My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:29 am

Grew up (ok stoned in college) in the age of stone cold, the rock, degeneration X etc. still watch on occasion and was happy to hear the rock back on the mic. Him and punk on the 2 best on the mics this era. Anyone take time away from DALeast discussions to watch a little wrasslin?
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4854
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby xangelx on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 am

I was a child of the Hulk Hogan era then stopped watching, came back during the attitude era then took a break until a few months ago when a girl I was seeing got me back into it. Super excited to see the Rock back on, also hoping I can go to Wrestlemania this year. It would be my first live event since Royal Rumble 2000.

Finally The Rock has come to Ebeans.
User avatar
xangelx
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1998
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY - Top of the food chain!
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:39 am

xangelx wrote:I was a child of the Hulk Hogan era then stopped watching, came back during the attitude era then took a break until a few months ago when a girl I was seeing got me back into it. Super excited to see the Rock back on, also hoping I can go to Wrestlemania this year. It would be my first live event since Royal Rumble 2000.

Finally The Rock has come to Ebeans.

Well it looks like it may just be the 2 of us.... :D
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4854
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby DaleCooper on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 am

Been waiting for this thread to pop up for a few years but didn't dare make it myself through fear of ridicule.

Travelling from the UK to NY in April for my first Wrestlemania. Can't wait.
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3594
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Postby BetterCallSaul on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:24 am

I haven't really kept up with it in years, but I used to be a big fan. I grew out of it i guess, stopped watching it right around when John Cena first started. you know, before he became a gangsta. lol. My favorites always were the hardy boyz. I loved the TLC matches.
Last edited by BetterCallSaul on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert
 
Status: Banned !
Posts: 5589
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Postby DaleCooper on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 am

The first 2 TLC matches are amongst my favourite of all time. TLC II especially. Wrestlemania X7 was just incredible throughout.

Yeah, I stopped for a while after the attitude era ended. Picked it back up when CM Punk came in. John Cena's still pissing me off every week though :x
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3594
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Postby BetterCallSaul on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:16 am

I've only been to one live wwe event, and that was Vengeance in 2002. I got to see hulk hogan, the rock, undertaker, Jeff hardy, Kurt angle, rvd, lesnar, and all of my favorites that night. I've never needed to go to another event. Haha
User avatar
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert
 
Status: Banned !
Posts: 5589
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Postby AtomicDaytona on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 am

The last time I saw a WWF match, these two guys were "fighting":

Image
User avatar
AtomicDaytona
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 3:18 pm
Location: Dirtona Beach, FL
Calmer than you are.

Postby binky79 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 am

I was into WWF/WCW in the mid-late 90s. The one event I attended was In Baltimore and featured The Undertaker vs Mankind. Not sure why I got into it or out of it, just a passing thing I guess.
User avatar
binky79
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6071
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:15 pm
Location: DFW burbs

Postby HisBobness on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 am

xangelx wrote: It would be my first live event since Royal Rumble 2000.


I was at WrestleMania 2000 :lol:
User avatar
HisBobness
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3342
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Dodgertown, California
Image

Postby earlgreytoast on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 am

I was way into it as a pre-teen - Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka was my boy...the Iron Sheik...Hulkamania was running wild brother!

But yeah, if you're into this as an adult, I gotta say, you are right to be kind of ashamed of it. :D :P
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6815
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm
Codeblue wrote:This thread is boring. I'm going to go jerk off.


http://artsy.bigcartel.com/

Postby jlabbate on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 am

earlgreytoast wrote:I was way into it as a pre-teen - Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka was my boy...the Iron Sheik...Hulkamania was running wild brother!

But yeah, if you're into this as an adult, I gotta say, you are right to be kind of ashamed of it. :D :P


Huge Superfly Snuka fan as a kid growing up in the 80's..I remember those classic battles w/ Don Muraco & Rowdy Roddy Piper :notworthy:
I even remember when Snuka was a bad guy and fighting Bob Backlund :shock:
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 15361
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby Kramerica on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:15 am

I used to follow in the 90's a bit. Went to Backlash in KC where Owen Hart fell from the rafters and died.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 11712
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby schmoff on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:20 am

jlabbate wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:I was way into it as a pre-teen - Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka was my boy...the Iron Sheik...Hulkamania was running wild brother!

But yeah, if you're into this as an adult, I gotta say, you are right to be kind of ashamed of it. :D :P


Huge Superfly Snuka fan as a kid growing up in the 80's..I remember those classic battles w/ Don Muraco & Rowdy Roddy Piper :notworthy:
I even remember when Snuka was a bad guy and fighting Bob Backlund :shock:



same here, went to see andre the giant VS kamala when i was a little kid, i think is stopped watching at about age 15 though
User avatar
schmoff
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5890
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:00 am
Location: NY
Image T.K.C.

Postby jlabbate on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 am

schmoff wrote:
jlabbate wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:I was way into it as a pre-teen - Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka was my boy...the Iron Sheik...Hulkamania was running wild brother!

But yeah, if you're into this as an adult, I gotta say, you are right to be kind of ashamed of it. :D :P


Huge Superfly Snuka fan as a kid growing up in the 80's..I remember those classic battles w/ Don Muraco & Rowdy Roddy Piper :notworthy:
I even remember when Snuka was a bad guy and fighting Bob Backlund :shock:



same here, went to see andre the giant VS kamala when i was a little kid, i think is stopped watching at about age 15 though


was Andre/Kamala match at the Nassau Coliseum(mid 80's)?..if so I was there!...got to slap Andre's super sized mitt after the match on his way back to the dressing room
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 15361
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Next

Return to Cinema/TV



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests