My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Creation88 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:24 pm

that RAW was not great coming off the Shakeup. Dolph/McIntyre match/promo saved it. LOVED that.
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby Creation88 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:13 am

not a great SD! either. :neutral:
Creation88
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:44 pm

No I agree, this week's shows were kinda soft.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby MJGallicchio on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:15 pm

I'm just happy Daniel Bryan is back and we're finally getting the Daniel Bryan / Big Cass dream match that we've all been so excited to see.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:57 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:I'm just happy Daniel Bryan is back and we're finally getting the Daniel Bryan / Big Cass dream match that we've all been so excited to see.

Yeah, and that coffin match with taker and Resev- cause they have been feuding for all of no weeks. Not even remotely sure how they came up with that, other than whole Rusev Day thing is currently getting over.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby MJGallicchio on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:00 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
MJGallicchio wrote:I'm just happy Daniel Bryan is back and we're finally getting the Daniel Bryan / Big Cass dream match that we've all been so excited to see.

Yeah, and that coffin match with taker and Resev- cause they have been feuding for all of no weeks. Not even remotely sure how they came up with that, other than whole Rusev Day thing is currently getting over.

You mean the coffin match with Rusev Jericho Rusev?
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:02 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:

You mean the coffin match with Rusev Jericho Rusev?

Yeah, that one! :lol:

And a 50 man RR? That is going to take forever!
Last edited by ToolFanFromWayBack on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby MJGallicchio on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:22 pm

I know they're trying to balance the come down from WM, stack a card for Saudi Arabia, work through the Superstar Shakeup, and build for Backlash, but the story telling over the past 2 weeks or so has been a sloppy mess.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:37 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:I know they're trying to balance the come down from WM, stack a card for Saudi Arabia, work through the Superstar Shakeup, and build for Backlash, but the story telling over the past 2 weeks or so has been a sloppy mess.

wasn't that great in the lead up to Mania either! :roll:
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Creation88 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:51 pm

cotis wrote:
MJGallicchio wrote:I know they're trying to balance the come down from WM, stack a card for Saudi Arabia, work through the Superstar Shakeup, and build for Backlash, but the story telling over the past 2 weeks or so has been a sloppy mess.

wasn't that great in the lead up to Mania either! :roll:

for real! this is arguably the most talented roster they've ever had and the storytelling is pure garbage/lazy.
Creation88
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:53 pm

On a bright note, I love that Something Else To Wrestle With has a show on the network. I love Bruce and Conrad. I also only have 10ish episodes left until I'm caught up on the What Happened When pod and I'll probably listen to the Bischoff one too. I love the behind the scenes insight into the stuff that happened when I was growing up with these shows.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 pm

its the wealth of riches. too much talent.

that's why NXT is great, because you don't get the bloated TV storylines (most of the time), and you get good quality matches which showcase the performer. it's not about selling ads or TV spots or this and that.

it's about EC3 being a cocky 1%, Ricochet being a literal flying superman, Ciampa being a terribly bad person in every sense of the word, etc. etc.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Creation88 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:03 am

i would contend that another reason NXT is so great is because it's a slow burn which means when the showdown actually goes down it's been built up over the course of time and 9x out of 10 it pays off.
Creation88
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:16 pm

Creation88 wrote:i would contend that another reason NXT is so great is because it's a slow burn which means when the showdown actually goes down it's been built up over the course of time and 9x out of 10 it pays off.

YES! This on so many levels. The buildup for the main roster usually is rushed and then they fight at 3 or 4 PPVs straight.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby MJGallicchio on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:23 am

I'm watching the Greatest RR kickoff show and the WWE really needs to stop with these clip art words popping up during promos. It's dumb and adds absolutely nothing. Just stop it already!
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV