The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby hunterjax on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Behind the Mask is really such a great movie. Is it streaming anywhere? I only have it on DVD . . .
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby RambosRemodeler on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:29 pm

hunterjax wrote:Behind the Mask is really such a great movie. Is it streaming anywhere? I only have it on DVD . . .

It's on prime or shudder. Watched it on one of them last night
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby jlabbate on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:03 pm

saw The Babysitter on the way into work this morning..fun flick :clap:
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Watched John Carpenter's THE FOG last night. Such a great movie. Simplistic in so many ways but still terrifying!
Last edited by Irishman12 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby mliddell on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:35 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Death Spa 4.5/5 - Holy got damn fudge I cannot believe I waited this long. It's a blast. (Prime)
Thirst (79?) 4/5 - Really interesting Australian vampire flick.
Behind the Mask (re-watch) 4.5/5 - one of my favorite modern slashers.

Good double feature check out Death Spa with "Killer Workout (Aka Aerobicide) http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Killer-Wo ... ay/127494/
mliddell
Art Expert

Postby AaronBKoontz on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:53 pm

My new feature just got announced on Entertainment Weekly. It's a self aware Horror-Comedy Anthology series called SCARE PACKAGE where each segment tackles and subverts a different horror trope.

It's going to be a ton of fun and I'll be excited for you all to check it out sometime next year.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/10/16/scare-package-horror-anthology-first-look/
AaronBKoontz
Art Connoisseur

I hate to sound condescending... which means to talk down to you by the way.

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Consuming so much horror this month has made me realize the utter dearth of good horror prints for numerous properties. Behind the Mask, The Descent, American Mary, and You're Next all need good prints.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:59 pm

AaronBKoontz wrote:My new feature just got announced on Entertainment Weekly. It's a self aware Horror-Comedy Anthology series called SCARE PACKAGE where each segment tackles and subverts a different horror trope.

It's going to be a ton of fun and I'll be excited for you all to check it out sometime next year.

Whoa! Congrats, man. Also, I had no idea you directed Camera Obscura. I really dug that film a lot (For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's, like, $4 on Amazon and definitely worth it; awesome concept and excellent execution)
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby FrankBooth on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Really cool, I love Anthology series!
FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage Image

Postby mliddell on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:44 pm

AaronBKoontz wrote:My new feature just got announced on Entertainment Weekly. It's a self aware Horror-Comedy Anthology series called SCARE PACKAGE where each segment tackles and subverts a different horror trope.

Congrats.
mliddell
Art Expert

Postby hunterjax on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:01 pm

jlabbate wrote:saw The Babysitter on the way into work this morning..fun flick :clap:

Yep, watched it last night. Not a McG fan generally, but it was pretty pretty pretty good.

Like someone else said, nice to have a movie where I don't hate all the teen actors.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Saw TERROR TRAIN again last night. Honestly, I feel it's an underrated movie. It's not anything fantastic but something about it just draws me to it. For Jamie Lee Curtis, I think it's her second best horror movie behind HALLOWEEN (or at least my second favorite anyway). I'm going to watch PROM NIGHT tonight.

Anyone ever see ROAD GAMES with Jamie Lee in it? I'd never heard of it until a few weeks ago but some include it as part of her horror movie past.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby mliddell on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Saw TERROR TRAIN again last night. Honestly, I feel it's an underrated movie. It's not anything fantastic but something about it just draws me to it. For Jamie Lee Curtis, I think it's her second best horror movie behind HALLOWEEN (or at least my second favorite anyway). I'm going to watch PROM NIGHT tonight.

Anyone ever see ROAD GAMES with Jamie Lee in it? I'd never heard of it until a few weeks ago but some include it as part of her horror movie past.

Terror Train is real fun.

Road Games is good too. Directed by Richard Franklin (Psycho II, Cloak and dagger) . Also mentioned on the Machete Maidens Unleashed doc too. That would make a good double feature with Prom Night for an Jamie Lee Curtis horror/80s double feature. Needs a US blu ray release by someone like Shout factory or Arrow. Though, I do believe there is an Australian Blu ray that is region free out there.
mliddell
Art Expert

Postby AaronBKoontz on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:40 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:
Whoa! Congrats, man. Also, I had no idea you directed Camera Obscura. I really dug that film a lot (For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's, like, $4 on Amazon and definitely worth it; awesome concept and excellent execution)

Thanks man! I really appreciate the kind words.

There was a lot packed into that little film so when people get it and it resonates with them it's a really cool thing to see.

We'll be coming to Red Box next month and have a Blu/DVD release soon after as well. Should be a lot of fun BTS and hidden gems in there. I'll send you a copy when they come in this December. Just remind me when you see it out and PM me your address.
AaronBKoontz
Art Connoisseur

I hate to sound condescending... which means to talk down to you by the way.

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:16 pm

mliddell wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Saw TERROR TRAIN again last night. Honestly, I feel it's an underrated movie. It's not anything fantastic but something about it just draws me to it. For Jamie Lee Curtis, I think it's her second best horror movie behind HALLOWEEN (or at least my second favorite anyway). I'm going to watch PROM NIGHT tonight.

Terror Train is real fun.

Road Games is good too. Directed by Richard Franklin (Psycho II, Cloak and dagger) . Also mentioned on the Machete Maidens Unleashed doc too. That would make a good double feature with Prom Night for an Jamie Lee Curtis horror/80s double feature. Needs a US blu ray release by someone like Shout factory or Arrow. Though, I do believe there is an Australian Blu ray that is region free out there.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to see if I can find ROAD GAMES. So far this is what I've been able to watch this month:

1) HALLOWEEN
2) HALLOWEEN II
3) HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH
4) HALLOWEEN 4: THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS
5) HALLOWEEN 5: THE REVENGE OF MICHAEL MYERS
6) HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS
7) HALLOWEEN: H2O
8 ) HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION
9) ROB ZOMBIE'S HALLOWEEN
10) ROB ZOMBIE'S HALLOWEEN II
11) THE FOG
12) TERROR TRAIN
13) PROM NIGHT

If I have the time I'd like to be able to get through some Dario Argento as well such as DEEP RED, SUSPIRIA, INFERNO, TENEBRE, PHENOMENA, and OPERA.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV