The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby bmd1191 on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:06 am

Blair Witch was horrible. I guess I had a little hope with Wingard at the helm, but I really disliked it.

Going to watch Autopsy of Jane Doe tonight and I hope it makes up for it.
bmd1191
Art Connoisseur

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:27 pm

Jane Doe light years better than Blair Witch imo
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby bmd1191 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:47 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Jane Doe light years better than Blair Witch imo

I agree wholeheartedly. I thought Jane Doe was great.
bmd1191
Art Connoisseur

Postby RambosRemodeler on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:34 pm

There's a lack of the eyes of my mother love in this thread and I don't like it
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby bmd1191 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:52 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:There's a lack of the eyes of my mother love in this thread and I don't like it

Look's pretty interesting. I'll give it a watch soon.
bmd1191
Art Connoisseur

Postby FrankBooth on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Really dig Mick's interviews.

FrankBooth
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Autopsy of Jane Doe was pretty amazing. Eyes of my Mother is definitely worth a watch, and I am not a Serial Killer was surprisingly satisfying.
In other news, I watched Conjuring 2 again after seeing it pop up on so many best-of lists. It's still a boring, plodding, bloated piece of fudge.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby bryndavies on Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:17 pm

I quite enjoyed autopsy of Jane doe. Watched Shelly on Netflix last night and found that pretty damn good as well.
bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:24 pm

"No One Lives" was better than it had any right to be. Watching "Tales of Halloween" tonight.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:39 pm

bmerwinsuwc wrote:Autopsy of Jane Doe was pretty amazing. Eyes of my Mother is definitely worth a watch, and I am not a Serial Killer was surprisingly satisfying.
In other news, I watched Conjuring 2 again after seeing it pop up on so many best-of lists. It's still a boring, plodding, bloated piece of fudge.

The best part about conjuring 2 was just how relentless it was. There were so many times I was taken completely out of the movie though. The biggest offender was a certain CGI character in the middle of the movie. I didn't hate it but I didn't love the movie either. The first one is still one of my favorite modern horror flicks.

I drymounting loved Jane Doe. The only real issue I had with the movie was the last 20 minutes or so. Every thing up to that point was phenomenal. The characters had depth and the chemistry between cox/hirsch was fantastic. Definitely one of the best horror flicks of the year. fudge it is one of my favorite movies of the year from any genre.

I am not a serial killer was so good. Went in with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Loved Lloyd in it.

There's still quite a few horror flicks I need to catch but right now I'd say my top 5 is : 1. The Wailing 2. Eyes of my Mother 3. Jane Doe 4. 10 cloverfield lane 5. a lot of flicks I wanna put in this spot. Can't decide between under the shadow/ouija/don't breathe/the invitation

Watched pet last night. It was a mess but i thought the female lead was fantastic.

Did anyone here catch follow or the windmill massacre?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby RambosRemodeler on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:41 pm

bryndavies wrote:I quite enjoyed autopsy of Jane doe. Watched Shelly on Netflix last night and found that pretty damn good as well.

Still need to watch shelly, i am the pretty thing, demon, the monster, train to busan and a few others. Hoping to burn through them this week. Good to hear shelly was worth a watch.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:06 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
bmerwinsuwc wrote:Autopsy of Jane Doe was pretty amazing. Eyes of my Mother is definitely worth a watch, and I am not a Serial Killer was surprisingly satisfying.

The best part about conjuring 2 was just how relentless it was. There were so many times I was taken completely out of the movie though. The biggest offender was a certain CGI character in the middle of the movie. I didn't hate it but I didn't love the movie either. The first one is still one of my favorite modern horror flicks.

By "relentless" do you mean long? :P I absolutely love the first Conjuring, but the sequel didn't seem to know what movie it wanted to be; I'm always in favor of giving time to characters and letting a plot build, evolve, and play out, but holy Hell was I bored by that movie. There's a few great moments sprinkled in there, but all of the character's decisions seemed to be based on the fact the characters knew they were in a movie and had to make decisions based on the script they were in rather than being smart or logical.

Watching "Pet" tonight.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby whiskaz on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Jane Doe was great for the first 20-30 minutes. I wasn't crazy about the "reveal" or anything that followed. Still totally worth a watch though.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:56 pm

Blair Witch was… vaguely watchable. Personal theory: would have made a cool 20-minute short film with a non-linear storyline and various reveals placed out of order.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby inkedup on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:12 am

Watched "The Monster" last night. Pretty solid movie, had some good suspenseful moments which seem to be lacking in most current horror films, the ending could of been better though.
inkedup
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV