My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Yeah for a go home show it was pretty blah. Only looking forward to the AJ/Joe, Becky/Charlotte and Ronda/Alexa matches on Sunday. The rest I could care less about.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:39 pm

*yawn* see ya at Survivor Series.

Shield & Angle vs. Braun, Dolph, Drew, & Corbin
cotis
Art Expert

Postby GiantBoyDective on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Please for the love of God let this be an actual thing

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/09/12/ ... ddle-feud/
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Image #trollcru

danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm

I am curious as to everyone's thoughts on the Evolution PPV. I have been paying more attention to the women's matches since they announced it (I usually fast forward through them) and I have serious doubts they can pull off a whole PPV. Too many botched spots and just plain bad wrestling. I mean your biggest draw, Ronda Rousey, really only wrestles for about 3 minutes in any match. I haven't seen a good singles match since I started watching more and most of the story lines are either tag teams or mixed tag - Miz and Maryse, Bryan and Brie, Rusev and Lana, etc.

Maybe I am be misogynistic, but I just don't see them pulling off a successful PPV. Thoughts?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby MJGallicchio on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:29 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I am curious as to everyone's thoughts on the Evolution PPV. I have been paying more attention to the women's matches since they announced it (I usually fast forward through them) and I have serious doubts they can pull off a whole PPV. Too many botched spots and just plain bad wrestling. I mean your biggest draw, Ronda Rousey, really only wrestles for about 3 minutes in any match. I haven't seen a good singles match since I started watching more and most of the story lines are either tag teams or mixed tag - Miz and Maryse, Bryan and Brie, Rusev and Lana, etc.

Maybe I am be misogynistic, but I just don't see them pulling off a successful PPV. Thoughts?

I agree. I really worry about pairing active workers that have chemistry w/ "legends." As happy as I am to see some of these women come back, I can't imagine that Trish vs Alexa (and I love both) is going to be as good as something like Sasha vs Bailey or Charolette vs Becky.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby chalkdust on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:30 pm

just have to say, Ronda is awful at this.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:35 pm

On a related note, guys are creeps.

Finn Bálor WORN & SIGNED Connor's Cure T-Shirt
Current Bid: $245.00
Number Of Bids: 18

Braun Strowman WORN & SIGNED Connor's Cure T-Shirt
Current Bid: $315.00
Number Of Bids: 17

Seth Rollins WORN & SIGNED Wrist Wraps
Current Bid: $260.00
Number Of Bids: 19

Alexa Bliss WORN & SIGNED Connor's Cure T-Shirt
Current Bid: $1,310.00
Number Of Bids: 40
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:36 pm

This one is insane though.

Roman Reigns WORN & SIGNED Gloves
Current Bid: $6,410.00
Number Of Bids: 76
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Time will tell about Evolution but I see your point. Same thing with the Mae Young classic. Some of the matches are done very well, however, you still have your matches where the women (you can tell) are just going through the motions or waiting for their spots. I'm willing to give Evolution the benefit of the doubt until it proves me wrong, but I can also understand the apprehension going in to the PPV.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:57 pm

Holy cow, that was terrible! Can’t point to one match as being entertaining. Glad Lynch will get her run as champ. Tired of all the top rope work they try to squeeze into the matches. It takes way too long for them to get setup for the bump and it always stops the flow of a match.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK

Postby cotis on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:27 am

Raw Tag Titles match was easily one of the best tag matches of the year, so your opinion is no longer valid by saying it was terrible.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:36 am

cotis wrote:Raw Tag Titles match was easily one of the best tag matches of the year, so your opinion is no longer valid by saying it was terrible.

ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Postby Creation88 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:45 am

that was a good PPV minus the main event ending.
the tag match was very good but there are a lot of better matches this year especially if you add in NXT.

i wish the Hardy spot ended in an RKO. :lol:
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:26 pm

I thought the PPV was actually pretty good. Started off good with Hardy/Orton and then the Becky/Charlotte bout (with Becky winning) was awesome. The tag title match I was kind of in and out of because I honestly could care less about The Shield. AJ/Joe was alright (better than SummerSlam IMO), the mix tag took a little bit longer than it probably should have, Alexa/Ronda was sloppy and the main event: the ending with Brock returning was cool but the no winner was lame. Overall, a better PPV than I was expecting.

Rumor is the main event for next month might have already been spoiled on the venue's website: The Shield vs. Braun, Dolph and Drew. Yawn.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:08 pm

Question about the championship match. Does that mean Strowman failed in his cash in of the MITB or does he still have it? He tried to cash it in when the Shield first regrouped and interfered, so was last night the same deal?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV