My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Wonder if Nia Jax was/is pissed about not being in the title chase and worked a little stiff? In the replays you can see pretty clearly after it happened - Becky wiping her nose and face, but it is hard to see the moment it happened. With all the bumps these guys and gals take, I am surprised there are not more concussions.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby cotis on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:10 pm

lil stiff.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Dang, Nia just leveled her!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby chalkdust on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:47 pm

just watched that Raw, wow that was some bad ass fudge. Bravo, BL! :clap:
chalkdust
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:52 pm

After watching that a few times, it looks like Lynch may have scratched/slapped Jax's face with her left hand as she was coming in to throw down. Jax may have just reacted out of instinct, but holy fudge, that was a lot stiff! Jax didn't even pause after connecting with that right cross.

No idea how to embed a twitter video, so you can follow this link for a clear shot of Jax hitting Lynch. Might be able to make a case of just a botched punch, but that looks deliberate to me - she didnt even try to pull that punch.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1062511966927884289
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:05 am

Word is Nia's getting some heat backstage because of this. It sucks that Becky won't be able to compete on Sunday as that was really the only match I was looking forward to. Charlotte/Ronda is a great substitute, however, I'm a little surprised as I had heard they were saving this for WrestleMania. In any case, still the only match I'm looking forward to. NXT only has 4 matches instead of the traditional 5. More time will be given to each and it'll blow past Survivor Series.

Anyone else watching NXT UK? I haven't been that in to it but the 2 episodes that dropped yesterday were pretty good.

Also, yes, I'll be checking this out

Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Once again NXT steals the weekend with another outstanding TakeOver. I wasn't sure if only 4 matches would be enough to fill the PPV and even though they did technically have 5 matches (the Riddle/Ohno squash match that it was), I think I preferred having 4 longer matches. Each one added their own unique element. For the women's title match, I usually detest seeing the same match over and over again, however, I've really bought in to the Baszler/Sane rivalry and feel it still has legs. Looking forward to seeing Baszler/Duke/Shafir take on Sane/Shirai/Kai in the near future. And I know it's way too soon but part of me is secretly hoping to see Asuka/Sane/Shirai form a stable when Sane/Shirai get on the main roster. Match of the night for me was the Velveteen Dream vs. Tommaso Ciampa match. Absolutely loved the tribute Dream gave to Hollywood Hogan last night and felt it was appropriate with them being in LA. He's already done a tribute to Macho Man so I guess this might be a thing going forward with his TakeOver appearances? If so, I look forward to the next!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:05 am

Survivor Series TLDR:

can't help but think this is the equivalent of whoever gets beat down on the go-home show of a PPV, likely will be winning. Smackdown jobs to Raw at Survivor Series, but gets the biggest upgrade at Superstar Shakeup, leading into the FOX TV deal.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Thank goodness that's over. Bryan/Brock match wasn't bad. Charlotte/Ronda was the only one entertaining. The rest I was completely bored with. It's a shame because I used to look forward to Survivor Series. Now I just dread it. And from the looks of the TLC card, it doesn't look much better so far.

Also, I didn't see anything I liked but Gallery 1988 is currently running a WWE exhibit:

https://nineteeneightyeight.com/
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:50 pm

Didn't figure it was going to be a good show. I can't remember when they had a show with more than 1 or 2 good matches. Actually ended up cancelling my subscription after the Saudi show.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:28 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Actually ended up cancelling my subscription after the Saudi show.

Wow, that bad, huh?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Woo5lscott on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm

I haven’t watched the WWE since the last set greats left
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Postby Creation88 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:42 am

i quit RAW for good after last night's first hour. i skipped last week bc i heard it as the "worst RAW ever" and this week they followed it up with 2 out of 3 segments from last week in the 1st hour this week. gtfo.
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Yeah, last night's show felt like they kind of mailed it in. I'll start getting a little more excited when it gets closer to the Royal Rumble. Has anybody watched or is keeping up with NXT UK? They're getting their first TakeOver soon (which I'm honestly surprised at the speed in which this is occurring).
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby jlabbate on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:20 pm

jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV