My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:38 am

So there's going to be a "new era" in WWE where Vince, Shane, HHH and Stephanie actually listen to the fans? I won't hold my breath. But they needed to do something. Last week's episode was the lowest of the year and it was terrible. I was bored just with the opening segment with Corbin and Rollins. Plus, I've heard when Smackdown moves to Fox, Fox is expecting them to bring in a minimum rating of 3.3 (which currently, Smackdown does about a 2.5 or lower). Also, some new names from NXT are coming up. We've seen the videos for Lars Sullivan for weeks now but also announced are EC3, Nikki Cross, Heavy Machinery and Lacey Evans.

As for TLC, I only watched the 2 women matches as they were all that interested me. Sad to see Becky lose the belt but looking forward to the program they're building with her and Ronda that'll culminate at WrestleMania next year.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Looks like Braun isn't cleared to wrestle. I feel bad for him but honestly, I'm glad Balor is facing Brock. I was upset when Finn had to drop the title right after winning it because Rollins injured him on Raw the night after he won it. I hope he can beat Brock and reclaim it but I don't know what plans they have for Brock heading in to WrestleMania?

On a separate note, the women's tag titles looked pretty decent and it was nice finally seeing the NXT callups on camera after hyping them up for weeks (although noticeable missing was Lars Sullivan). Rumor is he was supposed to be on Raw and Smackdown last week but skipped due to panic attacks. Some said he was backstage and then flew home to Colorado while others say he never left Colorado and wasn't at either show. In any case, I wish him well also and hope he can deal with these attacks while on the main roster.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:07 pm

So, does Balor break out the daemon for Lesnar?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:53 pm

I doubt it. I don't understand why but it seems they're moving away from the Demon character?

Speaking of Balor, did anyone watch NXT UK Takeover Blackpool? Nice cameo by Balor and I'd been secretly looking forward to a match between him and Jordan Devlin. Two Irish wrestlers going at it. Overall, it wasn't a bad Takeover and I was glad to see Toni Storm win the title!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:23 am

this thread is under Cinema/TV ... been looking through Sports section for 5 minutes, thought thread was gone :roll:

anyway...

Takeover stole the weekend (again). all matches on the card were better than anything else done this weekend, it's insane. they just pump out incredible matches, stories, characters, etc and really shine above all the rest. I know WWE has sponsors to uphold agreements with and fudge like that, but wow is it apples/oranges at this point.

Rumble: Asuka/Becky, Sasha/Ronda, & Womens Rumble were best matches of the night. followed close by Brock/Finn & AJ/DB due to their screwy finishes. Ronda & Becky really are gonna main event Mania which is tremendous. good for them. Men's rumble was trash... who wants to see Shelton Benjamin anymore? :lol:
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Creation88 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:21 pm

totally agree. NXT is by far the best brand. phenomenal showing again. that Gargano/Ricochet match was just ridiculous.

the RR was a slug. way too long of a show. the women's rumble felt long and tedious and the mens was worse. there were some questionable entries into the Men's RR. Hawkins? WTF? both endings to both rumbles were overproduced. Rollins hurt, comes back, etc etc, Lana being hurt etc etc. too much overthinking.
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:26 pm

Agree with both of you. NXT always takes the cake when they compete against the main roster. Last night was too predictable. Glad Becky won however and looking forward to her and Ronda squaring up at WrestleMania. Just hope the rest of the card is good. Rumors are Ronda might be leaving after Mania (I hope not). Have also heard rumors it's gonna be a three way match: Ronda/Becky/Charlotte.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:37 pm

Tickets came in today for NXT, WM, & Raw and we booked our air b&b last night. I'm officially on my road to WrestleMania. The only thing left to do is superkick Nia Jax in the face.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:34 am

NXT was hella fun this past weekend. War Raiders ruled. Probably my favorite match from this past weekend.

RR was pretty fun, too, but bummed Valenteen Dream didn't make an appearance at RR.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:14 pm

Dean Ambrose is leaving the WWE when his contract expires in April. Good, never been a fan of his.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:16 pm

Dean Ambrose is leaving the WWE when his contract expires in April. Good, never been a fan of his.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:29 pm

I've always like Ambrose, I've just hated the way he's been used most of the time. I'm bummed to see him go, but I'll be excited if he pops up somewhere else and is used better. Also, I'm not convinced this isn't a work. When has WWE ever announced that someone is leaving 3 months ahead?
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:58 pm

True, don't really see the benefit of it being a work though. Looked like Dean was gonna announce it to the crowd on Monday before Nia and Tamina interrupted him. Heard WWE offered him a 5 year deal worth 7 figures yearly. Hearing AEW could be after him when he leaves.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:40 pm

Hall of Fame rumors for this year: The Undertaker, Bam Bam Bigelow and The Hart Foundation (Bret, Jimmy Hart and Anvil)
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:05 pm

Anybody else unimpressed with Sunday's PPV? I'm seriously considering skipping it and watching the NBA All-Star game. The Chamber and Fastlane PPV's are such a waste of time because WWE pumps the Royal Rumble up so much "on the road to WrestleMania" that some of these matches are pointless. Like Ronda's really gonna drop the title to Ruby Riott on Sunday and lose her spot in the main event at WrestleMania. Give me a break. Really the only match I'm semi-curious about is who'll be crowned the first ever Women's Tag Team champions? Other that than, this looks pretty dreadful:

-Daniel Bryan (c) vs. AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kofi Kingston
-Nia Jax and Tamina vs. The Riott Squad (Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan) vs. Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville vs. The IIconics (Billie Kay and Peyton Royce) vs. Bayley and Sasha Banks vs. Naomi and Carmella
-The Miz and Shane McMahon (c) vs. The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso)
-Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Akira Tozawa
-Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Ruby Riott
-Bobby Lashley (c) and Lio Rush vs. Finn Bálor
-Braun Strowman vs. Baron Corbin
Irishman12
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV