My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Question about the championship match. Does that mean Strowman failed in his cash in of the MITB or does he still have it? He tried to cash it in when the Shield first regrouped and interfered, so was last night the same deal?

No idea. No mention was made on Raw last night. Might be one of those, "let's move on and hope the audience forgets" kind of things.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:21 am

I'd assume it's gone and we're moving on. Now that Saudi Arabia decided they want Brock, he's back in the main event and cashing checks again.

It's funny to hear Irishman say he doesn't care about the shield because I feel the same way. I actually like all 3 guys significantly less as the shield. I don't know why, but I just don't get it.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:29 am

UFC Beard Brock > other Brock.

pretty sure he's always been clean shaven for WWE?
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:32 am

MJGallicchio wrote:I'd assume it's gone and we're moving on. Now that Saudi Arabia decided they want Brock, he's back in the main event and cashing checks again.

It's funny to hear Irishman say he doesn't care about the shield because I feel the same way. I actually like all 3 guys significantly less as the shield. I don't know why, but I just don't get it.

Rollins I can stomach as a singles competitor. Ambrose and Roman, no way!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:31 am

So, putting my conspiracy theory hat on, is Evolution simply a way to mute the fact that the WWE is making big bucks in a country that only recently gave women’s the right to drive? WWE has really been pushing the gender equality between male and female superstars for the last year, but continue to book big shows in Saudi Arabia- where the women aren’t allowed to wrestle - or be at the show without a male chaperone. If they really want show equality, they would say thanks, but no thanks to Saudi... but we know that will never happen while Vince is in charge, he likes the money too much and I bet, in his heart of hearts, he really doesn’t want woman wrestles, just valets and objects to be used in bits.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Creation88 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:51 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:So, putting my conspiracy theory hat on, is Evolution simply a way to mute the fact that the WWE is making big bucks in a country that only recently gave women’s the right to drive? WWE has really been pushing the gender equality between male and female superstars for the last year, but continue to book big shows in Saudi Arabia- where the women aren’t allowed to wrestle - or be at the show without a male chaperone. If they really want show equality, they would say thanks, but no thanks to Saudi... but we know that will never happen while Vince is in charge, he likes the money too much and I bet, in his heart of hearts, he really doesn’t want woman wrestles, just valets and objects to be used in bits.

bingo!

RAW received the lowest rating ever Monday. A damn shame considering this is the most talented roster in history. The writing and Vince are too far gone to save it. NXT only and main roster PPVs in the future for me. I enjoy SD! too though maybe because it's more palatable bc of 2 hrs instead of 3.
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:56 pm

I was just thinking this past week, why is Bobby Roode paired with Chad Gable!? This is a former US Champion who, if I remember correctly, hasn't even received a title shot yet and they're wasting him in this tag team?? Same thing with Asuka. She got a couple of title shots at Carmella, then nothing, and now she's paired with Naomi?

Also, what happened in Milwaukee?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Irishman12 wrote:I was just thinking this past week, why is Bobby Roode paired with Chad Gable!? This is a former US Champion who, if I remember correctly, hasn't even received a title shot yet and they're wasting him in this tag team?? Same thing with Asuka. She got a couple of title shots at Carmella, then nothing, and now she's paired with Naomi?

Also, what happened in Milwaukee?

Last week English attacked Rusev after again "inadvertently" distracting him (Rusev) and causing him to lose. Now English is hinting that Lana may have cheated (not sure if it is with him) in Milwaukee and he (English) has tapes to prove it.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby cotis on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Rock cut his promo about Lana and Rusev back in Wisconsin a few years back...
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:46 am

So the Alexa/Trish match is now Alexa & Mickie/Trish & Lita? Lame.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:51 am

Yup. I'm guessing based on absolutely nothing that either Trish or Lita got back into the ring and didn't feel comfortable that they'd be able to carry a full match, so they figured a tag match would make everyone look better. Plus, not Mickie can take the pin, the legends can go over, and Alexa doesn't need to look bad.

Also, I'm way more excited about old man HHH and old man HBK getting back together than I should be.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:27 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:Yup. I'm guessing based on absolutely nothing that either Trish or Lita got back into the ring and didn't feel comfortable that they'd be able to carry a full match, so they figured a tag match would make everyone look better. Plus, not Mickie can take the pin, the legends can go over, and Alexa doesn't need to look bad.

Also, I'm way more excited about old man HHH and old man HBK getting back together than I should be.

Very true on all points about the tag team match. I suspected as such as well that either Trish or Lita (or both perhaps) felt they couldn't carry a match on their own.

As for DX, I'm hesitant. Shawn is now coming out of retirement and hasn't wrestled in almost a decade. I didn't see the Greatest Royal Rumble or Super Showdown and I probably won't watch Crown Jewel other than to see HBK back in the ring again. Curious? Sure. Excited? No.

And I forgot to mention it earlier. I liked the Bellas turn on Ronda but where's it going to? A Ronda/Nikki match? Not excited about that but we'll see how the storyline plays out. I wouldn't mind seeing some twin magic again.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Ronda v. Nikki at Evolution as main-event.

HBK has been working at Performance Center for awhile now, so I assume he's been taking bumps and doing spots. I wouldn't expect him to have any ring rust. thinking ahead if he did sign a 5 match deal, can't help but dream about: HBK vs. Daniel Bryan, Almas, AJ Styles, Rollins, & Gargano?
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Kinda surprised at the lack of mention of this on WWE TV but NXT UK will begin streaming next Wednesday, October 17 at 3pm EST.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Kinda surprised at the lack of mention of this on WWE TV but NXT UK will begin streaming next Wednesday, October 17 at 3pm EST.

considering WWE programming is over for the week, and it was just announced today :lol:
cotis
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV