My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby xangelx on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Creation88 wrote:Extreme Rules wasn't great but it wasn't horrible either. Reigns/Lashley was surprising good. I liked the KO bump and the Iron Man Match. everything else was a wash.

Thought it was pretty terrible. KO bump was cool but the match sucked. They have completely killed Asuka, she was amazing, they had her lose her streak to Charlotte to then end up losing comedy matches to Carmella and Ellsworth? Hardy/Nakamura should have been a solid match but nope here's a screwy finish instead. Ironman match should have been a goddamn classic with two of the best workers in the company. Instead we get a ridiculous amount of falls and a dumb run in finish, hugely disappointing and dare I say WCW-ish. Everything else was average and felt like a throwaway. Hopefully they rebound with a decent Summerslam.
xangelx
Art Expert

"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:45 am

I ended up turning it off after the reigns/Lashley match thinking it was over. I mean it had only been on for like 3.5 hours at that point, what was I thinking?

I am completely over how WWE have been using Asuka and Nakamura - both super talented and wasted in WWE. I know Nakamura has a belt now, but they need a different way to push him as a heel, this low blow fudge is just stupid. And the comic (using that term very loosely) fudge they are doing with Asuka is just beneath her at this point.

KO’s bump was good, but Mick didn’t have an obvious airbag under the desk when he hit. In either case you can bet I wouldn’t be doing that.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:16 pm

Creation88 wrote:Extreme Rules wasn't great but it wasn't horrible either. Reigns/Lashley was surprising good. I liked the KO bump and the Iron Man Match. everything else was a wash.

The crowd continuously counting down during the Iron Man match was funny.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:38 am

The New Day have since issued a statement on the Hulk Hogan situation, and it reads as follows:

“To the WWE Universe and whoever else it may concern:

This will be the only statement we will make regarding Hogan’s reinstatement into WWE’s Hall of Fame. We do not wish to spend the energy debating the point, because between our kids, our external ventures, and this job, our energy is spread thin enough already, lol.

We are only writing this simply to provide an answer to the many who have bombarded us with questions on where we stand on the issue.

We preface this statement by emphasizing that this is our own opinion and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of anyone else affected.

How do we feel? Indifferent. We are not happy, or sad, angry or resentful. Who WWE puts into the HOF is totally and completely up to the company and from a career standpoint, there is no argument on whether or not Hogan should have his place. We have no problem with his re-induction in the slightest degree. It is impossible to even begin to mention the history and evolution of the business without mentioning his name and accolades.

On a personal level, when someone makes racist and hateful comments about any race or group of people, especially to the degree that Hogan made about our people, we find it difficult to simply forget, regardless of how long ago it was, or the situation in which those comments were made. But we also do not respond with more feelings of hate. Instead, we just do not associate with the people who convey or have conveyed this negative and hurtful mindset. This instance will be no different. Perhaps if we see him make a genuine effort to change, then maybe our opinion will change with him. Time will tell.

Through the course of our lives, people have used racist comments towards us and it doesn’t feel good. But if we stopped moving forward every time we were met with prejudicial hatred, then we would have never achieved our current accomplishments.

We know we are worth it, we know our kids are worth it, and most importantly, we know that
people that look like us are worth it and always have been. There isn’t a person on this planet who will be ever be able to say anything to make us think otherwise because we believe in ourselves as a people and don’t need anyones approval on that, regardless of who they are.

Having said that, his reinstatement won’t change anything for us. It will have zero effect on our ability to perform or the level of effort we will put into doing what we love to do, and that is: To deliver an entertaining product each week for our fan base.

