The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby whiskaz on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:44 pm

Pascal Laugier's new flick, Ghostland, was decent. It wasn't on my radar at all and I was pleasantly surprised. Not groundbreaking but not terrible. I'm not a huge fan of Martyrs and The Tall Man was awful...

ETA, just saw a post for it...

HenryGaleWasHere wrote:Ghostland (or Incident in a Ghostland)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6195094/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Written/directed by the guy that wrote/directed Martyrs (not the remake), so I was intrigued. Creepy af and intense, curious if others have seen it.

Yep! And I agree... worth a watch...
Last edited by whiskaz on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:34 am

This looks so rad:

dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:19 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:This looks so rad:

Looks interesting. I'll keep my eye out for it. Did anyone see MOM AND DAD staring him and Selma Blair? If so, how was it?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby whiskaz on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:34 pm

Anyone tune in to Shudder for the Joe Bob Briggs marathon? Server issues made it kind of a bust but the movies are all available separately (with his commentary). Good stuff. I really hope the popularity of the event, in spite of the technical issues, means Joe Bob might come back for more. I've missed MonsterVision and Briggs makes a great horror host.

https://www.shudder.com/series/watch/th ... 9?season=1
whiskaz
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:58 pm

whiskaz wrote:Anyone tune in to Shudder for the Joe Bob Briggs marathon? Server issues made it kind of a bust but the movies are all available separately (with his commentary). Good stuff. I really hope the popularity of the event, in spite of the technical issues, means Joe Bob might come back for more. I've missed MonsterVision and Briggs makes a great horror host.

I never did get it working on my Google Chromecast, but heard it was fun.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby whiskaz on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:14 am

Definitely worth checking out the individual movies now that they're available.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:19 pm

whiskaz wrote:Definitely worth checking out the individual movies now that they're available.

Really excited to watch this even though I’ve seen all of the movies. Loved me some JBB.

Ghost stories is finally drymounting up. Excited to watch it tonight. Going to try and watch ghostland, the devils doorway and the crescent this weekend as well.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby mliddell on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 pm

whiskaz wrote:Anyone tune in to Shudder for the Joe Bob Briggs marathon? Server issues made it kind of a bust but the movies are all available separately (with his commentary). Good stuff. I really hope the popularity of the event, in spite of the technical issues, means Joe Bob might come back for more. I've missed MonsterVision and Briggs makes a great horror host.

Saw a good majority of it and been watching it off and on since. Thought it was awesome. Hope they do more things like this. A "USA Up all night" with Rhonda and Gilbert Godfrey or something would be fun. Got an email from Shudder today giving a free month for the issues too which was decent of them plus making them all available hopefully they stay on there.
mliddell
Art Expert

Postby whiskaz on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:42 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
whiskaz wrote:Definitely worth checking out the individual movies now that they're available.

Really excited to watch this even though I’ve seen all of the movies. Loved me some JBB.

Ghost stories is finally drymounting up. Excited to watch it tonight. Going to try and watch ghostland, the devils doorway and the crescent this weekend as well.

Watched Ghost Stories last night. Solid movie.

Pyewacket was a great recommendation. I loved it. It was kind of Hereditary-lite. Slow-burn, yea, but not over-long. Moved pretty quickly for me. I watched it after seeing Unfriended: Dark Web. Had to get the bad taste out of my mouth (more like Boring Web).

Also - Briggs is coming back! https://twitter.com/shudder/status/1020458068352651264
whiskaz
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Catching up on some Amazon Prime streaming stuff.
I was really looking forward to "Demon House," but it was pretty weak. It's akin to the best episode of a ghost-hunting show… which still isn't saying much. It wasn't awful, but I'm glad I was able to catch it for free.
"Living Dark: The Story of Ted the Caver" was a decent low-budget movie. I enjoyed the creepy pasta it's based on more than the film, but the look of the monsters was kinda cool.
Rewatched "The Loved Ones" for the first time in a long time. It's as awesome as I remember.
I'd heard of "Sleep Tight," but I'd never bothered to track it down. Despite being dubbed on Prime, I really enjoyed it. Definitely recommended.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:15 am

Anyone else watching Castle Rock? I'm liking it quite a bit after only the first episode… even if it has the stink of JJ Abrams ALL over it. :pint:
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:27 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:Anyone else watching Castle Rock? I'm liking it quite a bit after only the first episode… even if it has the stink of JJ Abrams ALL over it. :pint:

I plan on it. Are they releasing one episode a week? If so, I'll probably wait and just binge watch it when everything's been released.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:20 pm

They've released the first three episodes, and I believe they're releasing an episode a week thereafter. Based on the first 3, I think the flaws will actually be less obvious if it's not binged.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby Boognish23 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:13 am

Looking forward to this

Boognish23
Art Connoisseur

Postby brettlv5506 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:34 am

Watched Dead Night. It's a cool bizarro throwback with some gnarly practical effects.
brettlv5506
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV