover by Alison Scott (doesn't hold a candle to the original imho, but not bad)

And of course the original by the Rocket Man himself (well technically not the original original (it originally appeared on Tumbleweed Connection), but I like the one released on its own LP the following year)

And a lovely live version (doesn't have the killer orchestral accompaniment as the studio version, but does a nice job of showcasing Elton's magnificent piano skills)
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby mfaith on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:04 am

Wow, this second episode completely won me over. I wasn't too sure how I was liking the start of the new season from the premiere. But this week's episode completely redeemed it. Love the way they're slowly unfolding the story about Abby. Intermixing it with the introduction of the main "job" story thread.
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:26 pm

mfaith wrote:Wow, this second episode completely won me over. I wasn't too sure how I was liking the start of the new season from the premiere. But this week's episode completely redeemed it. Love the way they're slowly unfolding the story about Abby. Intermixing it with the introduction of the main "job" story thread.

The Abby line is definitely a surprise story arc and I am really enjoying how they are handling it. I am also interested in how "the guy" Bridget found fits into the story. Great start so far.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK

Postby readicculus86 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:11 am

I honestly thought I missed a season after the first episode. I was like wait, did Abby die already? I had to rewatch the last episode of last season to prove to myself :lol:
readicculus86
Art Expert

Postby Philpenn on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:05 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I am also interested in how "the guy" Bridget found fits into the story.

My guess is that dude is next in line for an organ or something, and Ray works his magic to cut Abby in front of him. Then Abby dies anyway, leaving said guy without enough time for another one to come around. Ray doesn't give a fudge, but Bridget just has to go digging.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby Philpenn on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:24 pm

^^ Eh eh?
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Somebody took their clairvoyance pills that day. :clap:
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby mfaith on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Holy fudge. Didn't expect what seems to be coming out in bits and pieces. You might have been wrong after all Philpenn. Looks like Terry might have somehow undone the surgery swap? Is that what we got a peak into last night? Fascinating. I love how they're rolling this story out. Allowing you to savor each moment. :pint:
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:27 pm

mfaith wrote:Holy fudge. Didn't expect what seems to be coming out in bits and pieces. You might have been wrong after all Philpenn. Looks like Terry might have somehow undone the surgery swap? Is that what we got a peak into last night? Fascinating. I love how they're rolling this story out. Allowing you to savor each moment. :pint:

I think it may just be that Terry and Bridgett more of a conscience than Ray, I think he was willing to do anything to save Abby. Also it looks like the whole family, minus Connor, had some part to play in getting Abby in the trial. I am also a big fan of the approach they are taking with the flashbacks intertwined with the current stuff.

The stuff with Micky, Bunch, Avi and the cop is an interesting side story, but I am really liking the Ray, Bridgett & Terry story better.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV