The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:10 am

"Keep Watching" was a real slog. There was an amazing 20-minute short film in there, but the brief (like, literally individual shots etc.) moments of brilliance were too few, with great divides of tedium in between. I absolutely love home invasion films, but this one was predictable from literally the first five minutes. Hoping for better things from the Strangers sequel this weekend.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby duckyhoward on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:41 am

Recently watched Thelma - and thought it was pretty good.

https://letterboxd.com/film/thelma-2017/

duckyhoward
Art Expert

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.

Postby bryndavies on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:25 am

I enjoyed “Veronica”.
bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:38 pm

Enjoyed "Nightworld," though that's mostly because I love any time Englund has a non-Freddy role.
Also made the mistake of watching the "Descent" sequels… so, you know, don't do that.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Has anybody seen BETTER WATCH OUT? I came across a trailer and it piqued my interest but was wondering if anybody had seen it and had anything positive or negative to say about it?
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby DonPiano on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:47 am

Any of you monkeys seen The Endless (or Spring for that matter)? I'll be interviewing the directors tomorrow.
DonPiano
Art Expert

AB Film Review

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.

Postby andruw000 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:21 am

Irishman12 wrote:Has anybody seen BETTER WATCH OUT? I came across a trailer and it piqued my interest but was wondering if anybody had seen it and had anything positive or negative to say about it?

It's as if the trailer was filmed first, because the film deviates from it completely. It's closer to an R-rated Problem Child than Home Alone.
andruw000
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:11 pm

andruw000 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Has anybody seen BETTER WATCH OUT? I came across a trailer and it piqued my interest but was wondering if anybody had seen it and had anything positive or negative to say about it?

It's as if the trailer was filmed first, because the film deviates from it completely. It's closer to an R-rated Problem Child than Home Alone.

Wow, that sucks. Pass on it then?
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:05 am

DonPiano wrote:Any of you monkeys seen The Endless (or Spring for that matter)? I'll be interviewing the directors tomorrow.

How did it go? I'm way too late but I talked to quite a few people at a festival about The Endless, haven't seen it myself but really want to. I've seen Spring
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby DonPiano on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:36 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
DonPiano wrote:Any of you monkeys seen The Endless (or Spring for that matter)? I'll be interviewing the directors tomorrow.

How did it go? I'm way too late but I talked to quite a few people at a festival about The Endless, haven't seen it myself but really want to. I've seen Spring

Great. They were really entertaining to talk to, so thoroughly enjoyed hearing how they made the film. The Endless is superb, very solid film that gets into its plot very quickly. If you like Spring, you'll enjoy The Endless.
DonPiano
Art Expert

AB Film Review

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.

Postby RambosRemodeler on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Caught pyewacket last night. It’s directed by the dude who did back country a few years back. It is the slowest of slowest burns and I think a lot of people here will hate it but I thought it was drymounting incredible. I’ll post more once more people have seen it but I think it’s worth seeking out.

Watching Demon house tonight.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby bmd1191 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:39 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Caught pyewacket last night. It’s directed by the dude who did back country a few years back. It is the slowest of slowest burns and I think a lot of people here will hate it but I thought it was drymounting incredible. I’ll post more once more people have seen it but I think it’s worth seeking out.

Pyewacket sounds right up my alley. Love slow burn horror movies as long as there is a decent payoff. Gonna check it out tonight.

Update: Thought Pyewacket was drymounting great. Slow burn for sure, but I thought the acting was great and I was invested throughout. Thanks for mentioning it in this thread Rambo.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Postby mliddell on Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:04 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Caught pyewacket last night. It’s directed by the dude who did back country a few years back. It is the slowest of slowest burns and I think a lot of people here will hate it but I thought it was drymounting incredible. I’ll post more once more people have seen it but I think it’s worth seeking out.

Also read some good things about pyewacket and will be watching that one.

I watched Argento's 117 full version of Phenomena. Always liked it but liked it even more this time around. Synapse did a great job on the audio and video.
mliddell
Art Expert

Postby pittidesart on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:43 am

Terrifer, was a good low budget throwback. I enjoyed it.
pittidesart
Art Expert

Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?

Postby golobulus on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
andruw000 wrote:

Wow, that sucks. Pass on it then?

I think Better Watch Out is worth seeing once. It was entertaining and had some good twists, but I don't think there is much there to make it rewatchable.
golobulus
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV