The Official Horror Movie Thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby RambosRemodeler on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:44 am

Has anyone here seen Veronica yet? New flick from Paco Plaza (Rec/Rec 2)
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby peacedog on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:46 pm

mliddell wrote:Anyone watch any Christmas or cold weather horror this month?

I watched Shredder again, which might be my new favorite snowtime slasher film. Slashing by the Skier's Responsibility Code is great stuff. And the absolute best "it's not what it looks like" scene ever.

SPAC04 wrote:also watched "Split" which I found to be pretty good on a technical level considering M.Night's previous films (James Mcavoy did a great job imo)

I watched this last night finally, right up there with my favorites of Shyamalan's. He can definitely be hit or miss for me. McAvoy's performance was great, I was curious how much of his final transformation was him vs. cgi effects. It did seem a bit odd to me that you'd have someone with Kevin's history working there and no one would be keeping a little closer eye on him (especially with the walkie incident) but I was willing to let that slide.
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby bmd1191 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:25 am

mliddell wrote:Anyone watch any Christmas or cold weather horror this month?

Watched "Better Watch Out" which I think is during Christmas time. I thought it was an interesting concept, but I thought the acting was pretty bad. Didn't really care what was happening for the most part. But def agree with people that the trailer and synopsis of the movie are very misleading to what the movie is actually about.

Also watched "A Cure for Wellness" I liked the story, and it kept my interest for the whole movie. The cinematography was top notch and had beautiful shots in it. The music was great and so was the acting. The movie was good, but it had the potential to be great. I'm trying to figure out what about it made it kind of lackluster. I feel it was a little long and maybe the pacing was off. A decent movie for sure though.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:47 am

dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Still stuff I have to see from 2017 like Double Date, Revenge, The Crescent etc but heres my favorite horror flicks from 2017 : 1. Raw, 2. A Dark Song 3. The Void 4. Hounds of Love 5. Most Beautiful Island

Also just watched Radius and Happy Death Day. Radius had an interesting premise but some pretty terrible acting and being about 20 min too long definitely hurt it. Felt like a really really long TZ episode. Happy Death Day with ugly Blake Lively was fun. Not nearly as bad as I expected it to be but its not something I would ever recommend or watch again either. That last 20 minutes is pretty got damn terrible.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Caught up on a few things this week:
I really enjoyed Channel Zero: Candle Cove. It has some writing and pacing problems, but it suitably creeped me the Hell out.
Shape of Water was more than worth the hour I had to travel to see it. Favorite DelToro by far.
Mayhem was a really fun, funny watch.
Rewetted IT (2017) and liked it even more on a subsequent viewing.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby SPAC04 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:21 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:

Love "Hellraiser", in the age of unnecessary reboots its about time imo
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:10 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Still stuff I have to see from 2017 like Double Date, Revenge, The Crescent etc but heres my favorite horror flicks from 2017 : 1. Raw, 2. A Dark Song 3. The Void 4. Hounds of Love 5. Most Beautiful Island

Solid list. And the top 3 are all streaming on Netflix right now. Just watched Hounds of Love the other night on Hulu and highly recommend it.
Is Most Beautiful Island easily available anywhere? Haven't even heard of that one.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby peacedog on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:13 pm

SPAC04 wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:

Love "Hellraiser", in the age of unnecessary reboots its about time imo

The last couple have been lack luster at best, imo. Stick to the formula.
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Mom and dad was a lot of fun. I’d recommend it.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:17 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Mom and dad was a lot of fun. I’d recommend it.

Loved the premise more than the final product, but definitely worth a watch.

Watched Open House (streaming on Netflix) this week, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I was really enjoying it until the last 20 minutes; curious what others think about it.
Enjoyed 47 Meters Down more than I thought I would, though it's definitely not a "good" movie.
Watching "It Stains the Sands Red" tomorrow.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:24 pm

Finally got to catch The Shape of Water and totally loved it. Also glad I saw it on the big screen.
Sidenote: if you think teenagers are annoying in movie theaters, try watching Shape of Water in a theater filled with people in their 50s and 60s, most of whom seemed confused, befuddled, or horrified… at least based on the conversations and exclamations that wouldn't drymounting stop. I've never been so close to telling a 60 year-old woman to shut the drymount up or leave the theater.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby bmd1191 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:10 pm

This fudge looks wild. Also got rave reviews at Sundance.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Postby bmerwinsuwc on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:57 pm

bmd1191 wrote:

This fudge looks wild. Also got rave reviews at Sundance.

This trailer looks intriguing, and I'm definitely down for anything A24 does at this point. That being said, this studio's "horror" films are often pretty light on any actual horror. Hopefully, like the Green Room trailer, this only hints at the insanity of the film. Trying to keep expectations in check, as I'm inherently distrustful of anything that most critics claim to be "horrifying."
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Postby jlabbate on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:57 am

Victor Crowley aka Hatchet 4 was utter garbage :vomit:
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV