My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:03 am

The very end was very strange.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby cotis on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:44 am

Orton/Lesnar Summerslam strange?
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Like everyone else, I thought a Reigns title win was the best bet of the night. So now Lesnar isn't going to UFC after all I'm assuming. Best match of the night? Personally, the IC match was great but I liked Charlotte/Asuka the most. The AJ/Nakamura match kind of disappointed and not just because Nakamura came up short. The crowd seemed to be sitting on their hands. Honestly, I think they need to make the show shorter. 5 hours is too long and the crowd gets burned out. I also did enjoy Rousey's debut. I wonder when and who she'll fight next? Also, any plans on when the Superstar Shakeup is taking place?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:42 pm

My take on best matches..

-IC Title Match & Charlotte/Asuka (best of the night)
-Ronda/Kurt v. HHH/Steph
-AJ/Nakamura
-Cruiserweight
-DB/Shane v. Zayn/Owens
-Nia v. Alexa
-Brock v. Roman
-US Title
-Taker/Cena
-Braun/Kid v. The Bar
-Womens Battle Royale
-Andre Battle Royale
cotis
Art Expert

Postby PrintNoob87 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:12 pm

cotis wrote:My take on best matches..

-IC Title Match & Charlotte/Asuka (best of the night)
-Ronda/Kurt v. HHH/Steph
-AJ/Nakamura
-Cruiserweight
-DB/Shane v. Zayn/Owens
-Nia v. Alexa
-Brock v. Roman
-US Title
-Taker/Cena
-Braun/Kid v. The Bar
-Womens Battle Royale
-Andre Battle Royale

Would pretty much echo this exactly except Braun/the kid was the dumbest fudge I've seen in some time. Was praying the kid would eat a brogue kick - that woulda vaulted it to the top. Where are the young bucks when you need them?
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:00 pm

So, Lesnar has signed a new contract with WWE and is going to go at it again with Reigns in Saudi Arabia. Speaking of which, I am guessing there wont be any women's matches at that show (at least not in their regular ring attire).

I mostly agree with the above posts on the best to worst matches except for the AJ/Nakamura bout. It seemed flat to me. The crowd was not into it and it was certainly not the "dream match" WWE promoted.

the Strowman/kid thing was really stupid. I really enjoy the Bar as a tag team and it seems kind of shitty of the WWE for putting the tag straps on a singles guy and a kid. I am assuming there will be some announcement tonight that Braun and the kid have to relinquish the tag titles and then there will be some tag team buildup to the next PPV.

It is time for the Undertaker to retire for reals. I can see WWE and UT wanting to end on a decisive win and now they have it. The botched moves (walking the top rope and that boot) really show how rusty he is. I just can't see him being able to do more than he did last night - 5-8 minutes before the tanks are empty.

that whole new day pancake shtick is played out and frankly, at this point, embarrassing.

Finally, are closing moves just done? seems like everyone is able to kick out after F5's, superman punches, spears, etc.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:56 am

Really surprised at how great that Ronda match was. Glad to see that.

Overall, I really enjoyed the WM.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby beetlejuice on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:59 am

That NXT ladder match was better than anything I saw on WM. So was the main event at NXT. Both really great. WM super long and I didn't tune in until after the first match of the main card.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Go ahead, make my millennium.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Goddamit that André the giant documentary really took me back. So sad how much pain he was in at the end.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Postby chaeldub on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 am

Whoever produce that Reigns/Lesnar match should be fired. Samoa Joe, Strowman and many others fall to one F5. Taker it took three. Reigns took 6 and one was through the announce table. So lets ingine some time in the future when he is chsmp... how does anyone defeat him? A cruise missle, drop him in wet concrete.

Rumor is Vince called an audible and changed the outcome mid match because of the crowd. There's also the altercation between Brock, Shane and Vince after the match. I imagine that Btock is tired of this crap. Trying to put over someone that the crowd will just notcheer for.

I'm guessing he drops the belt in Saudi Arabia in the steel cage.
chaeldub
Art Connoisseur

Postby Creation88 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:52 am

Takeover:
continuously exceed very high expectations.
the Ladder match was unbelievable and the crowd was off its hinges for it. i literally jumped out of my seat on that Ricochet backflip off the ladder and another one of his spots. Un-freaking-believable.
the Chiampa/Gargano match was amazing. the storytelling was top notch. i was surprised it went on last but it was well deserved.
Almas/Black was also great. great story telling in this match too and creative ending. Almas is great.
the tag match ending was unexpected and awesome to witness in person.
the women's match had great storytelling as well albeit in a dead part of the card coming off that ladder match.

I saw a ton of the NXT roster at the airport on Monday. Bazler, Dakota, Belair, Heavy Machinery, EC3, and took a picture with the man himself Tommasso! :clap: black eye and all.

WM:
i have to admit. i had bottomless mimosas starting at 10am and went pretty hard. plus more drinks afterward. after passing out for a bit we made it into the arena during the women's battle royal. i didn't feel like i missed anything TBH.
surprisingly the best match on the card was the Rousey one. the crowd was SUPER into it.
the Asuka/Charlotte match was also really good. i can see why they gave Charlotte the nod now. setting up Charlotte/Rousey for WM35 headliner.
there was some questionable booking but unexpected too. i didn't understand the stretcher spot in the DB/Shane match. that kind of deflated the crowd and it never recovered. but it was great seeing DB in the ring again.
AJ/Nakamura was a disappointment and made me question whether you can do storytelling like we saw in the Takeover headliner in a giant stadium like that. the crowd just wasn't into it. perhaps bc the show was too long.
the crowd fudge all over the Brock/Reigns match. beach ball mania, people getting kicked out, THIS IS AWFUL chants. the crowd let it be known they didn't care for it.

all in all, a great weekend in New Orleans. hope they return there soon. i'm excited for the Superstar Shakeup.
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby MJGallicchio on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Last night was a really good night. Smackdown was great from the new GM, through the women's segment, and ending with the "dream match part 2." Then the Andre doc was very enjoyable. Sad, but enjoyable. Great end to WM week.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby chisoxfan2424 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:42 pm

So Taker is fighting Rusev in Saudi Arabia. I guess that answers our retirement question.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:55 pm

I'm a little surprised only 2 call ups from NXT last night but happy to see Peyton and Billie on Smackdown. Paige as GM is a nice touch to keep her on TV. And then Carmella cashing in the Money in the Bank to win the title? I think she'll have a short reign. Who does she drop it to?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Irishman12 wrote:I'm a little surprised only 2 call ups from NXT last night but happy to see Peyton and Billie on Smackdown. Paige as GM is a nice touch to keep her on TV. And then Carmella cashing in the Money in the Bank to win the title? I think she'll have a short reign. Who does she drop it to?

Charlotte next Tuesday.
cotis
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV