The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby RambosRemodeler on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:47 am

The new cloverfield movie is easy to rip apart but for all its flaws, I still found it enjoyable. I was never bored. I wanted more time on earth though. The connection to the universe felt tacked on too. The strongest part of the film is the casting/acting.

Going to try to watch Veronica and keep watching this week.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby chisoxfan2424 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:15 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:The new cloverfield movie is easy to rip apart but for all its flaws, I still found it enjoyable. I was never bored. I wanted more time on earth though. The connection to the universe felt tacked on too. The strongest part of the film is the casting/acting.

Ya I found it enjoyable and had a great cast, that ending felt "added" but I have seen worse over the year
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...

Postby RambosRemodeler on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:32 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:The new cloverfield movie is easy to rip apart but for all its flaws, I still found it enjoyable. I was never bored. I wanted more time on earth though. The connection to the universe felt tacked on too. The strongest part of the film is the casting/acting.

Ya I found it enjoyable and had a great cast, that ending felt "added" but I have seen worse over the year

Haha yeah dude you have to wade through some pretty brutal fudge as a horror fan.

Saw Veronica. Been a fan a fan of Plaza since REC. He hits every single genre trope here but it all stills work. If you've seen any possession flick. Veronica doesn't bring anything new to the table but you actually care what happens to these characters. I thought the child actors were all fantastic. 3.5/5
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:29 pm

"The Ritual" was a solid watch, despite some cliches. Just wish there had been a bit more of the film's monster.
Really enjoyed "Tragedy Girls." Definitely a treat for fans of horror mixed with satire.

Also re-watched "American Mary," "Ravenous," "American Psycho," and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" for women in horror month. Gonna try to watch 28 films written or directed by women this month. "Jennifer's Body," "Ginger Snaps," and "Near Dark" later this week.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:40 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:"The Ritual" was a solid watch, despite some cliches. Just wish there had been a bit more of the film's monster.
Really enjoyed "Tragedy Girls." Definitely a treat for fans of horror mixed with satire.

Also re-watched "American Mary," "Ravenous," "American Psycho," and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" for women in horror month. Gonna try to watch 28 films written or directed by women this month. "Jennifer's Body," "Ginger Snaps," and "Near Dark" later this week.

Shocked you like tragedy girls. I drymounting hated it. Was really looking forward to it because I enjoyed patchwork but TG was brutal. Listening to them talk was like nails on a drymounting chalkboard
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:39 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
bmerwinsuwc wrote:"The Ritual" was a solid watch, despite some cliches. Just wish there had been a bit more of the film's monster.

Shocked you like tragedy girls. I drymounting hated it. Was really looking forward to it because I enjoyed patchwork but TG was brutal. Listening to them talk was like nails on a drymounting chalkboard

I can totally understand that. My lady HATED Tragedy Girls. I enjoyed the tone more than some aspects of the script. I thought having character-specific score and soundtrack was a great touch, I thought some of the joked were excellent, and a few of the references were a nice touch. And, honestly, it reminded me of some of my students in terms of how the main characters think of themselves as a brand, which was interesting to see in a movie like this.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:36 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:

I can totally understand that. My lady HATED Tragedy Girls. I enjoyed the tone more than some aspects of the script. I thought having character-specific score and soundtrack was a great touch, I thought some of the joked were excellent, and a few of the references were a nice touch. And, honestly, it reminded me of some of my students in terms of how the main characters think of themselves as a brand, which was interesting to see in a movie like this.

I thought that there were some interesting things going on and it was very topical but it never really came together for me.

I really liked the ritual. I thought most everything worked. I actually preferred that we didn't really get too much beast prior to the finale. There's a fine line there with showing too much or not enough and i'd much rather a director err on the side of caution and show some restraint than seeing the monster too much.

Going to watch still/born tonight. Looking forward to it.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Postby DonPiano on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:45 am

This is supposed to be really good.
DonPiano
Art Expert

The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:51 pm

DonPiano wrote:

Wow, nice. It certainly has my attention! No release date other than "coming soon"?
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:05 am

Irishman12 wrote:
DonPiano wrote:

Wow, nice. It certainly has my attention! No release date other than "coming soon"?

I loved Rabbit, maybe more so than others, but while some of the aspects are easy to see coming, I loved the reveals of other parts of it. Doesn't seem to be any US distribution for it yet unless I just can't find it.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:20 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:

Haha yeah dude you have to wade through some pretty brutal fudge as a horror fan.

Saw Veronica. Been a fan a fan of Plaza since REC. He hits every single genre trope here but it all stills work. If you've seen any possession flick. Veronica doesn't bring anything new to the table but you actually care what happens to these characters. I thought the child actors were all fantastic. 3.5/5

^ this just went up on netflix today.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:53 pm

MFA is now streaming on Amazon Prime. It's pat and predictable in some ways, but a good watch.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Most beautiful island is finally streaming. It’s on prime right now. It’s not going to be for everyone but it’s in my top 3 horror films from 2017.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Postby DonPiano on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:53 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
DonPiano wrote:

I loved Rabbit, maybe more so than others, but while some of the aspects are easy to see coming, I loved the reveals of other parts of it. Doesn't seem to be any US distribution for it yet unless I just can't find it.

Eventually. It had its festival run over in the US, then it'll be released here in Aus soon, and then back to the US for streaming. I imagine probably about May/June time.
DonPiano
Art Expert

The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.

Postby bryndavies on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:27 am

Agree. I enjoyed it.
bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV