My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Irishman12 on Wed May 23, 2018 4:26 pm

cotis wrote:Fox can afford WWE because they cut Lucifer, Brooklyn 99, etc.

SD will be live on Fridays and is the new "A-show". you'll see stacked roster and best matches on FOX rather than PPV and RAW in future, due to this.

I think it's great for them, make the money. my stock purchased back in 02 for $7 has never looked better.

I heard Fox let UFC walk (which signed on with ESPN) so that freed up money as well.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Wed May 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Irishman12 wrote:

SD will be live on Fridays and is the new "A-show". you'll see stacked roster and best matches on FOX rather than PPV and RAW in future, due to this.

I think it's great for them, make the money. my stock purchased back in 02 for $7 has never looked better.

I heard Fox let UFC walk (which signed on with ESPN) so that freed up money as well.

thought I read that ESPN acquired the contract with UFC, so ESPN bought out the Fox contract. could be wrong :D
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Thu May 24, 2018 12:45 pm

cotis wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:

thought I read that ESPN acquired the contract with UFC, so ESPN bought out the Fox contract. could be wrong :D

I'm not sure about all of that. I just saw that ESPN+ would begin airing UFC and that they had them under contract. Whether or not they bought out the remainder of the Fox contract, I have no idea.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed May 30, 2018 2:08 pm

Wow, Smackdown Live really brought it last night. I mean, a dance off between Lana and Naomi. That'll bring the viewers in! :roll:
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Wed May 30, 2018 2:11 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Wow, Smackdown Live really brought it last night. I mean, a dance off between Lana and Naomi. That'll bring the viewers in! :roll:

In their defense, they did give us Samoa Joe and Daniel Bryan and Big Cass
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Please, someone get Strowman a new unitard. His nip slips are grossing me out.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Creation88 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:16 am

TV has been crap the last few months but MitB was really good.
however NXT Takeover was unbelievable. how this brand continues to exceed expectations on a continuous basis is unbelievable. Chiampa/Gargano are telling the best story in wrestling right now and that match is an all-time classic. so glad i got to snap a pic with Chiampa at the airport in New Orleans. this guy is a phenomenal heel.

this close to giving up on the main roster and just watching NXT. will cut my view time down from 5+ hrs to 1 a week. :lol:
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:00 pm

Creation88 wrote:TV has been crap the last few months but MitB was really good.
however NXT Takeover was unbelievable. how this brand continues to exceed expectations on a continuous basis is unbelievable. Chiampa/Gargano are telling the best story in wrestling right now and that match is an all-time classic. so glad i got to snap a pic with Chiampa at the airport in New Orleans. this guy is a phenomenal heel.

this close to giving up on the main roster and just watching NXT. will cut my view time down from 5+ hrs to 1 a week. :lol:

NXT always brings it and Takeover was no exception. So I'm assuming the next Takeover (I'm guessing at SummerSlam) will feature the rubber match between Gargano and Chiampa? MITB was alright. Kind of thought/hoped they would have put the belt on Nakamura last night, however, that match was at least better than the show at WrestleMania. Rousey showed she could take a beating last night. Geez, Nia threw her around a lot yesterday. Was happy to see Alexa cash in and regain her title as well! With the men's, is this setting up a showdown of Braun/Brock for SummerSlam? Been hearing Roman/Brock was the latest plan but with Braun's victory last night, does that change things?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:27 pm

WWE announces that UK show that's been discussed recently. It's called NXT UK and will feature the UK Championship as well as introduce the UK Women's Championship and the UK Tag Team Championship. I would guess this will probably run on Thursday nights since Monday's is for Raw, Tuesday's for Smackdown/205 Live and Wednesday's for NXT? Or maybe this will run right after NXT on Wednesday's, giving you 2 straight hours of NXT action?

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-united-kingdom-championship-tournament/article/wwe-launches-new-uk-series
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:09 pm

2 news stories broke yesterday. First, Vader past away. Second, Big Cass got let go by the WWE. I didn't want to see him go but that feud with Daniel Bryan didn't do anything for me. Cass was not great on the mic IMO.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby xangelx on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Irishman12 wrote:

NXT always brings it and Takeover was no exception. So I'm assuming the next Takeover (I'm guessing at SummerSlam) will feature the rubber match between Gargano and Chiampa? MITB was alright. Kind of thought/hoped they would have put the belt on Nakamura last night, however, that match was at least better than the show at WrestleMania. Rousey showed she could take a beating last night. Geez, Nia threw her around a lot yesterday. Was happy to see Alexa cash in and regain her title as well! With the men's, is this setting up a showdown of Braun/Brock for SummerSlam? Been hearing Roman/Brock was the latest plan but with Braun's victory last night, does that change things?

I think it'll be Roman/Brock at Summerslam, Roman finally wins, Braun cashes in on a weakened Roman (Roman must look strong after all) . Brock takes off for UFC.
xangelx
Art Expert

"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm

xangelx wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:

I think it'll be Roman/Brock at Summerslam, Roman finally wins, Braun cashes in on a weakened Roman (Roman must look strong after all) . Brock takes off for UFC.

I'd be cool with that. Some have suggested that Roman and the WWE just embrace it and have him turn heel. Although with John Cena in Hollywood more nowadays, I don't see them turning their biggest "face" in the company.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Creation88 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:45 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
xangelx wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:

I'd be cool with that. Some have suggested that Roman and the WWE just embrace it and have him turn heel. Although with John Cena in Hollywood more nowadays, I don't see them turning their biggest "face" in the company.

they already have the biggest face in the company: Seth Rollins. Braun Strowman can fit that role as well. and you have DB on SD!
there are so many mis-cast stars in WWE:
Roode should be heel
Rusev should be face
Reigns should be heel
etc etc
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby luderico on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:59 am

NXT Takeover was the fudge again.
Hope Gargano gets a title shot, wins.
Then match against Ciampa, Candice betrays Gargano, Ciampa wins.
I
luderico
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:38 pm

luderico wrote:Then match against Ciampa, Candice betrays Gargano, Ciampa wins.
I

That was in the back of my mind during this last TakeOver.
Irishman12
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV