My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby cotis on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:23 pm

stale or not, it's always sold out and it's in one of (if not the biggest) WWE market in the country.

I think you'll see SummerSlam in UK soon.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby jlabbate on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:10 pm

jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby MJGallicchio on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:56 pm

I always assumed the Super Bowl, World Series, WrestleMania, etc giveaways were BS, but one of my close friends just got an email saying that he was one of the 34 grand prize winners for the WWE Network WrestleMania giveaway. Free roundtrip airfare, hotel, and tickets to WM.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:I always assumed the Super Bowl, World Series, WrestleMania, etc giveaways were BS, but one of my close friends just got an email saying that he was one of the 34 grand prize winners for the WWE Network WrestleMania giveaway. Free roundtrip airfare, hotel, and tickets to WM.

lies - tell him to send me an e-mail with his info just to make sure.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby MJGallicchio on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:06 pm

cotis wrote:
MJGallicchio wrote:I always assumed the Super Bowl, World Series, WrestleMania, etc giveaways were BS, but one of my close friends just got an email saying that he was one of the 34 grand prize winners for the WWE Network WrestleMania giveaway. Free roundtrip airfare, hotel, and tickets to WM.

LOL. He sent us screenshots of the email they sent him. It includes the phone number of the contact to call. It's taken a lot of self control to not steal his identity and call.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:07 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:
cotis wrote:

LOL. He sent us screenshots of the email they sent him. It includes the phone number of the contact to call. It's taken a lot of self control to not steal his identity and call.

i've got bad morals, bring it on. :lol:

but really congrats to him! hardly ever hear of anyone you know (directly or indirect) winning these things.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Creation88 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:56 am

SS was so-so. i enjoyed all the title changes but do not understand letting a perennial superstar, world renown wrestler, former IWGP champion lose to Jinder Mahal. i drymounting beat John Cena to lose "dirty" to Jinder. drymounting dumb.

the main event was highly entertaining but again WWE needs to learn that less is more. it dumbfounds me that NXT and WWE are the same company. you'd think Vince would learn a little from NXT. sheesh.
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby cotis on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:46 am

SS didn't have "Big 4" PPV feel. no pyro, nothing that made it stand out from a regular PPV. 4-way was great, not sure how it translated on TV but Braun was really over after annihilating everyone.

Takeover was great, Asuka/Ember match was legit. Johnny/Andrade match was great as well... perfect way to open the night.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby beetlejuice on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:18 pm

watching on PPV I enjoyed the tag win for Rollins/Ambrose, the two womens matches and the fatal 4 way. Mahal match was decent just didn't go the way I wanted. Favorite moment was at the beginning of that when the crowd kept singing Nakamura's theme. Sounded super loud on my tv.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Go ahead, make my millennium.

Postby chisoxfan2424 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:33 pm

cotis wrote:SS didn't have "Big 4" PPV feel. no pyro, nothing that made it stand out from a regular PPV. 4-way was great, not sure how it translated on TV but Braun was really over after annihilating everyone.

Takeover was great, Asuka/Ember match was legit. Johnny/Andrade match was great as well... perfect way to open the night.

I agree it didn't have the big 4 feel. nothing great
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Creation88 wrote:SS was so-so. i enjoyed all the title changes but do not understand letting a perennial superstar, world renown wrestler, former IWGP champion lose to Jinder Mahal.

They want into the India market badly and are pushing the crap out of Jinder!

I agree with everyone here, SummerSlam was so-so and the 4-way definitely was the match of the night. Great way to end the show!
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby Creation88 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm

got my War Games tickets! :clap: :pint:
Creation88
Art Expert

FS: BTTF II variant

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:13 pm

Nice, good job! I wanted to go but I'm trying to go to Games 1 & 2 of the ALCS this weekend and had to make a decision. I went with my Yankees but have fun. I still have my Survivor Series ticket. I'm still debating if I should go or try to sell it. It'll really depend upon the card. I saw a rumored card for War Games and that made it easier for me to make my decision to catch it on the Network.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:59 pm

WWE is in some trouble tonight. The main event will no longer include Roman Reigns but instead will waste Kurt Angle's return to a WWE ring in this mix tag team handicap match. Also, the program that WWE has built between Bray Wyatt and Finn Balor will not get their payoff match tonight as AJ Styles is taking over for Wyatt. Both Bray and Roman are dealing with viral meningitis. I can't remember the last time a talent was pulled from a PPV due to illness (especially after being built up like these 2 programs have). Honestly, I have the WWE Network and I'm getting burned out on a PPV every 2 weeks. I feel it's getting watered down and should go back to once a month (but that's just my opinion).
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby xangelx on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Irishman12 wrote:WWE is in some trouble tonight. The main event will no longer include Roman Reigns but instead will waste Kurt Angle's return to a WWE ring in this mix tag team handicap match. Also, the program that WWE has built between Bray Wyatt and Finn Balor will not get their payoff match tonight as AJ Styles is taking over for Wyatt. Both Bray and Roman are dealing with viral meningitis. I can't remember the last time a talent was pulled from a PPV due to illness (especially after being built up like these 2 programs have). Honestly, I have the WWE Network and I'm getting burned out on a PPV every 2 weeks. I feel it's getting watered down and should go back to once a month (but that's just my opinion).

It's not viral meningitis, it's been reported to be mumps, but was suspected as meningitis initially.

Would definitely have preferred a build to Angle's return and I'm bummed to not get to see The Shield in action but I'm ok with this.

Balor and Bray feud has been garbage. I thank the mumps that we don't have to watch Finn beat Bray for a third straight PPV. Styles is exponentially more talented than Bray and AJ vs Finn is a dream match. I'd be surprised if this match doesn't steal the show. I'm pumped for these 2 matches and Asuka kicking Emma's head off. Should be a decent show.
xangelx
Art Expert

"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV