The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby downforcemedia on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:59 am

Saw Mission Impossible: Fallout this weekend. Really enjoyed it. Worth the $20 for IMAX.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

Postby whiskaz on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:29 am

downforcemedia wrote:Saw Mission Impossible: Fallout this weekend. Really enjoyed it. Worth the $20 for IMAX.

Looks pretty scary...
whiskaz
Art Expert

Postby simianfever on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:37 am

bmerwinsuwc wrote:I was really looking forward to "Demon House," but it was pretty weak. It's akin to the best episode of a ghost-hunting show… which still isn't saying much. It wasn't awful, but I'm glad I was able to catch it for free.

I'm with you. Watched Demon House on Prime over the weekend hoping for something interesting. I guess I've never caught that guy's show which probably would have saved me the 90 or so minutes. Like typical ghost hunting the movie came off as a bunch of fabricated nonsense.
simianfever
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:33 pm

Not sure how many Italian horror/giallo fans we have here but TORSO will be getting a release from Arrow Video in October. I'll be getting it for sure!

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative by Arrow Films

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of both versions of the film: the 94-minute Italian and 90-minute English cuts

• Original lossless Italian and English mono soundtracks*

• English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack

• New audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, author of All the Colours of Sergio Martino

• New video interview with co-writer/director Sergio Martino

• New video interview with actor Luc Merenda

• New video interview with co-writer Ernesto Gastaldi

• New video interview with filmmaker Federica Martino, daughter of Sergio Martino

• New video interview with Mikel J. Koven, author of La Dolce Morte: Vernacular Cinema and the Italian Giallo Film

• 2017 Abertoir International Horror Festival Q&A with Sergio Martino

• Italian and English theatrical trailers

• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabalais

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Adrian Smith and Howard Hughes * The English audio track on the original, longer cut has some portions of English audio missing. English audio for these sections was either never recorded or has been lost. As such, these sequences are presented with Italian audio, subtitled in English.

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/torso-arrow-us-blu-ray/
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:29 am

Some recent garbage I've seen so you don't have to:
Dead House: some cool practical effects, but otherwise pretty atrocious. Underdeveloped premise, unlikeable characters, and lots of overacting.
You Can't Kill Stephen King: a few fun references, but an otherwise very low-grade slasher with some awful acting.
Writer's Retreat: cool premise similar to Chuck Palahniuk's Haunted, but it's plodding and pretty much unwatchable. The few glimmers of horror are marred by the painful lulls in-between.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:07 pm

John Carpenter's THE FOG is getting a re-release in theaters with a new 4K resolution. It will open for limited runs at the Metrograph in New York, Landmark’s Nuart Theatre in Los Angeles, and the Music Box Theatre in Chicago. Additional screenings will occur during Halloween week throughout the Alamo Drafthouse circuit and other specialty theaters. I have an Alamo Drafthouse about 45 minutes away from me so I'm definitely going to try and catch this on the big screen!

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/john-carpenter-fog-re-release-1202896957/
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby rubberneck on Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Irishman12 wrote:John Carpenter's THE FOG is getting a re-release in theaters with a new 4K resolution. It will open for limited runs at the Metrograph in New York, Landmark’s Nuart Theatre in Los Angeles, and the Music Box Theatre in Chicago. Additional screenings will occur during Halloween week throughout the Alamo Drafthouse circuit and other specialty theaters. I have an Alamo Drafthouse about 45 minutes away from me so I'm definitely going to try and catch this on the big screen!

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/john-carpenter-fog-re-release-1202896957/

Needs a Proctor or Ortiz print.
rubberneck
Art God

Postby mliddell on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Saw this too and pre ordered. Love arrow they put out a bunch of good Giallo.

Irishman12 wrote:Not sure how many Italian horror/giallo fans we have here but TORSO will be getting a release from Arrow Video in October. I'll be getting it for sure!

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative by Arrow Films

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of both versions of the film: the 94-minute Italian and 90-minute English cuts

• Original lossless Italian and English mono soundtracks*

• English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack

• New audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, author of All the Colours of Sergio Martino

• New video interview with co-writer/director Sergio Martino

• New video interview with actor Luc Merenda

• New video interview with co-writer Ernesto Gastaldi

• New video interview with filmmaker Federica Martino, daughter of Sergio Martino

• New video interview with Mikel J. Koven, author of La Dolce Morte: Vernacular Cinema and the Italian Giallo Film

• 2017 Abertoir International Horror Festival Q&A with Sergio Martino

• Italian and English theatrical trailers

• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabalais

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Adrian Smith and Howard Hughes * The English audio track on the original, longer cut has some portions of English audio missing. English audio for these sections was either never recorded or has been lost. As such, these sequences are presented with Italian audio, subtitled in English.

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/torso-arrow-us-blu-ray/
mliddell
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:35 pm

mliddell wrote:Saw this too and pre ordered. Love arrow they put out a bunch of good Giallo.

I'll be getting it too but Amazon needs to reduce their price. They've got it now for presale at $39.95, although I'm sure between now and the release date it should go down.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby mliddell on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:55 pm

I think they usually do reduce it. I'll pre order and then i'll always get some pre order savings thing in my email.
mliddell
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Kinda horror-comedy, but still good. Ghosted was a fun series to watch, and it's streaming on Hulu. Fans of Adam Scott and Craig Robinson should check it out; good watch full of horror references (both overt and subtle).
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby jlabbate on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:44 am

Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich was leaps and bounds better than the last 10 or so sequels, but still pretty terrible
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby FrankBooth on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:41 pm

jlabbate wrote:Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich was leaps and bounds better than the last 10 or so sequels, but still pretty terrible

Quite gory as well
FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage Image

Postby jlabbate on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Saw Hereditary earlier..hadnt read any reviews and knew very little about the plot..complete misdirection on what i thought it would be..pleasantly surprised..one of the better horror movies in awhile..colette was aces
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:05 am

The Maus on Netflix is good.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV