My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:17 pm

is Rousey coming in as a heel to beef with Asuka?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby noeldaddy on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 am

I watched NXT last week and a little bit of the Rumble Sunday cause go Philly. Thought the women's rumble was actually pretty decent. Sasha Banks as Wonder Woman kept me upright. Asuka is literally the fudge. Would be a total waste if they put her against Rousey. I've never seen Alexa Bliss before but man did she look boring and wooden and frightened all at the same time. Would love to see Asuka eat her alive. I'll tune in to Wrestlemania but right now the only thing that has my interest is the women.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:35 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:is Rousey coming in as a heel to beef with Asuka?

I've heard the dream match they want to do is Ronda/Charlotte. Thought it was going to happen at this year's WrestleMania, but now I'm hearing Ronda could team up with The Rock in a mixed tag match to go against HHH/Stephanie to follow up on their brief angle from WrestleMania 3 years ago.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby MJGallicchio on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:41 pm

I'm reading the same. I'd guess they want to get her some reps in the ring and exposure on TV before putting her and Charlotte in a headlining position. By putting her in a mixed tag, she doesn't carry the same expectations and she can lean on someone else to carry the match if she's not in "game shape."
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:02 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:I'm reading the same. I'd guess they want to get her some reps in the ring and exposure on TV before putting her and Charlotte in a headlining position. By putting her in a mixed tag, she doesn't carry the same expectations and she can lean on someone else to carry the match if she's not in "game shape."

True, but I would imagine she'd carry most of the match because the studios don't want The Rock getting injured like he did a few years back when he fought John Cena.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Rumored WrestleMania 34 card:

-John Cena vs. The Undertaker
-Universal Title Match: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns
-WWE Title Match: AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
-Ronda Rousey and partner vs. Stephanie McMahon and Triple H
-Intercontinental Title Match: The Miz (c) vs. Braun Strowman
-Raw Women’s Title Match: Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia Jax
-Smackdown Live Women’s Title Match: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Asuka
-Seth Rollins vs. Jason Jordan
-Cruiserweight Title Tournament Final
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby MJGallicchio on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Robbie Fox of Barstool Sports reports that WrestleMania 35 will be held in the New York - New Jersey area at MetLife Stadium, the same location that hosted WrestleMania 29. Fox noted that Detroit and Philadelphia were heavily considered as host cities but that WWE is going with the NY - NJ area again. This should be taken as a rumor until WWE makes an official announcement, but we have heard that a decision on the WrestleMania 35 location was being finalized. Fox noted that the rumored date for WrestleMania 35 is April 7th, 2019.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby Creation88 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:30 am

MJGallicchio wrote:
Robbie Fox of Barstool Sports reports that WrestleMania 35 will be held in the New York - New Jersey area at MetLife Stadium, the same location that hosted WrestleMania 29. Fox noted that Detroit and Philadelphia were heavily considered as host cities but that WWE is going with the NY - NJ area again. This should be taken as a rumor until WWE makes an official announcement, but we have heard that a decision on the WrestleMania 35 location was being finalized. Fox noted that the rumored date for WrestleMania 35 is April 7th, 2019.

kinda sucks that the columns will need to be there. i may go if i can get unobstructed seats.
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby MJGallicchio on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:48 am

Creation88 wrote:
MJGallicchio wrote:

kinda sucks that the columns will need to be there. i may go if i can get unobstructed seats.

NY/NJ is driving distance for me. We're already planning on NXT/Access/WM/Raw. Just need tickets and an Air BNB.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:27 pm

driving distance is a beautiful thing, then again we get a lot of fudge here in the NJ/NYC/PA area. less than 30 minutes to get to Wrestlemania is pretty cool though, I won't lie. I was ringside last time, and it was cold but it was fun. different element than the warm Manias throughout the south.

HOF/NXT/RAW/SD will be at Prudential Center, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Barclays get them either. since it is being billed as WM NEW YORK again, not NJ as it truly is.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Creation88 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:51 pm

can't see them holding anything at Prudential. thinking Barclay's for everything besides WM.
Creation88
Art Expert

Postby chisoxfan2424 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:26 pm

Why they always leave Chicago out, never get any of the big 4
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 pm

Ivory had moxie.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 am

Ronda Rousey is going to be at the Elimination Chamber. Since it happens every time, I wonder who's going to interrupt her contract signing to set up her first match? I'm assuming Stephanie McMahon since it's been rumored that she'll tag with HHH to take on Ronda and a partner.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby Creation88 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 pm

i enjoyed RAW last night. good long matches with a focus on the in-ring wrestling. and the Braun bass thing was awesome. :lol:
Creation88
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV