My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:38 am

So there's going to be a "new era" in WWE where Vince, Shane, HHH and Stephanie actually listen to the fans? I won't hold my breath. But they needed to do something. Last week's episode was the lowest of the year and it was terrible. I was bored just with the opening segment with Corbin and Rollins. Plus, I've heard when Smackdown moves to Fox, Fox is expecting them to bring in a minimum rating of 3.3 (which currently, Smackdown does about a 2.5 or lower). Also, some new names from NXT are coming up. We've seen the videos for Lars Sullivan for weeks now but also announced are EC3, Nikki Cross, Heavy Machinery and Lacey Evans.

As for TLC, I only watched the 2 women matches as they were all that interested me. Sad to see Becky lose the belt but looking forward to the program they're building with her and Ronda that'll culminate at WrestleMania next year.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Looks like Braun isn't cleared to wrestle. I feel bad for him but honestly, I'm glad Balor is facing Brock. I was upset when Finn had to drop the title right after winning it because Rollins injured him on Raw the night after he won it. I hope he can beat Brock and reclaim it but I don't know what plans they have for Brock heading in to WrestleMania?

On a separate note, the women's tag titles looked pretty decent and it was nice finally seeing the NXT callups on camera after hyping them up for weeks (although noticeable missing was Lars Sullivan). Rumor is he was supposed to be on Raw and Smackdown last week but skipped due to panic attacks. Some said he was backstage and then flew home to Colorado while others say he never left Colorado and wasn't at either show. In any case, I wish him well also and hope he can deal with these attacks while on the main roster.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:07 pm

So, does Balor break out the daemon for Lesnar?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:53 pm

I doubt it. I don't understand why but it seems they're moving away from the Demon character?

Speaking of Balor, did anyone watch NXT UK Takeover Blackpool? Nice cameo by Balor and I'd been secretly looking forward to a match between him and Jordan Devlin. Two Irish wrestlers going at it. Overall, it wasn't a bad Takeover and I was glad to see Toni Storm win the title!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Cinema/TV