The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:10 am

"Keep Watching" was a real slog. There was an amazing 20-minute short film in there, but the brief (like, literally individual shots etc.) moments of brilliance were too few, with great divides of tedium in between. I absolutely love home invasion films, but this one was predictable from literally the first five minutes. Hoping for better things from the Strangers sequel this weekend.
User avatar
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Postby duckyhoward on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:41 am

Recently watched Thelma - and thought it was pretty good.

https://letterboxd.com/film/thelma-2017/

Image
User avatar
duckyhoward
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3560
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:14 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.

Postby bryndavies on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:25 am

I enjoyed “Veronica”.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9804
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier
ImageT.K.C.

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:38 pm

Enjoyed "Nightworld," though that's mostly because I love any time Englund has a non-Freddy role.
Also made the mistake of watching the "Descent" sequels… so, you know, don't do that.
User avatar
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Postby Irishman12 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Has anybody seen BETTER WATCH OUT? I came across a trailer and it piqued my interest but was wondering if anybody had seen it and had anything positive or negative to say about it?
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby DonPiano on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:47 am

Any of you monkeys seen The Endless (or Spring for that matter)? I'll be interviewing the directors tomorrow.
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7974
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.
AB Film Review

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check


Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.

Postby andruw000 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:21 am

Irishman12 wrote:Has anybody seen BETTER WATCH OUT? I came across a trailer and it piqued my interest but was wondering if anybody had seen it and had anything positive or negative to say about it?


It's as if the trailer was filmed first, because the film deviates from it completely. It's closer to an R-rated Problem Child than Home Alone.
User avatar
andruw000
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:17 am

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:11 pm

andruw000 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Has anybody seen BETTER WATCH OUT? I came across a trailer and it piqued my interest but was wondering if anybody had seen it and had anything positive or negative to say about it?


It's as if the trailer was filmed first, because the film deviates from it completely. It's closer to an R-rated Problem Child than Home Alone.


Wow, that sucks. Pass on it then?
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:05 am

DonPiano wrote:Any of you monkeys seen The Endless (or Spring for that matter)? I'll be interviewing the directors tomorrow.


How did it go? I'm way too late but I talked to quite a few people at a festival about The Endless, haven't seen it myself but really want to. I've seen Spring
User avatar
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6484
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: Houston

Postby DonPiano on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:36 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
DonPiano wrote:Any of you monkeys seen The Endless (or Spring for that matter)? I'll be interviewing the directors tomorrow.


How did it go? I'm way too late but I talked to quite a few people at a festival about The Endless, haven't seen it myself but really want to. I've seen Spring


Great. They were really entertaining to talk to, so thoroughly enjoyed hearing how they made the film. The Endless is superb, very solid film that gets into its plot very quickly. If you like Spring, you'll enjoy The Endless.
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7974
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.
AB Film Review

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check


Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.

Postby RambosRemodeler on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Caught pyewacket last night. It’s directed by the dude who did back country a few years back. It is the slowest of slowest burns and I think a lot of people here will hate it but I thought it was drymounting incredible. I’ll post more once more people have seen it but I think it’s worth seeking out.


Watching Demon house tonight.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17758
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby bmd1191 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:39 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Caught pyewacket last night. It’s directed by the dude who did back country a few years back. It is the slowest of slowest burns and I think a lot of people here will hate it but I thought it was drymounting incredible. I’ll post more once more people have seen it but I think it’s worth seeking out.


Watching Demon house tonight.


Pyewacket sounds right up my alley. Love slow burn horror movies as long as there is a decent payoff. Gonna check it out tonight.

Update: Thought Pyewacket was drymounting great. Slow burn for sure, but I thought the acting was great and I was invested throughout. Thanks for mentioning it in this thread Rambo.
User avatar
bmd1191
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:35 am
Location: NJ
Image

Postby mliddell on Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:04 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Caught pyewacket last night. It’s directed by the dude who did back country a few years back. It is the slowest of slowest burns and I think a lot of people here will hate it but I thought it was drymounting incredible. I’ll post more once more people have seen it but I think it’s worth seeking out.


Watching Demon house tonight.


Also read some good things about pyewacket and will be watching that one.

I watched Argento's 117 full version of Phenomena. Always liked it but liked it even more this time around. Synapse did a great job on the audio and video.
User avatar
mliddell
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1242
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:36 pm
Location: MA

Postby pittidesart on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:43 am

Terrifer, was a good low budget throwback. I enjoyed it.
User avatar
pittidesart
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2873
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 pm
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?

Postby golobulus on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
andruw000 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Has anybody seen BETTER WATCH OUT? I came across a trailer and it piqued my interest but was wondering if anybody had seen it and had anything positive or negative to say about it?


It's as if the trailer was filmed first, because the film deviates from it completely. It's closer to an R-rated Problem Child than Home Alone.


Wow, that sucks. Pass on it then?


I think Better Watch Out is worth seeing once. It was entertaining and had some good twists, but I don't think there is much there to make it rewatchable.
User avatar
golobulus
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:47 pm
Location: Queen Creek, AZ

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArchibaldTuttle, MJGallicchio and 10 guests