Sincerely,

– The New Day”

“Never trade your authenticity for approval.”
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby Creation88 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:06 pm

missed RAW last night because i was on a flight. anything worth watching?
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby cotis on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:41 pm

Creation88 wrote:missed RAW last night because i was on a flight. anything worth watching?

no.

just wait for the 6 hour Summerslam preshow, you'll get caught up real quick.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:13 pm

Did anyone else think it was overly dramatic/unnecessary to have every superstar on the roster come out Stephanie's "big" announcement? They're such a fan of the back stage segment that I feel this easily could have been done in the same manner. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to belittle the announcement. Just wasn't worth the first 10-15 minutes of Raw is all.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby cargoflipper on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:05 pm

Matt Riddle was yanked from the PWG shows. I say NXT debut in the stands in Brooklyn, wrestling debut in LA/November War Games
cargoflipper
Art Expert

hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days

Postby xangelx on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Did anyone else think it was overly dramatic/unnecessary to have every superstar on the roster come out Stephanie's "big" announcement? They're such a fan of the back stage segment that I feel this easily could have been done in the same manner. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to belittle the announcement. Just wasn't worth the first 10-15 minutes of Raw is all.

Yes. The advances in the women's division have been awesome but they hammer everything until it's just annoying. Even worse was all the scripted backstage banter with every wrestler having to talk about how excited they were for the new PPV. Made me cringe every time.
xangelx
Art Expert

"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 pm

Oh boy Lesner vs. Reigns for the title. Who could have seen that coming?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby cotis on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:26 am

cargoflipper wrote:Matt Riddle was yanked from the PWG shows. I say NXT debut in the stands in Brooklyn, wrestling debut in LA/November War Games

the chosen one.

someone people can get behind, who will eventually dethrone Roman.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:06 pm

xangelx wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Did anyone else think it was overly dramatic/unnecessary to have every superstar on the roster come out Stephanie's "big" announcement? They're such a fan of the back stage segment that I feel this easily could have been done in the same manner. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to belittle the announcement. Just wasn't worth the first 10-15 minutes of Raw is all.

Yes. The advances in the women's division have been awesome but they hammer everything until it's just annoying. Even worse was all the scripted backstage banter with every wrestler having to talk about how excited they were for the new PPV. Made me cringe every time.

Just WWE patting themselves on the back is all. But, where were all the women during The Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia? Oh that's right...

What's the worst match you've ever seen? For me, this always comes to mind: July 8, 2002. I thought it was a singles match between Trish Stratus and Jackie Gayda but after rewatching it, it appears it was a mix tag match. I just remembered that horrible finish. Something that bad has to stick out. Felt so bad for Trish having to compete with that.

Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby GiantBoyDective on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:21 am

cotis wrote:
cargoflipper wrote:Matt Riddle was yanked from the PWG shows. I say NXT debut in the stands in Brooklyn, wrestling debut in LA/November War Games

the chosen one.

someone people can get behind, who will eventually dethrone Roman.

Please god. His match with Ospreay :clap: :clap: :clap:
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Image #trollcru

danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Is anybody really looking forward to SummerSlam? With the exception of a few matches, I'm not really, which is disappointing. The only matches I'm looking forward to are: Alexa/Ronda, AJ/Samoa Joe, Carmella/Becky/Charlotte and the Shinsuke/Hardy match as long as we get something longer than the 11 seconds we got last PPV. Other than that, for being the 2nd biggest show of the year behind WrestleMania, I think it's kinda weak and a regurgitation of Extreme Rules.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:41 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Is anybody really looking forward to SummerSlam? With the exception of a few matches, I'm not really, which is disappointing. The only matches I'm looking forward to are: Alexa/Ronda, AJ/Samoa Joe, Carmella/Becky/Charlotte and the Shinsuke/Hardy match as long as we get something longer than the 11 seconds we got last PPV. Other than that, for being the 2nd biggest show of the year behind WrestleMania, I think it's kinda weak and a regurgitation of Extreme Rules.

so you're looking forward to half the matches on the card... :lol:

Dolph/Rollins might be match of the night. Seth is at an all-time high right now. I could see Ambrose swerve or Drew turn on Dolph.
Braun/KO I assume will have a funky finish, Braun to cash in later that night?
Bliss/Rousey will be good, Ronda walks away with title (setup Charlotte/Rousey at Mania).
AJ/Joe I assume will be match of the night. hard for these two to have a bad match.
Roman/Brock will be good, I assume Brock cashes in at some point making triple threat or when Brock wins, Braun destroys and cashes in.
cotis
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV