The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:35 pm

golobulus wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
andruw000 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Has anybody seen BETTER WATCH OUT? I came across a trailer and it piqued my interest but was wondering if anybody had seen it and had anything positive or negative to say about it?

It's as if the trailer was filmed first, because the film deviates from it completely. It's closer to an R-rated Problem Child than Home Alone.

Wow, that sucks. Pass on it then?

I think Better Watch Out is worth seeing once. It was entertaining and had some good twists, but I don't think there is much there to make it rewatchable.

Nice, thanks!
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Finally saw "My Friend Dahomey" and really enjoyed it. Really interesting and well made movie.
Also saw Shape of Water again and loved it even more… despite its flaws.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:22 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:Finally saw "My Friend Dahomey" and really enjoyed it. Really interesting and well made movie.

Sweet, been looking forward to this. Just haven't found the time to watch it.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby andruw000 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:38 pm

bmd1191 wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Caught pyewacket last night. It’s directed by the dude who did back country a few years back. It is the slowest of slowest burns and I think a lot of people here will hate it but I thought it was drymounting incredible. I’ll post more once more people have seen it but I think it’s worth seeking out.

Watching Demon house tonight.

Pyewacket sounds right up my alley. Love slow burn horror movies as long as there is a decent payoff. Gonna check it out tonight.

Update: Thought Pyewacket was drymounting great. Slow burn for sure, but I thought the acting was great and I was invested throughout. Thanks for mentioning it in this thread Rambo.

Just finished Pyewacket. Great recommendation.
andruw000
Art Expert

Postby SPAC04 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:31 am

Finally watched US adaptation of LTROIn (Let Me In), better than i thought it would be. Didn't know Richard Jenkins was in it either, he is an actor i appreciate more since Bone Tomahawk.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:32 am

"A Quiet Place" is pretty great. I have some plot quibbles, but definitely worth catching in theaters.
Also finally watched "Never Hike Alone" and was surprisingly pleased. It helped that it's available for free on youtube.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby SPAC04 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:59 am

Looking forward to "A Quiet Place"...I've heard good things
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Friday the 13th is coming up. If you're putting together an F13 triple feature, which three do you watch?
This is the serious debate/argument happening in my house right now, so I'm curious what you all think.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby peacedog on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:52 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:Friday the 13th is coming up. If you're putting together an F13 triple feature, which three do you watch?
This is the serious debate/argument happening in my house right now, so I'm curious what you all think.

I or III
VI
Final chapter
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby andruw000 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:23 am

IV, VI, and VII are my favorites. Though if I was going to do a triple feature, I'd pick two of those and finish with Jason X (excellent score).
andruw000
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:50 pm

The original trilogy I always liked the best
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:59 pm

andruw000 wrote:IV, VI, and VII are my favorites. Though if I was going to do a triple feature, I'd pick two of those and finish with Jason X (excellent score).

I'm currently arguing for VI, VII, and X, since everyone will probably be pretty drunk by X, but the gf contends Part II HAS to be included.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby pittidesart on Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:02 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:Friday the 13th is coming up. If you're putting together an F13 triple feature, which three do you watch?

2/3/4 and with time: 6
pittidesart
Art Expert

Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?

Postby RambosRemodeler on Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:18 pm

pittidesart wrote:

2/3/4 and with time: 6

3 is the best in the series IMO. Body count is high and the movie is a lot of fun. It is the only one of the series I care enough to watch multiple times. Just never been a huge fan of them.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby bhutanpro on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:39 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:"A Quiet Place" is pretty great. I have some plot quibbles, but definitely worth catching in theaters.
Also finally watched "Never Hike Alone" and was surprisingly pleased. It helped that it's available for free on youtube.

Totally on the edge of my seat for most of this. Such a nice surprise. Highly recommend.
bhutanpro
Art Connoisseur

ImageImageImageImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV